IGNORED

We Will Not Be Relegated

Redtrojan

Please feel free to pull this up at the end of the season if i'm wrong.

But there is too much quality in our squad and GJ is too astute a manager to allow it to happen.

We were great against Swansea only a week or so ago ,we had at least 3 players out today and still should have taken something from the game against a top 4 team.

Two wins or so and we're mid -table it's that tight.

Too many people fretting.I've seen far worse City teams than this,we'll survive this year and be up ther competing next season,keep the faith.

Yes ,and have seen far worse.

Don't panic we won't go down this season,3 players out today,we will be fine.

Thanks to general mis-management over the last 7 years at boardroom level BCFC have the worst looking team I've seen in 25 years since we were last relegated to poxy Div 4. The league table does not lie in mid-February - we're third from bottom and well up for relegation. :(

RG i well remember the days at the bottom of the old 4th division,and whilst i'll agree we have some lazy g*ts taking their money whilst wearing the red shirt today.We do actually have far more quality than that team of the early eighties and won't go down.

I've got a bad feeling we'll go down. We've not got adequate service from midfield to a forward line consisting of an injured looking Brooker and Bas Savage who is a 3 goals per season striker at this level. I'm worried, very worried. Bradley Orr fought well today against Brentford but he was the best of a poor looking team. I've never seen the Dolman stand empty so quickly today before the final whistle without so much as a boo - a real sign that we're resigned to the inevitable. :(

RG,i remember going to hereford away in the early eighties with a team consisting of the two kelly brothers up front (errington and nyere i think),we thought we had no hope as at most of those games that season,but heaps of City boys in fancy dress and a top awayday had by all as Nyere kelly i believe scored(perhaps his only goal ever) and we won 3-1 i think.We stayed away from the unthinkable that season and i just can't see a team with the players we've got going down.We are only 6 points or so away from upper mid-table respectability.By no means will this season be remembered as a good one,but i truely don't believe we will go down.

I wonder where those kelly boys are now?

Of course we won't be relegated with MK Dons below us - and Yeovil in free fall - and Rotherham facing bankruptcy - and - it doesn't matter. We shouldn't be even discussing this. A club with our wage bill should be romping away with this division - along with Forest. Maybe we should have a bunch of low paid go-getters rather than a bunch of long-contract over-paid whatever word you would like to use. What actually motivates our players? Surely the time has come to place both salaries and admission prices on a PRP basis? At the moment, nobody - I repeat NOBODY - should have to pay more than a tenner to watch the cr*p that is being served up. Fools and their money are easily parted - I discovered this a few seasons ago. As I keep saying, boycott season tickets. With 8000 paying up front pre-season, the club can ride rough-shod over the supporters' wishes. The money is already in the bank. Just imagine how much more influential the supporter's voice would be without this cash cushion. I once loved this club - was passionate about this club - but now the supporters are just being exploited week in week out. I was a loyal supporter from '64 until John Ward quit. PTL I discovered the joys of non-league football - my whole season supporting local non-league side costs little more than a single game at Ashton Gate. And no longer am I just a number on a customer database - rather I am a valued fan. I actually hope that City do get relegated - it might just make the club re-evaluate a whole lot of issues - when money is tight, the club could - maybe - just start listening to the supporters once again. Catering, standing, the East End, replica shirts .... the list goes on. Oh dear - the hand grenade has been thrown. Wait for all the flack. I have a thick skin!

Of course we won't be relegated with MK Dons below us - and Yeovil in free fall - and Rotherham facing bankruptcy - and - it doesn't matter. We shouldn't be even discussing this. A club with our wage bill should be romping away with this division - along with Forest. Maybe we should have a bunch of low paid go-getters rather than a bunch of long-contract over-paid whatever word you would like to use. What actually motivates our players? Surely the time has come to place both salaries and admission prices on a PRP basis? At the moment, nobody - I repeat NOBODY - should have to pay more than a tenner to watch the cr*p that is being served up. Fools and their money are easily parted - I discovered this a few seasons ago. As I keep saying, boycott season tickets. With 8000 paying up front pre-season, the club can ride rough-shod over the supporters' wishes. The money is already in the bank. Just imagine how much more influential the supporter's voice would be without this cash cushion. I once loved this club - was passionate about this club - but now the supporters are just being exploited week in week out. I was a loyal supporter from '64 until John Ward quit. PTL I discovered the joys of non-league football - my whole season supporting local non-league side costs little more than a single game at Ashton Gate. And no longer am I just a number on a customer database - rather I am a valued fan. I actually hope that City do get relegated - it might just make the club re-evaluate a whole lot of issues - when money is tight, the club could - maybe - just start listening to the supporters once again. Catering, standing, the East End, replica shirts .... the list goes on. Oh dear - the hand grenade has been thrown. Wait for all the flack. I have a thick skin!

