IGNORED

2 Companys, No Forum,steve L Forum Gone

leadman

I think you will find that AG is worth much more than our current debt.

BCAGFC

Correct, according to the last accounts our assetts exceed liabilities by £3m. That did not include revenue from the sale of Lita, or other transfers.

It's also worth noting that the valuation of Ashton Gate is probably many years old and could be significantly more now.

Nibor

ashton gate and bristol city fc now 2 differant companys.

steve ls forum closed down.

city distancing themselves from the official fans forum.

what is going down, i rekon a bad news story about to break.

I'm worried.

Just a thought but isn't an important part of PR trying to control the media and public opinion?

If you fear bad news is around the corner don't you think the club would want more control over this forum rather than less?

Guest number14

Just a thought but isn't an important part of PR trying to control the media and public opinion?

If you fear bad news is around the corner don't you think the club would want more control over this forum rather than less?

They'd probably try and deflect the glare by claiming that they were going to sign a load of players 'in January'.

Knock yourself out with this conspiracy generator

My effort:

"In order to understand fan power you need to realize that everything is controlled by a the supporters trust made up of the east end massive with help from the Bristol City board.

The conspiracy first started during the dropping of the first atomic bomb in Ashton Gate. They have been responsible for many events throughout history, including the shooting of JFK.

Today, members of the conspiracy are everywhere. They can be identified by nose-picking.

They want to kick forum whiners and imprison resisters in the Memorial Stadium using shackles.

In order to prepare for this, we all must decide. Since the media is controlled by Steve Lansdown we should get our information from Scott Davidson."

Oh go on then:

In order to understand Bristol City and Bristol Rovers merger you need to realize that everything is controlled by a Bristol City Council made up of Sadsags with help from Avon & Somerset Police.

The conspiracy first started during Bristol Riots in the Wedlocks. They have been responsible for many events throughout history, including City beating Liverpool.

Today, members of the conspiracy are everywhere. They can be identified by picking fartleberries.

They want to bitch slap the prawn sandwich brigade and imprison resisters in Jade Goodies bum cleavage using camels.

In order to prepare for this, we all must breakdance. Since the media is controlled by greenpeace we should get our information from Sir Lord Colin Sexless.

Guest ashtonyate

When we went bankrupt in 1982 the value of the ground came up if you value it as a football ground prehap 6 mil may be right, but apart from the rurby no one is going to buy a football ground.

If a building company were going to build house or what ever you would have to dismantel the old ground which would cost a lot of money so the value would be a lot less that 6 mil.

When we went bankrupt in 1982 the value of the ground came up if you value it as a football ground prehap 6 mil may be right, but apart from the rurby no one is going to buy a football ground.

If a building company were going to build house or what ever you would have to dismantel the old ground which would cost a lot of money so the value would be a lot less that 6 mil.

Not when you consider how much profit there could be in a block of flats built there.

The value is going to be significantly higher than the last valuation.

Nibor

Not when you consider how much profit there could be in a block of flats built there.

Nibor

ashton gate is worth a lot more for devlopment than it is as a football ground, I don't see 6m as a bad valuation.

It wont happen of course, unless we get somebody other than Mr L.

Guest ashtonyate

Nibor

When the recevers valued the ground in 1982 they came up with a value that really shocked people, i think it was 1 million but i cant be sure it was a long time ago but it was a lot less than we were thinking.

When the recevers valued the ground in 1982 they came up with a value that really shocked people, i think it was 1 million but i cant be sure it was a long time ago but it was a lot less than we were thinking.

Yes but somehow I don't think that a 1 bedroom flat in Ashton would have sold for over a hundred grand 25 years ago. They will now, by the dozen.

A development company looking to knock down the stadium and build say 3 blocks of flats, an office block and some shops there would be looking at 8 figure profits quite easily.

Nibor

Guest ashtonyate

Yes but somehow I don't think that a 1 bedroom flat in Ashton would have sold for over a hundred grand 25 years ago. They will now, by the dozen.

A development company looking to knock down the stadium and build say 3 blocks of flats, an office block and some shops there would be looking at 8 figure profits quite easily.

Nibor

but would you want you flat over looking P C world Hireright or kentuckey chicken

but would you want you flat over looking P C world Hireright or kentuckey chicken

Hey people have houses in known floodplains, and by Buncefield, why note the Gate? Desirable city Bristol, quality of life and all that............

Or Ashton Park?

People care much more about location than they do the view. Bedminster is thriving, and these days a pretty desirable place to live since it's walking distance from the town centre. The values of property there are shooting up massively.

If a developer was able to buy the ground, get the land re-zoned and demolish it then they'd have no hesitation whatsoever in doing so and they'd make massive money.

I would hazard a guess that if Bristol City Council were able to remove their fingers from their collective arse and find us a site slightly further out of town to build a new stadium, we might well find that we'd pay for it completely and more by selling Ashton Gate.

Nibor

Guest ashtonyate

Or Ashton Park?

People care much more about location than they do the view. Bedminster is thriving, and these days a pretty desirable place to live since it's walking distance from the town centre. The values of property there are shooting up massively.

If a developer was able to buy the ground, get the land re-zoned and demolish it then they'd have no hesitation whatsoever in doing so and they'd make massive money.

I would hazard a guess that if Bristol City Council were able to remove their fingers from their collective arse and find us a site slightly further out of town to build a new stadium, we might well find that we'd pay for it completely and more by selling Ashton Gate.

Nibor

We cant afford a side in the third so no chance of a new ground.Most of the other sides that have had new grounds are finding in hard to pay off the debt and keep a side in the prem we got no chance.

We cant afford a side in the third so no chance of a new ground.Most of the other sides that have had new grounds are finding in hard to pay off the debt and keep a side in the prem we got no chance.

I'm not suggesting we should, I'm just pointing out that the land AG is on is worth a great deal more than it was in 1982.

Nibor

Guest ashtonyate

I'm not suggesting we should, I'm just pointing out that the land AG is on is worth a great deal more than it was in 1982.

Nibor

Lets hope we never have to find out?

Archived