IGNORED

Lansdown In

The Fat Controller

I for one am fed up of the abuse of one of the few men involved in Bristol City Football CLub who is more than 100% committed to the cause. This is the guy, who spends his own money trying to get Bristol City as far up the league ladder as possible, is a committed supporter, yet has to sit through mindless abuse from so called fans who think Roman Abramovich's wealthier brother will be knocking on our door.

To those people, get real.

Okay, i'll accept that some decisions made by the chairman, with hindsight have not ben spot on, but that could be said about anyone with the use of hindsight.

How about we all start supporting this club from top to bottom, right from the board downto Bas Savage and his merry men.

Put your handbags away, and get behind the club. :city:

I'm with you browner_11, there isn't exactly a queue of people lining up to take over from him, and his board, er of two!

People have short memories, Landsdown backed Danny Wilson to the hilt with big money signings and an entourage of psychologists, only to see us put out a limpo display in the play off final. if Wilson would have shown more balls, and the rest of the team would have shown up that May day across the bridge, he would be a hero. :violin:

Football is all about ifs and buts, and certainly it is true with city. (Lee Miller in the 95th min at swindon anyone?) However no-one can make all the right decisions all the time. Tinnion, in hindsight, was a mistake. Sacking Wilson was not. We are still paying for that mistake, but i believe we have a great manager in Johnson, and good times aren't far away.

Landsdown had his chq book out again in Jan, if we could find any takers.

City forever. :city:

I'm with you browner_11, there isn't exactly a queue of people lining up to take over from him, and his board, er of two!

People have short memories, Landsdown backed Danny Wilson to the hilt with big money signings and an entourage of psychologists, only to see us put out a limpo display in the play off final. if Wilson would have shown more balls, and the rest of the team would have shown up that May day across the bridge, he would be a hero. :violin:

Football is all about ifs and buts, and certainly it is true with city. (Lee Miller in the 95th min at swindon anyone?) However no-one can make all the right decisions all the time. Tinnion, in hindsight, was a mistake. Sacking Wilson was not. We are still paying for that mistake, but i believe we have a great manager in Johnson, and good times aren't far away.

Landsdown had his chq book out again in Jan, if we could find any takers.

City forever. :city:

I agree people don't always agree with SL, but he has always put his money in his pocket for the good of the club and he DOES have BCFC at heart. Not many chairman are like that, he's not out to make a quick buck, he wants the best for the club.

He doesn't pick the team and yes I agree DW made mistakes at the play off final and we are still suffering from those mistakes, but i also feel we have a great manager, who has had his knockers and doubters, but I feel we are on the up once more, already looking forward to next season.

Guest Bradley Orrs No1 Fan

Thats intelligent, well done. Gold Star for you.

Why thank you, kind sir!

And for my next trick I shall attempt to present a cast-iron defence of Steve Lansdown's running of this club...

Oh wait, I can't, because that would be impossible! :doh:

Why thank you, kind sir!

And for my next trick I shall attempt to present a cast-iron defence of Steve Lansdown's running of this club...

Oh wait, I can't, because that would be impossible! :doh:

No, indeed, if you read my original post ive admitted that with hindsight we can all see that some mistakes have been made, Sl is only human remember, however, he HAS done a good job.

If you can find someone suitable and with the finances and the ambition to replace him, I'm all ears, I'm sure SL will be too,

Oh, wait, you can't, because that would be impossible! :doh:

No, indeed, if you read my original post ive admitted that with hindsight we can all see that some mistakes have been made, Sl is only human remember, however, he HAS done a good job.

If you can find someone suitable and with the finances and the ambition to replace him, I'm all ears, I'm sure SL will be too,

Oh, wait, you can't, because that would be impossible! :doh:

Not with hindsight because many said that Tinnion was a mistake the day Lansdown appointed him. It's Lansdown fault we're here, he runs the club and he is responsible for the failings of the past however many years (I've lost count, just like I've lost count of the number of mistakes he's made). How can you say he's done a good job? 3rd placed finishes under Wilson to a relegation battle within 18 months? Lansdown is responsible for that because he appointed Tinnion. If that's a good job, I dread to think where we'd be had he done a bad job!