It was a nice sunny day on the downs before the Brentford game. I could have stayed up on the Downs and saved the £30 admission for myself and my son and watched any one of ten or so Downs league games for nothing. Fools and their money really are easily parted. :rolleyes: The last time we seemed to be valued supporters was when Scott Davidson was Chairman. :shifty:

Can hardly be bothered swampy, you do little else on here but throw the same hand grenade every now and again.

You're just someone - who, by your own admission doesn't support City - twisting the knife when we're in enough pain already. :angry: Hope City get relegated? :dunno: - bah, be off with you. :@

It was a nice sunny day on the downs before the Brentford game. I could have stayed up on the Downs and saved the £30 admission for myself and my son and watched any one of ten or so Downs league games for nothing. Fools and their money really are easily parted. :rolleyes: The last time we seemed to be valued supporters was when Scott Davidson was Chairman. :shifty:

Quite correct. Scott used to come into the concourse at the back of the Atyeo to talk to the fans and take flack on the chin. As for Mr Lansdown - we used to be able to communicate with him via the 'net. Now even that opportunity has gone. PS - Forget the Downs League - Toolstation Western or Hellenic is the minimum acceptable standard!!!

Quite correct. Scott used to come into the concourse at the back of the Atyeo to talk to the fans and take flack on the chin. As for Mr Lansdown - we used to be able to communicate with him via the 'net. Now even that opportunity has gone. PS - Forget the Downs League - Toolstation Western or Hellenic is the minimum acceptable standard!!!

I still remember the personally addressed e-mail that Scott Davidson sent to everyone when he was deposed as Chairman. I can't remember BCFC being £5 million in debt when Scott Davidson resigned as it is now under Steve Lansdown's stewardship.

Lansdown needs to go a.s.a.p.He has achieved absolutely nothing.It would appear he has no plan for the club to move forward and we seem to stagnate more each year.When decisions are made he is guarnteeed to make the wrong ones.At vital moments like the recent transfer window he always pulls back in favour of caution when it cried out for boldness and bravery.His appointment of Sexstone would appear to someone he can hide behind.And to have Sexstone periodically lecture true supporters of this club about various issues is I find an insult.He has now removed the forum communication aswell.As a previous post commented about Scott Davidson he was a true supporter of this club who hurt when we hurt and celebrated when we did.I wrote to him once complaing of lack of activity in the transfer market and the man rang me at home and had a good old chat.Since his departure the hope and passion at Board level has left the club.We need it back and fast, much longer with Lansdown at the helm and Conference football could be on the way.

Lansdown needs to go a.s.a.p.He has achieved absolutely nothing.It would appear he has no plan for the club to move forward and we seem to stagnate more each year.When decisions are made he is guarnteeed to make the wrong ones.At vital moments like the recent transfer window he always pulls back in favour of caution when it cried out for boldness and bravery.His appointment of Sexstone would appear to someone he can hide behind.And to have Sexstone periodically lecture true supporters of this club about various issues is I find an insult.He has now removed the forum communication aswell.As a previous post commented about Scott Davidson he was a true supporter of this club who hurt when we hurt and celebrated when we did.I wrote to him once complaing of lack of activity in the transfer market and the man rang me at home and had a good old chat.Since his departure the hope and passion at Board level has left the club.We need it back and fast, much longer with Lansdown at the helm and Conference football could be on the way.

Yes i agree to that redrebel, a couple new faces in the board room may help things along but is it to late this season for that?

I just don't know...............

Archived