IGNORED

Wilkshire And Stewart On Main Site

Chivs

There are two interesting articles on the main site concerning Wilkshire and Stewart.

Wilkshire has been picked in the latest Aussie squad. This is for a mini-tournament that starts on Feb 22nd. I assume this means Wilkshire will be unavailable for a couple of weeks? For mine own part, I think this can only be to the benefit of City. :whistle: However, it does question whether Johnson should pick Wilkshire at all since we will only be disrupted come Feb 22nd. On a separate note, was Wilkshire put up for transfer recently as I believe his contract finishes at the end of the season?

The other article concerned Stewart. It says that he's in with a chance for a start. It always seems that the main site manages to "predict" what is coming up. Does this mean we start with Stewart? I'm not a big fan mainly because of his lack of pace. There's no doubt that Brooker and Stewart can combine well (there were some decent one-twos on Sat) but it's usually too far back. However, if we do start with Stewart I believe we need Murray and Cotterill to provide the pace and, hopefully, some decent crosses. Is this too adventurous though?

Guest Harry Dolman

There are two interesting articles on the main site concerning Wilkshire and Stewart.

Wilkshire has been picked in the latest Aussie squad. This is for a mini-tournament that starts on Feb 22nd. I assume this means Wilkshire will be unavailable for a couple of weeks? For mine own part, I think this can only be to the benefit of City. :whistle: However, it does question whether Johnson should pick Wilkshire at all since we will only be disrupted come Feb 22nd. On a separate note, was Wilkshire put up for transfer recently as I believe his contract finishes at the end of the season?

The other article concerned Stewart. It says that he's in with a chance for a start. It always seems that the main site manages to "predict" what is coming up. Does this mean we start with Stewart? I'm not a big fan mainly because of his lack of pace. There's no doubt that Brooker and Stewart can combine well (there were some decent one-twos on Sat) but it's usually too far back. However, if we do start with Stewart I believe we need Murray and Cotterill to provide the pace and, hopefully, some decent crosses. Is this too adventurous though?

Wilkshire was made available in the window, only Blackpool came in for him & apparently we didn't want to sell him to them & he didn't want to go there.

I agree it seems likely that MS will get a start tomorrow. Hopefully he will be instructed to stay up front with Brooker & even is possession is sparse, not to drop deep.

Cotterill has been hit & miss. Wilkshire was poor on Sat - to be honest you could play either & get a good, bad or ugly display.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Scott Brown get a run on 1 of the flanks - give a bit more bite maybe.

Hopefully Noble & brooker will be fully fit - they didn't appear to be on Sat & how it showed.

We need a win from our next 2 games. Neither Scunny or Bradford will be brimming with confidence I would rather we go out blazing - try & get a goal or 2 in front, then defend, rather than keep it tight & try & nick a goal.

Thing is I'm not sure we're that suited to go "all guns blazing really"..........

Guest Harry Dolman

what was the game (think under tinnion?) that we went out, according to the main site, "all guns blazing really", played abysmally & lost?

I think it may have been Chesterfield (1 down after 40 seconds - lost 3-2). Jamie Smiths 1 & only good performance I believe.

Wilkshire was made available in the window, only Blackpool came in for him & apparently we didn't want to sell him to them & he didn't want to go there.

OK, thanks, didn't know that. I'm surprised that we didn't try and hawk him to Championship clubs for a pittance, say £40k. Ironically, I think Wilkshire could be a useful player at a higher level but is awful for us. We might as well have accepted £40k in January rather than nothing in May.

Cotterill has been hit & miss. Wilkshire was poor on Sat - to be honest you could play either & get a good, bad or ugly display.

The difference for me is that Cotterill will scare defenders even if his final pass is wayward. Just having his pace available opens up the play. Defenders will sit back and not get forward so much.

We need a win from our next 2 games. Neither Scunny or Bradford will be brimming with confidence I would rather we go out blazing - try & get a goal or 2 in front, then defend, rather than keep it tight & try & nick a goal.

Thing is I'm not sure we're that suited to go "all guns blazing really"..........

I quite agree. They don't like it up 'em.

I think it may have been Chesterfield (1 down after 40 seconds - lost 3-2). Jamie Smiths 1 & only good performance I believe.

i remember that game rather well - at the Gate - it was a live match and I organised about 10 mates to come round and watch it - half cuban and half expats; girls were in the kitchen cooking up some lovely nosh while the lads sat around the big screen in the rockers. beer and havana cigars flowing. i was so excited that all these mates of mine were prepared to watch the game with me - mind you, invite cubes for food and they all turn up without question even if they have other prior engagements!!

anyway, what an embarassment. I think one of the cubans said he had seen his local havana team defend more stoutly. it was not pretty!!! :grr::rofl2br:

Archived