IGNORED

Time To Pick Your Best Team

lotusman

That G.J. felt the need to make his point with Stewart is perhaps understandable,that Stewart was prepared to face that wrath in his view of unhealthy criticism of younger players is commendable but perhaps misguided.

However,surely the time has arrived where for the sake of the club we need to move on and that really means giving Stewart his opportunity .Nothing breeds confidence and morale more than goals,the loss of a yard of pace is rarely that terminal ,Fowler,Shearer,Sherringham,Cole.But absolute support for a non-scoring development project is far from a solution it actually presents a further problem in that more of a goal scoring burden falls on the shoulders of others.

G.J. you've made your point......it is now time to move on for the sake of our future.

Guest Harry Dolman

That G.J. felt the need to make his point with Stewart is perhaps understandable,that Stewart was prepared to face that wrath in his view of unhealthy criticism of younger players is commendable but perhaps misguided.

However,surely the time has arrived where for the sake of the club we need to move on and that really means giving Stewart his opportunity .Nothing breeds confidence and morale more than goals,the loss of a yard of pace is rarely that terminal ,Fowler,Shearer,Sherringham,Cole.But absolute support for a non-scoring development project is far from a solution it actually presents a further problem in that more of a goal scoring burden falls on the shoulders of others.

G.J. you've made your point......it is now time to move on for the sake of our future.

Like most of us, really I couldn't give a monkeys who plays, as long as we win. If MS comes back & scores a few it will be great. But based on what I've seen of him so far this season & the way we have been playing recently, I am not convinced that he will make much difference.

It seems accepted that at Barnsley we failed to make any decent chances - I am not sure how MS would have done better ??

As you seem to think your above the manager and know it all, what is the problem! And in FACTS please?

I have answered your e mail. As i said if you think i cannot see another point to this, and you think your right, carry on. NO i don't rate the manager, and if you don't like my personal opinion, Tough. oh! just because he manages does not mean my knowledge is any less than his.

don't know if you read Kamaras interview with Bridges in the paper yesterday, but he stated that because he is playing regular, his confidence is coming back, but because he did not get on with GJ he did not get much of a chance, The same thing is happening to Stewart the less he plays the longer it will be to get confidence back. He is not a ball player he is a striker. GJ played the mind game with him at Barnsley by playing an untried player. So to me you put down a good post

I have answered your e mail. As i said if you think i cannot see another point to this, and you think your right, carry on. NO i don't rate the manager, and if you don't like my personal opinion, Tough. oh! just because he manages does not mean my knowledge is any less than his.

a) i havent recieved your email

b) why didnt you go for the job if u know so much

c) i can see the other view, but the arguement doesnt hold water

I still await the facts about this continuing rift you talk about.

don't know if you read Kamaras interview with Bridges in the paper yesterday, but he stated that because he is playing regular, his confidence is coming back, but because he did not get on with GJ he did not get much of a chance, The same thing is happening to Stewart the less he plays the longer it will be to get confidence back. He is not a ball player he is a striker. GJ played the mind game with him at Barnsley by playing an untried player. So to me you put down a good post

Bridges also stated that he wasnt playing well for us in that interview. Thats the reason neither GJ or BT fancied playing him much.

Selective reading methinks.

GJ knows more about BCFC's playing side than any of us who use this forum. FACT.

Get the hell off his back will you, or would you prefer more years of unstabilty at the club?

And if you don't like my opinion, brianred, in your own words- Tough!!!

GJ knows more about BCFC's playing side than any of us who use this forum. FACT.

Get the hell off his back will you, or would you prefer more years of unstabilty at the club?

He may know more about the playing side than any of us, but that doesn't mean he gets it right FACT.

2 rookie strikers playing against Barnsley, experience on the bench FACT

9 defeats on the bounce FACT

The partnership of Brooker/Savage 5 goals in 1645 minutes of play between them (brooker 810, Savage 745), 1 goal every 311 minutes FACT

he should also have got in a proven stiker in january FACT

If he's not going to play Stewart, he should have got rid of himand saved us some money, end of.

