IGNORED

Soccer Sunday 20 Mins Highlights

city1uk

Just watched the ITV Wales excellent Soccer Sunday. In addition to 20 minutes (yes 20 minutes) City v Swansea they showed all goals from Div 1.

Why can't we show something similar?

Points to note from the highlights:

Cotterill and Murrays missed were bad

Tackle on Woodman was two footed and definite straight red

Orr did appear to head butt

Jackett sais Swansea missed out on "the big decisions" and bad marking for the goal. (there's a surprise).

HTV - are you watching? Pitman out - Soccer Sunday in! PLease!!

HTV West should hang their heads in shame and look at how our locals teams should be covered, sunday afternoons, 20 mins of whoever is at home.

ITV West would love to bring back Soccer Sunday, but the network wont allow it. Wales and Scotland are allowed to screen more regional programmes than the English regions, which is why Wales can have a Sunday programme.

The only reason 20mins of highlights were shown was because Cardiff and Wrexham didn't have a game.

I actually thought the programme was poorly put together. I couldn't get a feel of the game because they decided to show every booking, which interupted the flow of the game. Also, the ball had just gone out for our corner but then in the next shot, Basso had the ball in his hand at the other end. Bad editing! And finally, they spelt Swansea incorrectly on one of the captions!

I haven't seen the highlights but Williams should have been sent off first half for that 2 footed horror tackle from behind on Orr.

Orr without a doubt head-butted Williams and should've gone for that. Both players did shake hands when they left the pitch at half time.

It was a definite handball by City player first half and Swans should've had a stone-wall penalty.

That said, Swansea's discipline was abysmal throughout and we thoroughly deserved all 3 points - my only gripe being that we didn't win by 2/3 goals which would have been a fairer reflection.

I haven't seen the highlights but Williams should have been sent off first half for that 2 footed horror tackle from behind on Orr.

Orr without a doubt head-butted Williams and should've gone for that. Both players did shake hands when they left the pitch at half time.

It was a definite handball by City player first half and Swans should've had a stone-wall penalty.

That said, Swansea's discipline was abysmal throughout and we thoroughly deserved all 3 points - my only gripe being that we didn't win by 2/3 goals which would have been a fairer reflection.

I didn't think Orr headbutted him from what I saw live - it looked like he stood up quickly to face up to his aggressor but caught Williams as he hadn't stood up yet.

I didn't think Orr headbutted him from what I saw live - it looked like he stood up quickly to face up to his aggressor but caught Williams as he hadn't stood up yet.

I was 10 metres away and it was a head butt which had the referee seen, Orr would have gone.

Felt like old times watching soccer sunday. Can't see why we can't have something similar here. Still at least we have all the ITV regions set up on sky now - thanks for that.

I can't understand why the Swans came to kick and not play. They have the quality but not attitude. Reckon they are like the old City, full of wasters signing for the money and not willing to put boot in when matters.

I thought Orr was lucky to stay on pitch at time, should definately gone. Jackett's comments re trip and sending off were laughable, wished I could have seen something from Johnson to match.

Archived