IGNORED

Aims Of The Supporters Trust

potbelly

Points in Bold taken from their website.

Aims of the Supporters Trust:

1.Represent the fans in dialogue with the Club

Don't the FCF already do that? Are you saying they're doing a bad job?

2.Raise significant funds to help bring success to the Club

Isn't the Supporters' Club meant to do that? Are you saying they're doing a bad job?

3.Help the Club position itself as a hub of the community

Don't Tommy Hutchinson and his team already do that? Are you saying they're doing a bad job?

4. Encourage through its activities increased support for the Club

What, quid a kid, free tickets for schools etc? Doesn't the club's commercial department already do that? Are you saying they're doing a bad job?

5. Position the fans as stakeholders in the Club

Aren't a large number of fans already positioned as stakeholders in the Club?

I am struggling to see what you are bringing to the table.

Guest The Codfather 0312

Why have alot of people got a problem with the ST, They are there to do good things and to give fans' a voice in things. The people that are now mods had the balls to stand up and get it off the ground, I suppose you were one of the people that said it would never work from the start.

Just to add, the people behind the Trust don't need slagging off, they don't need sarcasm, they need support. If you don't support it - don't support it, but do it in silence, because it sounds like a whinge for a whinger's sake to me.

I totally agree with you and thank you very much for your comments, the website for one has taken up a lot of time and although it hasn't been widely critisised I feel very hurt by some of the things said not only about the ST but descending into personal insults on this forum lately. Don't forget the trust are a charity, here to try to benefit the BCFC fans and a HELL of a lot of work has gone into running it already.

Just to add, the people behind the Trust don't need slagging off, they don't need sarcasm, they need support. If you don't support it - don't support it, but do it in silence, because it sounds like a whinge for a whinger's sake to me.

Well said Cynic. I havent been involved with the Supporters Trust but did help put on the Open Night. The guys and girls put in a tremendous effort in setting up the trust and will continue to make the trust a success but its a long road ahead. Yes mistakes have been made with the forum but we all need to be united together not against each other. We are all city fans and we all want the same thing success.

Perhaps all those that arent happy with the trust would like to speak about it over a drink at the next home game. Best to talk like adults than get in a confrontation on a pc. I always find comstructive critisism a good thing its made me a better person to work with. Good luck guys with the trust and the mods on the forum. Youve had a tough few days but things will get better.

LEts not forget UP the City!!!!!! :city::city:

At last some common sense.

I am a member of the working party that is currently running the ST. What I have read on this and other forums today, at times, beggars belief.

Most of the criticism of the ST appears to come from people who appear to have problems with some members of the working party. I am not sure if this is down to poor perception or just plain jealousy of people who rather that sitting behind their keyboards moaning about anything and everything to do with Bristol City, have the nous and are actually prepared to get off their backsides and do something for the club and its fans.

Every thing that the ST does and has done is open and above board. Every meeting is open to all to attend. If you have a point to make please feel free to come to the next meeting. You will get a warm welcome. I live in East Bristol and will happily give anyone from that side of town a lift if necessary.

A lot of people who have said they will come to meetings to discuss certain issues have either declined to attend or failed to turn up. Most of those people are the ones who now appear to have a problem with the ST.

I get the impression, again from reading comments on this and other forums, that a lot of people want to see the ST fail. Heres a challenge for those folks. Lets see you do something constructive for the club that you claim to love till you die. If you are not willing or able to do this then please lay off those who are trying to do something positve.

Archived