IGNORED

Micheal Bridges

Godzilla

http://www.carlisleunited.premiumtv.co.uk/...1~30941,00.html

Today's match report of Carlisle's drubbing of Chester. Needless to say, not only did he score, but he was instrumental in almost everything positive about the home sides play...

The highlights of Bridges' afternoon;

The dominance of the opening spell was finally rewarded with a goal, created by the brilliance of Micheal Brdiges. His trickery opened an avenue for a cross that Derek Holmes was able to glance on towards Adam Murray...

The same player almost registered the second goal of the afternoon in the 22nd minute when he raced onto the end product of more good work from Bridges.

Micheal Bridges spotted Gillet off his line in the 26th minute and almost surprised everyone with a long range lob that had the goalkeeper scrambling.

The lead was to be doubled though when Micheal Bridges scored his 8th of the season in the next attack with some utterly magnificent individual play. His first touch from a raking midfield ball took him away from the close attentions of his markers and into the box. Steadying himeself he was able to tuck an unstoppable left foot drive beyond Gillet and into the bottom of the net.

The afternoon was to become even more enjoyable in the 64th minute when the forward trio combined to prise open the Chester back line. Bridges crossed it for Holmes to flick on and Karl Hawley found himself with just Gillet in between him and his 19th of the season.

Bridges caused havoc with another surging run in the 65th minute that concluded with a teasing cross that required desperate clearances from two of the Chester covering players.

The introduction of the local lad saw him getting right in amongst the action as soon as he hit the pitch and was inches away from converting a wicked Bridges cross after some wonderful skill from the constantly dangerous front man.

The general feeling amongst City fans is we need more quality in the final third. A striker with a natural ability to create for others as well as finish. Some want Hayter, others want Reddy. We've made failed bids for both. But let's face it, with 7 in 11 starts, we've already let one of the biggest talents to don a Bristol City shirt in the last decade to slip through our fingers.

You're probably right and I'd much rather have given Bridges an extended run in the team over Stewart.

However, he never really looked at the races for us and that was at reserve and first-team level.

7 in 11 starts is good, it's at League 2 level though.

As i have read otherwhere on this board. Johnson is determined to create a team of lower league players with a hard work ethic. Therefor he is slicing away at the "talent" we did have here and creating in his words "his own team" Whether or not this works for us will remain to be seen.

But yes, letting Bridges go was stupid, very stupid! Welcome Bas and Andrews. mmmmm Stewart and Bridges or Savage and Andrews........ i think we have a answer of the things to come from Mr Johnson.

You're probably right and I'd much rather have given Bridges an extended run in the team over Stewart.

However, he never really looked at the races for us and that was at reserve and first-team level.

If that was kept up he would score 30 over the season and I'm sure alot of higher league clubs would be banging down the door. I wouldnt be suprised if at the end of this season Carlisle get some offers around 500k for him from clubs in our division or higher.

The ridiculous thing is, if you'd said to me 12 months ago that we were going to sign Micheal Bridges and Marcus Stewart and let both go without even giving them an extended run in the team (which, lets face, seems more than likely now), I would've laughed.

Not wrong there. Yet the glimpses that he did show promised a lot more than he was allowed to display at first team level. It would have been interesting to see how he would've performed with a run of games in Gary Johnsons team next to Brooker.

Though this is true, the likes of Parkin were playing in League 2 not so long ago and he's now at Hull and scoring goals. The biggest problem for him here was his lack of fitness, strength and bottle. Nobody is telling me that League 2 is less physical than League 1. I remember when Joe Burnell left for Wycombe, and he commented how much more physically demanding League 2 was because it was more direct and you'd have less time on the ball. In reality, the gap in class between the two divisions is not so great anymore, as proved by the teams that have come up and done so well. Bridges is scoring goals because he has an abundance of natural ability, and I honestly think with a run of games and match fitness, he's capable of doing so at the very top level.

Becuss of Mr Bridges is the reason i am not behind GJ 100%. I REALY REALY find it hard to see GJ getting us anywhere except into Leage 2.

Some of you will be amazed to hear me say that but it's true. I have always stood buy any manager Bristol City have employed eg Alan Dicks, Bob Houghton, Roy Hodgson, right through to Brian Tinnion but for some reason i cant find any good points about GJ to support him as a manager of Bristol City.

That does not mean i will not support Bristol City. :city::city::city::city:

Wake up!

GJ let Bridges go cos like me he saw an ex top flight, injury prone prima dona who would just about cut it in League 2. The only time he looked half decent for us was when we beat Exeter in pre-season.

don't tel me to wake up.

If i think GJ is incompetant in his job then i have a right to say so.

If anyone needs to wake up and smell the roses it's you for living in Yeovil. The only thing good for that place is dumping nuclear waste. :laugh:

Wake up!

GJ let Bridges go cos like me he saw an ex top flight, injury prone prima dona who would just about cut it in League 2. The only time he looked half decent for us was when we beat Exeter in pre-season.

How could he have seen this without playing him!

The real reason for not playing him was because he was a well known player as is Stewart & GJ only likes unknown players who he develops & then he can say "I brought him to the club, he is one of mine"

Lets see how Mr Bridges does next season if Carlisle are promoted, I for one believe that he will be just as good in Div 1.

Incidentally he is not a prima donna & never has been.

