IGNORED

Magic Johnson...

shamussy

The Truth is this.

At the start of the season, most city fans expected a top 6 finish minimum.

Stewart, Bridges... We were all licking our lips to be fair.

We seemed to forget that whilst they had previous experience and clearly possess quality, they were desperately short of match practice. Now we get GJ in charge, wants to build his team but is beginning to convince me he hasn't a clue. The facts are we have gone NOWHERE. He dupes us into believing we are fitter. Drops/sells our most talented players before finding adequate replacements.

Get rid of Bridges?? Why not, but would the guy have not been an asset to our squad (unless you have a replacement lined up)? Sell Gillespie? OK, but ready made replacement where are you? Am not even going to begin with his inadequate loan signings

We are a big club in this division. We should be able to have a slightly larger squad than most teams on inferior gates. GJ has had 20 games in charge now and has only succeeded in pulling the wool over fans' eyes. He can clearly talk the talk but hasn't shown a jot of improvement to me.

Guest alex1089

The thing is, the players are alot FITTER! Have you watched the games and seen how they are alot fitter than when tins was manager? The reason why we are only on the edge of relegation is because its a poor league and every other club is in with a shout of relegation from 10th downwards! GJ is the man imo and thats because he has constructed a good side now and made them into a team, he may have made some mistakes but every manager does that. Some people say GJ is arrogant, look at Mourinho. He is the man no doubt, stay behind him and the team! One loss and its all doom and gloom!

Guest alex1089

I agree, the league table pos is very diappointing but look how close we are to 12th! Gillingham won the other night and jumped up 6places or something rediculous like that. The whole bottom half of the table is in a relegation battle and i am sure GJ is the man to get us clear of relegation.

I try and understand the points, but a lot fitter??? we worked hard against Swansea but I wouldn't agree to any greater extent. I think unless GJ swallows his pride, we are doomed. Remember the Season we finished so high we had Joe BUrnell playing sideways/backwards passes in the middle and we cried out for tinnion in the team. DW was playing silly b#ggers then.

When he did put tins in the team we had creativity and won a load on the spin. GJ should learn from this.

Am always happy to rebuild the team, but lets get some players in before shipping this lot out.

shamussy what are you on?

The players are fitter and play with a lot more hunger and enthusiasm. Half the team have upped their performances, look at Murray for instance, people are calling him the 'old Murray'. You talk non-sense. Stewart, he played over 100 games in 3 years at Sunderland. That works out on average what, about 33 odd games per season, plus cup games ;) Desperately short of match experience my arse.

As for us being doomed, no way are we.

Take a look at this:

games/points.

1 Southend United 31 / 57

2 Colchester United 29 / 55

3 Swansea City 31/ 52

4 Barnsley 30 /51

5 Brentford 29 /51

6 Huddersfield Town 31/ 50

7 Chesterfield 31 /48

8 Oldham Athletic 31 / 43

9 Nottingham Forest 31/ 41

10 Tranmere Rovers 31 / 39

11 Bradford City 31 / 39

12 Bournemouth 30 /39

13 Port Vale 30 / 39

14 Gillingham 31 / 39

15 Doncaster Rovers 29 / 37

16 Yeovil Town 30/ 37

17 S****horpe United 29 / 36

18 Blackpool 31 /36

19 Walsall 30 / 35

20 Bristol City 31 / 35

21 Swindon Town 31 / 34

22 Hartlepool United 31 / 34

23 Rotherham United 31 / 30

24 Milton Keynes Dons 30 / 27

If we are doomed then I'm the pope :rofl2br:

we have more away games than home games left. We are bad away from home (capable of losing to anyone) and we have struggled to raise our game against average/below average teams at home.

On top of this, GJ has shown a sometimes bemusing team selection that to me doesn't have goals in. All of our games are going to be tight and I am unconvinced we have a creative midfield, and clinical attack. Doomed may be exaggeration, but relegation is certainly not.

we have more away games than home games left. We are bad away from home (capable of losing to anyone) and we have struggled to raise our game against average/below average teams at home.

On top of this, GJ has shown a sometimes bemusing team selection that to me doesn't have goals in. All of our games are going to be tight and I am unconvinced we have a creative midfield, and clinical attack. Doomed may be exaggeration, but relegation is certainly not.

Yea, relegation is not exaggeration. But you initially say 'we are doomed'. Whats the point if thats not even right. Especially when you start with 'the truth is...' And to be fair there doesn't seem to be much truth in it ;)

GJ selecting a bemusing team with no goals in it?!? WHAT. So we usually have Brooks, Murray, Cotterill and Noble in the squad and you say this?! Yea Noble isn't a player to get loads of goals, but he is still a threat.

Creative midfield? So whats going on there? Noble is too mature for his own good and plays IMO with a likability of Tins with his technique and eye for a pass. Never gives the ball away either!

Clinical attack, no, I agree. The only team in this league that I can think of with a clinical attack is S****horpe with Keogh and Sharp. But they only have one point more tham us.

We aren't a finished article. Is there a team that is complete in our league?!? Doubt it.

GJ selecting a bemusing team with no goals in it?!? WHAT. So we usually have Brooks, Murray, Cotterill and Noble in the squad and you say this?! Yea Noble isn't a player to get loads of goals, but he is still a threat.

Creative midfield? So whats going on there? Noble is too mature for his own good and plays IMO with a likability of Tins with his technique and eye for a pass. Never gives the ball away either!

Not sure i agree with you about the midfield. We get no crosses in from wide anymore. Murray will cut inside from the left, defences have got used to that one, when they send him wide he checks back. At the moment Cotterill hasn't the consistency to beat a man and get a decent ball in. He is one for the future but at the moment I feel his development is being damaged by playing from the start with so much pressure. How can a young player coming through remain hungry and develop his strengths weaknesses with that weight on his shoulders. I was feeling unsure when GJ took over and now after seeing his additions to the squad (noble apart) I worry.

Not sure i agree with you about the midfield. We get no crosses in from wide anymore. Murray will cut inside from the left, defences have got used to that one, when they send him wide he checks back. At the moment Cotterill hasn't the consistency to beat a man and get a decent ball in. He is one for the future but at the moment I feel his development is being damaged by playing from the start with so much pressure. How can a young player coming through remain hungry and develop his strengths weaknesses with that weight on his shoulders. I was feeling unsure when GJ took over and now after seeing his additions to the squad (noble apart) I worry.

I never mentioned the fact that Murray and Cotts don't create. Noble is our creative spark in the midfield. Murray and Cotts terrorise defenses at times and have good stints in games.

Murray and Cotts get goals is what I said, in reply to your opinion that we don't have goals coming from anywhere. Apparently due to GJ's 'bemusing' team selections!

As Willsbridge once said.

And I quote....

"Save the forum, say something interesting"

:pray:

I went to Barnsley yesterday and I thought the performance was excellent.We are playing better.Under Wilson/Tinnion we would have rolled over.But where Johnson has got it badly wrong is not adding to the strikers in the tansfer window.Because yesterday we had no cutting edge and it is this that will take us down.

Archived