IGNORED

Supporting Bristol City

atyeoboy17

Supporting this football club is a headbanging affair, how many of you were looking forward to January, with the introduction of the transfer window, and the promise of new players to build a team capable of promotion, if not this season, then next.

Approximately £1.7 million was brought into the club by Tinman, for players released last summer, so i anticipated that some of this money would be made available to sign some players. Fat chance.

All we have brought in are 3 players on loan, and no permanent signings.

Ok, these 3 players may become good additions to the team, but what was really needed was a prolific goalscorer.

I still believe this to be a good squad, but two things worry me.

What if we pick up injuries,( as we know, Brooker gets plenty of them ), who is to replace them, and secondly, our rivals have all picked up decent strikers.

We may regret not signing a striker come May, but was this Johnsons choice, or was it down to Lansdown not giving him any money.

Why since Archie Gooch passed away, has no new directors been brought into the club, which should bring an influx of money with them.

I also notice all is quiet on the new stand front, will it ever happen ?, i doubt it.

And finally, what does Colin Sexton do at this club ?, speak to any Gloucester cricket fans, and they say that he almost ruined their club.

I wouldnt mind seeing how much he earns, and what he does to earn it.

Maybe Sexton and Lansdown are the Dunfords in Disguise, and keeping all the money in their pockets.

Maybe they don't want promotion, because they realise they would have to spend heavily to keep us in the championship.

MMMM Haven't read the whole piece but would love some of the success that Sexstone helped oversee while at Glos- how many finals, International cricket at the County Ground all a complete disaster I'm sure! Probably being Chairman would qaualify more as a job for banging one's head against the wall with some of the tosh on here!

MMMM Haven't read the whole piece but would love some of the success that Sexstone helped oversee while at Glos- how many finals, International cricket at the County Ground all a complete disaster I'm sure! Probably being Chairman would qaualify more as a job for banging one's head against the wall with some of the tosh on here!

They reckon he very nearly financially ruined them though

MMMM Haven't read the whole piece but would love some of the success that Sexstone helped oversee while at Glos- how many finals, International cricket at the County Ground all a complete disaster I'm sure

I know a fair few G.C.C.C. members, and to a man they all despised mr sexton. Not one has a good word to say about him and even a sadsag said he felt sorry for us when he came to CITY!! The evening post letters section regularly had letters complaining about him at GLOS as well!!

The complaints were always similar to the accusations about him at the GATE, arrogant and no understanding of the ordinary fan.

As for the club spending on players, we can't, we are nearly insolvent so until the debt is reduced get used to it!!!

Guest alex1089

Thats why we bidded 300k for Hayter and 300k for Reddy then isit? Maybe not at the same time but we have bidded massive money for two player with one OOC at the seasons end. Always whinging about Lansdown some of our fans and people seem to forget that he has continuously pumped massive bucks for this division into the playing squad, yes he has sold players but again at decent prices and he does deserve to use some to pay of our 7MILLION pounds debt that this club is in! Lansdown is backing GJ the best he can and GJ knows that and has said he has been happy with the backing he has recieved. the way we have been playing latly has been enjoyable and let it stay that way by coming along and supporting the club.

Archived