IGNORED

Alex Russell

Port Said Red

I have still to be completely won over by Russell and he did start slowly again today. But when Noble picked up injury he started to get more into it, and when he was taken off he really took over the role that Noble has been playing lately.

It was almost as if he was stepping out of his shadow and a few more performances like that and he will win me over completely.

Guest alex1089

He controlled the game IMO, he was EVERYWHERE he passed, tackled and showed 100% commitment, Russell is up to his best IMO.

I was a bit iffy when Skuse came on but credit to the lad he had a good game.

I agree folks, Russell was absolutely superb yesterday and was my man of the match- I think Carey got it because he scored............................

I think the really good thing was all 11/12 players contributed to the performance and played out of their skins. Shame about Noble getting injured but Cole Skuse got stuck in and won some tackles.

As for Gary Johnson, a manager that shows that sort of passion with the supporters will be very popular down at Ashton Gate- it is something we have missed for a long time.

I have still to be completely won over by Russell and he did start slowly again today. But when Noble picked up injury he started to get more into it, and when he was taken off he really took over the role that Noble has been playing lately.

It was almost as if he was stepping out of his shadow and a few more performances like that and he will win me over completely.

Nothing against Lou Carey because he's back to playing consistently good football for us but Russell was my pick for MOTM yesterday.

Archived