IGNORED

New Striker

atyeoboy17

Have heard from a very good source in the tunnel today, that the new striker will be the man Reddy from Grimsby.

Has all gone a bit quiet on the Jevons front, so I reckon the two permanent bids are for Reddy and Hayter, with a loanee like Lisbie arriving alongside one of those two. This is likely to mean Stewart will be off over the next three days as well, probably a late loan move on Tuesday.

GJ said he had a loannee for Monday unless he changes his mind over the weekend, which he doubted. Said he had spoken to him and he was a "good-un" (alluding to the Easter decision).

At no point did he say his position, so presumably he could still be a left sided midfield player. or perhaps cover at right back, if Smith goes.

Guest alex1089

He also said there are some bids on the table and that he will be on the phone all weekend trying to tie up some deals. Someone thing could happen on sunday night/monday morning.

My choice would be Jevons, don't know much about Reddy, but his scoring stats are not that exciting.

I would like to see Lloyd Dyer in, he sounds a good player, on the left, what we need.

So Dyer and Reddy.

I would be very surprised if we were to land Lisbie, the guy is a quality striker.

Also heard today that Fulham were about to come in with a substantial offer for Cotterill.

Imagine all the crying girlies should this happen, and he leave :laugh:

My choice would be Jevons, don't know much about Reddy, but his scoring stats are not that exciting.

I would like to see Lloyd Dyer in, he sounds a good player, on the left, what we need.

So Dyer and Reddy.

I would be very surprised if we were to land Lisbie, the guy is a quality striker.

Also heard today that Fulham were about to come in with a substantial offer for Cotterill.

Imagine all the crying girlies should this happen, and he leave :laugh:

Dyer has joined Millwall

Guest alex1089

I am convinced it will be Wayne Andrews. He is quick, strong, wins balls in the air and has an eye for goal, he also has played at this level before and we'd bebale to give him the wages that he wants. Also GJ has admitted intrest in Wayne in the past.

He is also a very hard worker.

Post on a Crystal Palace forum yesterday!

"Iain Dowie has insisted that he wants to keep hold of striker Wayne Andrews, as he sees him a great Palace player with a good future at the club.

Wayne Andrews is out of contract at the end of the season and is attracting intrest from many clubs, but Dowie insistes that he wants to keep hold of his speedy striker."

don't think they want to let him go!

It also states on the forum that QPR are intersted in the pacy striker, and is on the top of Holloway's transfer list!

I'm told by a Palace fan i work with, andrews may well go, as he is about fourth choice, and is vey unlikely to feature in league games, which maybe why he played today, to rest some of those above him in the pecking order. says hes a good player who could do a job for us.

Archived