He does have the good of the club at heart, but that just makes his decision-making all the more worrying. If he didn't have the good of the club at heart you could make a case for him trying to sabatage the club when you look at how badly he's got things wrong over the years. As it is, he's just a very bad decision-maker who happens to run the club he supports!

Not with hindsight because many said that Tinnion was a mistake the day Lansdown appointed him. It's Lansdown fault we're here, he runs the club and he is responsible for the failings of the past however many years (I've lost count, just like I've lost count of the number of mistakes he's made). How can you say he's done a good job? 3rd placed finishes under Wilson to a relegation battle within 18 months? Lansdown is responsible for that because he appointed Tinnion. If that's a good job, I dread to think where we'd be had he done a bad job!

He does have the good of the club at heart, but that just makes his decision-making all the more worrying. If he didn't have the good of the club at heart you could make a case for him trying to sabatage the club when you look at how badly he's got things wrong over the years. As it is, he's just a very bad decision-maker who happens to run the club he supports!

So all of the blame lies with Lansdown?

Surely Wilson after the playoff final debacle,

Tinnion during his second year, with particular regard to man management

The players

Johnson has to take some as well, i mean, 9 games in a row?

Of course Lansdown has to take some of the balme, however, what if he hadnt sacked Wilson, and our performances had got worse, would you have been happy then? What if we had sneaked into the playoffs in Tinnion's first year? Would you have been happy then? Granted, this is all speculation, but Lansdown has to take risks in order to try and get us Up and out of this division, after all, no manager is guaranteed success.

With regard to your first paragraph, were you one of those who criticised the appointment of Tinnion? If so, were you or were you not impressed by the squad (on paper) that we had at the start of this season.

So all of the blame lies with Lansdown?

Surely Wilson after the playoff final debacle,

Tinnion during his second year, with particular regard to man management

The players

Johnson has to take some as well, i mean, 9 games in a row?

Of course Lansdown has to take some of the balme, however, what if he hadnt sacked Wilson, and our performances had got worse, would you have been happy then? What if we had sneaked into the playoffs in Tinnion's first year? Would you have been happy then? Granted, this is all speculation, but Lansdown has to take risks in order to try and get us Up and out of this division, after all, no manager is guaranteed success.

With regard to your first paragraph, were you one of those who criticised the appointment of Tinnion? If so, were you or were you not impressed by the squad (on paper) that we had at the start of this season.

Everyone takes a portion of the blame, but as chairman the buck has to stop with Lansdown. That's the way it works and it means he is accountable for the mess we find ourselves in.

Appointing Tinnion wasn't a 'risk', it was suicide. I said from the day he was appointed it was a mistake. Anyone with an ounce of sense would have thought the same. Sack a manager who was a point away from promotion and replace him with some bloke who had no managerial experience whatsoever. Yeah, that Lansdown's a genius, isn't he? :doh:

The only ones who supported Tinnion were the happy-clappers who wouldn't bat an eyelid if Lansdown appointed Saddam Hussain and those who couldn't find in within themselves to admit a 'legend' was ruining the club. Oh and Lansdown, of course, who just sat back for 18 months watching the disaster (of his own making) unravell in front of him.

I was not impressed with the squad during the summer, only the signing of Stewart and that was not a Tinnion signing. Our best players were sold (Lita, Coles, Doherty) and replaced with inferior free transfers. How anybody found that 'impressive' is beyond me. So no, I ain't jumped on any bandwagon if that's what you're suggesting.

Guest alex1089

Lansdown IN, The man has city at heart and has ALWAYS backed his manager with hard cash and spent big when we have needed to. Yes blame lyes with Lansdow bu blame also lyes with players and managers also. Tinnion maybe wasn't the best option but he has made up for that mistake by appointing a very very capable and highly rated manager in Gary Johnson and he will I am sure of it, take this club forward and get us up these leagues and PROGRESS.

Archived