IGNORED

Fao Bensolo

bristolborn_and_red

This was a truly fascinating video, and Gave some interesting examples of stage managed conflict. I have heard of similar experiences for other journalists in the Occupied Territories, and of tour bus owners who telephone associates to find out where to avoid such stage managed conflicts.

This is not to say that the Palestinians have not had a tough time in their own land during the past half century or so; however, there are signs of hope, and good things which are happening to bring together Jewish and Palestinian communities in trust an co-operation. Unfortunately these things aren't the kind of things that news editors wish to show as they're not "exciting" enough.

:laugh:

Great vid mate... Thanks...

BUT (you knew it was coming! :) )

If your trying to convince me that the mainstream media is in the business of manipulation and is primarily bullcarp then your preaching to the converted.

or

If your trying to convince me that the palestinians are using the ancient art of propoganda in very inventive ways then mission accomplished mate! Being married to a lebanese I'm aware of what the Palestinians are capable of (check the history of the war in Lebanon to know what I mean) but I wasn't aware that it was to this extent.

or

If your trying to convince me that the Palestinians are not brutally oppressed then your talking to someone who works with people in the UN and with actual Palestinians every single day and hears first hand accounts of brutality quite often.

My wife is also from South Lebanon and was shot by an Israeli sniper (in the ass cheek! Not supposed to be funny but.... :laugh: )

I think this vid just shows the Palestinians using the 'system' to garner increased support to their cause albiet it in a very manipulative and frankly pretty ridiculous way.

Again, very interesting vid BUT by using a few examples of staged conflict they seem to be suggesting that there is no oppression in Palestine or at least that its 'not that bad', whereas in fact you could say that the palestinians are just using the news media to empasize some of the things that go on when there are no news media there to see it, and to stop the world 'forgetting' them (hard to say whether doing it in this way does more harm than good though!)

There is plenty of footage available of 'real' shootings and the oppression of that country is not only limited to physical violence anyway.

Great vid though... thanks...

A few links below for you... Pretty sure that 'Pallywood' isn't involved here

US Activist Shot in the face

UK Activist Killed

Shebab - Life in the promised land

Another really good vid but too big to upload (70MB) can be found on archive.org called 'The Right to Protest'... Interesting because it shows Israeli soliders shooting at Israeli peace activists + plus the aftermath. Nicely put together too.

I'll pm you another link to a video clip from Al Manar (Arab TV Station). It's in a cheesy propoganda style but shows some of the human tragedy that is the Palestinian/Israeli struggle. Very realistic though (pretty brutal imagery) so didn't want to post it here.

:laugh:

Great vid mate... Thanks...

BUT (you knew it was coming! :) )

If your trying to convince me that the mainstream media is in the business of manipulation and is primarily bullcarp then your preaching to the converted.

or

If your trying to convince me that the palestinians are using the ancient art of propoganda in very inventive ways then mission accomplished mate! Being married to a lebanese I'm aware of what the Palestinians are capable of (check the history of the war in Lebanon to know what I mean) but I wasn't aware that it was to this extent.

or

If your trying to convince me that the Palestinians are not brutally oppressed then your talking to someone who works with people in the UN and with actual Palestinians every single day and hears first hand accounts of brutality quite often.

My wife is also from South Lebanon and was shot by an Israeli sniper (in the ass cheek! Not supposed to be funny but.... :laugh: )

I think this vid just shows the Palestinians using the 'system' to garner increased support to their cause albiet it in a very manipulative and frankly pretty ridiculous way.

Again, very interesting vid BUT by using a few examples of staged conflict they seem to be suggesting that there is no oppression in Palestine or at least that its 'not that bad', whereas in fact you could say that the palestinians are just using the news media to empasize some of the things that go on when there are no news media there to see it, and to stop the world 'forgetting' them (hard to say whether doing it in this way does more harm than good though!)

There is plenty of footage available of 'real' shootings and the oppression of that country is not only limited to physical violence anyway.

Great vid though... thanks...

A few links below for you... Pretty sure that 'Pallywood' isn't involved here

US Activist Shot in the face

UK Activist Killed

Shebab - Life in the promised land

Another really good vid but too big to upload (70MB) can be found on archive.org called 'The Right to Protest'... Interesting because it shows Israeli soliders shooting at Israeli peace activists + plus the aftermath. Nicely put together too.

I'll pm you another link to a video clip from Al Manar (Arab TV Station). It's in a cheesy propoganda style but shows some of the human tragedy that is the Palestinian/Israeli struggle. Very realistic though (pretty brutal imagery) so didn't want to post it here.

Expected answer from you Ben but what the heck.

How do you know the vids you posted are not stage- managed (haven't much time so must confess 9 i haven't looked at them yet!)

Still, with Hamas now in charge these operas would now be deemed as unislamic. :dunno:

Get back to you later when i have more time

Expected answer from you Ben but what the heck.

How do you know the vids you posted are not stage- managed (haven't much time so must confess 9 i haven't looked at them yet!)

Still, with Hamas now in charge these operas would now be deemed as unislamic. :dunno:

Get back to you later when i have more time

What do you mean expected answer? I thought I'd met you half way on this one dude! :cool:

I didn't excuse what there doing but can understand why there doing it. If you know any palestinians who will tell you "oh, it's not that bad!" then I'll concede this arguement right now. Thing is though, I DO know many palestinians, and they tell me thats it's very, very bad, so not a case of believing the mainstream media but more a case of believing them.

I could still be wrong and I'm open to that possibility but I honestly don't think so.

Are you suggesting that the Israeli's stage managed a video of themselves shooting there own people? Or perhaps the American shot in the face did it on purpose to get some publicity? Perhaps the women running from tanks are on cue?

I hope your not suggesting that the scar on my wifes butt cheek is a fake as well? :wub:

Unfortunately, with Hamas in charge they probably won't need to stage manage much anymore so wouldn't worry about that anyway. :(

Check the vids and I'll catch you later mate...

Archived