IGNORED

A New Name

Dastardly and Muttley

Have heard that the new striker joining on Monday will be James Walker on loan from Charlton.

Described as a "strong striker", he has England youth experience, but is yet to make a first team start for Charlton.

Here's his Charlton profile: James Walker profile

Well i hope your wrong, we don't need loan players that might not get a contract , we need contracted players who want to play for us. or is this SL way of getting out of buying?

Guest The Codfather 0312

So someone has just put two and two together and come up with 5 here. Just because we have loaned players from Charlton before doesn't mean we will again. They wasn't the best of players were they?

Well i hope your wrong, we don't need loan players that might not get a contract , we need contracted players who want to play for us. or is this SL way of getting out of buying?

Disagree. A loan or two now, would make everyone happy. First team experience, chance to shine, chance to gain a move somewhere. Contracted players at mo cost loads becuase of the transfer window situation. Keep yer £ in yer pocket till summer, when there will again be loads of free trandsfers available.

I think we may still buy 1 and loan 1/2 before Tues deadline.

Have heard that the new striker joining on Monday will be James Walker on loan from Charlton.

Described as a "strong striker", he has England youth experience, but is yet to make a first team start for Charlton.

Here's his Charlton profile: James Walker profile

I think your wrong, he joined hartlepool on loan at the start of jan' i think he's still there.

Disagree. A loan or two now, would make everyone happy. First team experience, chance to shine, chance to gain a move somewhere. Contracted players at mo cost loads becuase of the transfer window situation. Keep yer £ in yer pocket till summer, when there will again be loads of free trandsfers available.

I think we may still buy 1 and loan 1/2 before Tues deadline.

Generally, I agree with you. If we thinbk we've got enough to stay up, we should wheel and deal and loan until the summer when they are better deals on offer. If James Walker has got a bit of pace and quality, he might be just what we need to come off the bench and start the odd game.

We only buy IF we get the RIGHT player at the RIGHT price.

From the recent results and comments is it reasonable to consider that the current (currant) squad has the ability to challange and beat the league 1 leaders? Maybe Pounds could be better spent on more intense coaching of our current squad ?

Archived