IGNORED

Pivotal Point Of The Season

Some new blood is desperately needed at the club and striker heads the list. I presume deadline day is next Tuesday, although i suspect Johnson will take full advantage of the 'Loan until the end of season with transfer agreed for that date' loop hole in the system, in order to bring in some new faces.

If we don't sign anyone, i would be a touch concerned with the obvious limitations of the current squad and our precarious position at the moment.

If we sell Brooker now, serious questions have to be asked about the desire and passion the club shows, yes we're not rich and are glad to receive a big income where necessary (Lita) but to sell our ONLY consistently decent player at this stage would be suicide and test the faith of our most ardent supporters. Hopefully Johnson and Lansdown have at least two brain cells between and can for see that the long term negatives of such a decision far out weigh any short term positives.

Despite our good form over Christmas, we appear to have reached another watershed moment in the season and i for one am getting worried about how the out come of the next two weeks will affect us.

Make no mistake if we sink any lower, there will be none of this 'bounce back up next season bullsh!t, we will be stuck in the lowest rung of promotion football for a good couple of seasons.

On the other hand, if we pull together and harness some 'Dunkirk' spirit and stay up, we can certainly build for the future with a solid team spirit, strong work ethic and one or two additions you enhance the squad.

Come on you reds!!!

Archived