IGNORED

Gj

BCFC.Ady65

Has GJ gone as far as he can in his managerial career. In 25 games in charge we have won 8, drawn 4, lost 13, gone out of 2 cups to lower league opposition, conceded 38, scored 31, and had the worst run of consecutive defeats ever in the history of Bristol City (9 games) and numerous loan signings that have been no better than what we had already. People say you must give him time but just say if your car was not running as it should, would you say lets give it time it might get better or would you fix it straight away with new parts. He has proven that he could manage in the conference and div 2 with yeovil, but i feel he has reached the limit he can manage at now. There is no motivation and i think the man management of the players could be a lot better. Saturday he made 7 changes which included moving scott murray from the left wing, where he has been playing the best football we have seen for a long time, to the right and include luke wilkshire who did absolutely nothing all game on the left, and how long can you play a striker without him scoring or ever look like scoring a goal. Murray on the Left and Cotterill on the right is at the moment the best way forward.

Guest 30BCFC90

Not worth replying too GJ is the perfect man for this job he will succeed give him time!!! If we go down he knows league 2 off the back of his hand and if we stay up he will get to know the team more and develope the squad more!!

I think we need a good old relegation just to get rid of all the moaning rubbish people come out with. Gary Johnson is the best man for the job.

No we don't need relegation, the crap that comes with it players leaving crowds of 6000. If GJ is the best man for the job he had better start showing it.

Not worth replying too GJ is the perfect man for this job he will succeed give him time!!! If we go down he knows league 2 off the back of his hand and if we stay up he will get to know the team more and develope the squad more!!

Based on your assumption, shall we just bypass the 2nd div and go straight to the conference then, because obviously the mighty midget knows how to manage and win the league, Get a life, we need somebody who knows manage a football team.

I think with any manager, you need to give them time before you can judge on performance, half a season doesn't seem anywhere near long enough. As long as we avoid relegation, I think he should be given a chance. He has made a lot of positive changes since the 7-1 thrashing we took. We may not be on top form, but things have been a lot worse! Give it time. :city:

Guest Harry Dolman

Has GJ gone as far as he can in his managerial career. In 25 games in charge we have won 8, drawn 4, lost 13, gone out of 2 cups to lower league opposition, conceded 38, scored 31, and had the worst run of consecutive defeats ever in the history of Bristol City (9 games) and numerous loan signings that have been no better than what we had already. People say you must give him time but just say if your car was not running as it should, would you say lets give it time it might get better or would you fix it straight away with new parts. He has proven that he could manage in the conference and div 2 with yeovil, but i feel he has reached the limit he can manage at now. There is no motivation and i think the man management of the players could be a lot better. Saturday he made 7 changes which included moving scott murray from the left wing, where he has been playing the best football we have seen for a long time, to the right and include luke wilkshire who did absolutely nothing all game on the left, and how long can you play a striker without him scoring or ever look like scoring a goal. Murray on the Left and Cotterill on the right is at the moment the best way forward.

Playing Murray left wing was a good short term measure & it yielded a good goal return from Scott. But apart from the Swansea game, Murray has been very subdued recently - no surprise - any decent "scout" watching us would simply report back that if you let him cut in on to his right you are in trouble, wheras if you show him the left flank he is in trouble. The full backs have got wise & he has suffered.

Of the 7 changes on Sat, 2 were enforced by suspension so he only actually chose to make 5 changes. Moving Murray back right made sense (shame Murray played awful).

A more justified criticism is why didn't we get a left sided player in the transfer window ??

This guy should do stand-up.

That part where he compared football managment to car engines. Classic.

My car is French, smelly, old and ugly. AKA Arsene Wenger!

Immense analogy. Surfire way to assess any manager. Well done. I'm not sure if that completely highlighted the farsical nature of this post, but it did the job for me.

This guy should do stand-up.

That part where he compared football managment to car engines. Classic.

My car is French, smelly, old and ugly. AKA Arsene Wenger!

Immense analogy. Surfire way to assess any manager. Well done. I'm not sure if that completely highlighted the farsical nature of this post, but it did the job for me.

You liked that analogy too? Brilliant, eh.

Although not suggesting he should go or be hanged I am getting fed up of Johnson starting to talk a good job and seemingly not able to deliver.His continued inept performance in the transfer market astounds me.Against Brentford he challenged the midfield to step up th the plate,Now he talks about more incisive passing and more of a killer instinct.I wonder if the penny has dropped you can challenge/ask/demand all you want if the players are not good enough it will have no effect.Now if he doesn't realise by now they are not then we have had it.Got off your rear end Johnson and get someone in on loan like every other club that are struggling are doing and stop talking rubbish.Because at this rate you will still be challenging the team to do this and that and we will be in Div 2.

I think with any manager, you need to give them time before you can judge on performance, half a season doesn't seem anywhere near long enough. As long as we avoid relegation, I think he should be given a chance. He has made a lot of positive changes since the 7-1 thrashing we took. We may not be on top form, but things have been a lot worse! Give it time. :city:

what positive changes? better signings? the only thing I would say is that the players may be fitter! wow

But then people will just complain that he's bringing in more loans (which obviously wont do the job because... They're not on the wagebill proper?). Seems to be a win-win situation for Johno when it comes to this forum.

I think the hope is he might bring in a more senior player with some proven ability as opposed to young nobodies that are no better than what we have and usually with less committment.

Archived