IGNORED

Cotterill As A Forward?

Coin-op

• Admin

Will Cotterill be played as a forward again? Could he be the answer we have all been looking for? Or will Savage/Andrew play there on Saturday?

Answers on a postcard please..............

Courtesy of RedUn:

At the same age:-

Lita 5 goals in 26 appearances.

Cotts 5 in 32 (mainly on the wing).

Cotts was brought through the Acadamy as a striker :D

Sounded like his goal tonight was being in the right place at the right time, but fair play to him.

Puts him in above Bas then already ;)

I think Cotts is a bit lightweight but Andy Butler asides so is the S****horpe defence, and what Dave lacks in body figure he makes up in speed & trickery, aswell as lightning awareness.

Puts him in above Bas then already ;)

I think Cotts is a bit lightweight but Andy Butler asides so is the S****horpe defence, and what Dave lacks in body figure he makes up in speed & trickery, aswell as lightning awareness.

"Lightning awareness", thats all we need, a ###### weather man up front.

His pace would be more effective up front. Would certainly give us options. Would suit the way GJ is getting us to play at the mo... Brooker flicking on balls from defence for him to run on to. At the mo flicked headers don't get followed up.

If we are going to play long ball then he seems an option. Although he would be better running from deep and playing off brooker as he isn't the man to hold ball up. maybe a free role between midfield and brooker?

The problem will be on the left though.

Wilkshire, IS NOT a left winger and shouldn't be out there, time to give that Williams kiddy a chance?

Cotterill is lightweight and worked on the right wing recently (as is Jennison from what has been said), why not? :)

The problem will be on the left though.

Wilkshire, IS NOT a left winger and shouldn't be out there, time to give that Williams kiddy a chance?

It was suggested in several threads last week that Cotterill and Williams on the flanks would give the team more width and attacking options. Williams is no lightweight, and manages to find the net with regularity, and from time to time a football.

Before the season is over, I think we will see both Cotts and Williams in the starting line up.

Cotterill learned to tackle though, and in only half a season. Wilkshire hasn't in 3.

Nibor

Sorry Nibor, I must have missed Luke Wilkshire changing his first name to Jennison... ;)

If Stewart is out on Saturday, which is probable given that he suffered a groin related injury tonight, then Cotts should start IMO. It's been said time and again that Bas doesn't carry any threat and thats an argument I agree with. Cotts has had 60 mins in his rightful position, got a goal and deserves to go partner Brooker at Bradford. If Calvin Andrew comes straight in, then there's something seriously wrong

The thing you quoted had Wilkshire in... looked like you were saying Cotterill was lightweight as well as Wilkshire... confused me anyway :blush: .

Sorry my mistake, forgot to cut out the unwanted parts :blush:

Archived