IGNORED

Shooters Vs Sedatives

RedUn

This morning's Times (p36) has a chart of (total) shots per game against the %age of shots that go in, for the Premiership of course. They then split it into four quadrants labelled Stellars, Strikers, Shooters and Sedatives.

The averages are very similar to that of Div 2 and the closest fit to City are the "Shooters" of Liverpool (high shot count, low %age success). Meanwhile we have made our opponents so much like "Sedatives" (low shot count, low %age success) as to be nearly off the scale!

This has been the pattern all season, i.e. the quality of our own shooting has held us back, not the quantity. Thankfully it has been improving of late.

What I originally wrote in the Topic Description was F ink Tank, not think Tank. Some time ago I posted something about the academy teams which came out you 17s and you 19s.

I assume this is down to some script that seeks to translate text speak into English - if so, it needs optimising for context please guys because it also seems quite capable of turning English into rubbish!

Archived