IGNORED

Stewart Should Start Saturday

RED4LIFE

Right before i get a bunch of people on my back about this topic, I am NOT slating Savage (or any other player for that matter), so please don't make this into another Stewart v Savage debate, as I'm sure most of us on this forum are sick of that subject!!

I would like to say that yesterday i had the good fortune to speak to MS for a little while (he came into my work) and in the course of the conversation it became clear just how much a win tomorrow would mean to him.

It showed me just how much playing for this club means to him, considering he said that there isnt many other clubs he would like to beat more than Swansea (Cardiff and the gas being the other two).

He knows how much it means to Bristolians to beat any team from over that god forsaken bridge, and the question I ask is this, how many other City players know what this would mean to the fans?

On this evidence alone, I believe he should start tomorrow, let alone how much more talent he has than certain other centre forwards at the club........................ :shutup:

In my opinion Stewart should start every game. If a golden chance fell to savage\stewart who would you want on the end of it? I would say Stewart and I'm sure many others would as well!! I would play Stewart from the start for say 60mins and if he hasnt scored, bring on big bas to cause havoc with his gigantic stepovers!!

Right before i get a bunch of people on my back about this topic, I am NOT slating Savage (or any other player for that matter), so please don't make this into another Stewart v Savage debate, as I'm sure most of us on this forum are sick of that subject!!

I would like to say that yesterday i had the good fortune to speak to MS for a little while (he came into my work) and in the course of the conversation it became clear just how much a win tomorrow would mean to him.

It showed me just how much playing for this club means to him, considering he said that there isnt many other clubs he would like to beat more than Swansea (Cardiff and the gas being the other two).

He knows how much it means to Bristolians to beat any team from over that god forsaken bridge, and the question I ask is this, how many other City players know what this would mean to the fans?

On this evidence alone, I believe he should start tomorrow, let alone how much more talent he has than certain other centre forwards at the club........................ :shutup:

DEF START STEWART

In my opinion Stewart should start every game. If a golden chance fell to savage\stewart who would you want on the end of it?

Despite not rating Bas, I would prefer to judge the two on who got presented with a half chance (much more likely, given the the league we play in) and I'm sorry chaps, I'd rather choose Basso than Basil to convert.

Its got to be Stewart to start. However, after our capture of the top scorer from the football league's worst team, I stongly suspect that Marcus won't even be on the bench. After which I think even I'd get the message........ :(

I think that Marcus may probalbly start tomorrow, unless GJ decides to play easter instead, but he will more than likely be on the bench.

GJ brough on Marcus fairly early in the 2nd have at B'pool, probably with this game in his mind, I would personally like to see Bas play, only because I feel he brings out the best in Brooker. Only time will tell I s'pose

Great Post Red, I really hopes he starts tomorrow, just reading what you have said about him, confirms my belief he is the man to lead our attack tomorrow, and not for any other reason than I just so want the City to win tomorrow (payback time) I really hope he hits the back of their net a few times, Come On CITY.

My views on Stewart are on the other thread.

I would like for Stewart to start tomorrow, especially if he is as up for it as the origional poster suggests. It would be good to see how he gets on, see if he's got into gear yet. He's worth a shot.

My views on Stewart are on the other thread.

I would like for Stewart to start tomorrow, especially if he is as up for it as the origional poster suggests. It would be good to see how he gets on, see if he's got into gear yet. He's worth a shot.

I can guarantee that he's up for it.

I have only put an edited version of what he said to me on my original thread, because if I put all that he said to me on here, it could upset some of our moderators/ less thick skinned forum members, as it did include a few expletives to say the least!!

A more passionate City player i think you may struggle to find. :city:

Reading between the lines of the interview on world today it sounds like Savage is starting.

Johnson talked about Savage's new contract and his enthusiasm making up for his lack of quality and then said something about hopefully the crowd will get behind all the lads in red shirts on Saturday.

Of course we will, but I'd still rather Stewart started - we might score then.

Nibor

This is the game fer Marcus: The Taffy dai bachs coming, and he wants revenge.

This IS his chance. If he don't take this one, then........................bye.

What are you on about? He won't get a start anyway and even if he did and had a poor game why would that be the end? It's not like Savage is taking his chances is it?

Nibor

What are you on about? He won't get a start anyway and even if he did and had a poor game why would that be the end? It's not like Savage is taking his chances is it?

Nibor

This is a game tailor made for Martcus to do the biz. A footballing side. Our team playing better. His experience. As opposed to Baz, who wont do a busting lot till their defence is tiring. Will GJ see it that way? I agree with you there.

If only we could put a player up front that had, say, finished joint top goalscorer in the premiership only a few years ago and top goalscorer for his club that was promoted to the premiership only last year.... Pipe dreams- we're never going to find somebody like that!!!!

Archived