Guest Harry Dolman

He may know more about the playing side than any of us, but that doesn't mean he gets it right FACT.

Have the goings on at Rotherham completely bypassed you ??

no they haven't bypassed me, but then our average home attendance is 5 thousand more than theirs,and I don't think they sold over £1.5 worth of players over the summer either.

I also think the loss in revenue from a spell in division 4 will be a lot higher than the cost of a proven striker.

Guest Harry Dolman

no they haven't bypassed me, but then our average home attendance is 5 thousand more than theirs,and I don't think they sold over £1.5 worth of players over the summer either.

I also think the loss in revenue from a spell in division 4 will be a lot higher than the cost of a proven striker.

So if we're financially screwed its ok, as long as we're not quite as screwed as Rotherham ??

We can cope with a loss of revenue, as long as we reduce costs accordingly.

To get a proven striker would have cost a big fee upfront plus big wages. It still wouldn't guarantee staying up. Marcus Stewart is a proven goalscorer on huges wages, but at no point this season has he looked capable of scoring the goals to keep us up. Spending money doesn't guarantee anything, other than a worsening of our finances.

2 rookie strikers playing against Barnsley, experience on the bench FACT

9 defeats on the bounce FACT

[b]The partnership of Brooker/Savage 5 goals in 1645 minutes of play between them (brooker 810, Savage 745), 1 goal every 311 minutes FACT

If he's not going to play Stewart, he should have got rid of himand saved us some money, end of. An interesting point, if there has been a falling out, why didn't he get rid of him, why didn't Stewart try to leave, why weren't people queueing up to sign him as he is such a prolific goalscorer?

PS is your real name 'Kato'?

Bridges also stated that he wasnt playing well for us in that interview. Thats the reason neither GJ or BT fancied playing him much.

Selective reading methinks.

And if you don't like my opinion, brianred, in your own words- Tough!!!

I never said i knew more about the team, i said just because he was a manager that my knowledge of football is any less. So in my words Up Yours. I will not get off his back he's up for debate same as the players ok.

Then rift began with the infamous grenade. I'm going to use the dreaded word "source" here, so please don't shoot me for it. A friend of mine who knows a couple of players (and no I'm not naming him, not that you would know him anyway) was told that when GJ had a go at the team Marcus Stewart had a go back at him in front of the whole squad

Hence thats why they have never got on

Stewart plays poorly when he does play. He touches the ball about 3-4 times and gives it away when he does get it. He is offside a lot and is slower than the other strikers. Thats normally what he does when he comes on for 20 minutes.

There's a few facts in there I reckon. Although they are my own observations from him, I haven't got a link to the official figures.

Is it really that surprising that Johnson doesn't play him, as when he does, that is the return?

Hopefully he does get a chance and bangs in a load of goals for us...unlikely though.

Stewart plays poorly when he does play. He touches the ball about 3-4 times and gives it away when he does get it. He is offside a lot and is slower than the other strikers. Thats normally what he does when he comes on for 20 minutes.

There's a few facts in there I reckon. Although they are my own observations from him, I haven't got a link to the official figures.

Is it really that surprising that Johnson doesn't play him, as when he does, that is the return?

Hopefully he does get a chance and bangs in a load of goals for us...unlikely though.

I have to totally agree with you mate

Stewart does have this knack of being offside shed loads and being the cause of our attacks breaking down

Bas or Marcus? simple answer, it should have been neither...but hey, the "we should have signed...." discussion is extremely boring now

Perhaps they thought my email was over stated, i would love the chance to do what GJ does. Then again as i said just because he is manager does not mean i have no knowledge, because if we all see the same whats the point of having a forum and i still think Stewart should start.

If City get themselves in more dirt that is down to bad management starting from SL!

Archived