I had a massive problem with letting Bridges go.

Even when he was rubbish you could see he still had the talent and was desparately in need of a run of games.

Noble was given a run of games to get his proper fitness and look at his impact.

Perhaps a loan spell to someone to get him fit then bringing him back would've been the answer. Or just play him no matter if he scored or not.

Oh for god's sake.Bridges was next to useless the whole time he was here.

Exemplified by his early sitter miss in the televised game against Chesterfield i think.I played that pathetic miss back so many times on my video player,just to convince myself how bad it was.

He will not cut it above league 2-wait and see.Look at Yeovil romped to the league 2 title last year,this year relegation fodder.The two leagues really are completely different.

Bridges would also have been on a top wage,we did not get value for money ,so he went.Get over it.

Exemplified by his early sitter miss in the televised game against Chesterfield i think.I played that pathetic miss back so many times on my video player,just to convince myself how bad it was.

He will not cut it above league 2-wait and see.Look at Yeovil romped to the league 2 title last year,this year relegation fodder.The two leagues really are completely different.

Bridges would also have been on a top wage,we did not get value for money ,so he went.Get over it.

What about Swansea ? obviously rubbish as they have only ammased a mere 18 points more tha we have. Shows how cack that league is doesn't it. Didn't the rather woeful southend come up as well ? obviously a pile of crap.

No we didn't get value for money from Bridges because he wasn't given enough time to get himself fully match sharp, and build a partnership with Brooker, which my god we need desperately.

Bridges had undoubted class which he showed in flashes while nowhere near match sharpness, given time that would have gotten better and mabye we wouldn't be sat here with one player who if he doesn't play we seem to loose most hope of scoring a goal.

Funny this, when GJ signs 4th Division players they are classed as 'proven', but sell Bridges or Gilly and suddenly the gap in class is huge, and the old 'It's their level' line is trotted out. Well, if we stay up, we can see for ourselves next season how good Bridges is at 3rd Division level. I predict he will score more goals than Basil - Think I will get good odds on that?

GJ does not like Big Names, Bridges and Stewart are Big Names, so we have two inexperienced youngsters running around up front, trying very hard, but not effective. If Brooker gets an injury, get that AA planner ready for Accrington! And we won't have to worry about Big Names in the basement!!!

Trust me i'm over the fact Bridges has gone. It's you and everyone els had better get used to GJ bringing in young lads who fail at Charlton, Luton, ect who he hopes to try and make into stars for the future where Curbishley and Newell have failed.

So just what has Gary Johnson achieved in football??? Any trophys??? Sorry i forgot he got the Leage 2 trophy woopey dooooooo. Ho and I THINK!!! he won the FA Vase with Yeovil (Not sure though)

Where shall i start with Curbishley & Newell??

Trust me i'm over the fact Bridges has gone. It's you and everyone els had better get used to GJ bringing in young lads who fail at Charlton, Luton, ect who he hopes to try and make into stars for the future where Curbishley and Newell have failed.

So just what has Gary Johnson achieved in football??? Any trophys??? Sorry i forgot he got the Leage 2 trophy woopey dooooooo. Ho and I THINK!!! he won the FA Vase with Yeovil (Not sure though)

E X A C T L Y

I said it at the time and will say it again, we will have a huge amount of egg on our face for letting MB go. I have not read a match report that is dominated by such positive superlatives regarding one player for some time...all on a day when our arrogent manager says we lacked creativity. Jesus, look at everything MB created in one game through brilliance and magnificent individual play. Nice to see how the idiot says "it was not a striker thing" therefore taking the blame away from his two awfull signings, of course it wasnt a striker thing, we had NO strikers on the pitch (1 or two goals between them in nearly 60 odd games).

If brooker is out of many more games this season we will be be very lucky to not be relegated, simple, if you don't score you NEVER win, and with Bas 1 goal, and a young kid up front we will not score.

GJ what have you done letting MB go, if we go down this one decision in my oppinion will be a major contributing factor, as to be fair the performance elsewhere has picked up well. You have made a huge mistake, and its been highlighted even more by the fact that you havent bought in a decent replacement....oh and the fact that he is turning it on BIG TIME at his new club.

I said it at the time and will say it again, we will have a huge amount of egg on our face for letting MB go. I have not read a match report that is dominated by such positive superlatives regarding one player for some time...all on a day when our arrogent manager says we lacked creativity. Jesus, look at everything MB created in one game through brilliance and magnificent individual play. Nice to see how the idiot says "it was not a striker thing" therefore taking the blame away from his two awfull signings, of course it wasnt a striker thing, we had NO strikers on the pitch (1 or two goals between them in nearly 60 odd games).

If brooker is out of many more games this season we will be be very lucky to not be relegated, simple, if you don't score you NEVER win, and with Bas 1 goal, and a young kid up front we will not score.

GJ what have you done letting MB go, if we go down this one decision in my oppinion will be a major contributing factor, as to be fair the performance elsewhere has picked up well. You have made a huge mistake, and its been highlighted even more by the fact that you havent bought in a decent replacement....oh and the fact that he is turning it on BIG TIME at his new club.

Red man dan, that was an outstanding post mate, I agree with you 100%, I cant believe he left MS on the bench again yesterday either, and deciding to play Savage and Andrews is a joke!

Archived