IGNORED

Johnson Reminds Me Of

Rob k

Alan pardew. Some West Ham Fans slated and hated him at the start and thought he was rubbish - Look what he has now done given the right amount of time by the board.

Maybe, both attack minded Managers and Pardew has certainly shut his critics up good and proper, as i'm sure GJ will do once we have this season over with and begin again with the next one.

Danny Wilson's treatment is more like Alan Pardew's. West Ham never struggled in the Championship, they just winning every game and only missed out on play-off promotion and went up via the P-O's a year later.

Danny Wilson got his criticism despite his team never really struggling on the whole (your final league standings under Wilson state this)

• Admin

Danny Wilson got his criticism despite his team never really struggling on the whole (your final league standings under Wilson state this)

Wilson had massive financial backing, he employed backroom staff that wouldn't have looked out of place in the Premiership ( sports psychologist and fitness coach) and even with all that at his disposal, he and his team lacked the vital ingredient to turn them from nearly men to champions.

He reminds me of Barry Fry.

I wonder, why is there such blind optimism about GJ, so far he has been pretty ordibnary, and most of his signings have been pretty poor. Lets face it, a mad Brazilian keeper (Who is absolutely no improvement on the previous keeper), and a reasonable Third Division midfielder are his 'successes'. He might also be like Megson who ranted and raved about commitment and fitness and blamed everybody else for Forests problems, and yet things never improved. He might be like Tinnion who never really got it right. In fact he might be like Pulis. Oh go on, he might be like Alex Ferguson!!!

Lets face it, a mad Brazilian keeper (Who is absolutely no improvement on the previous keeper),

and a reasonable Third Division midfielder are his 'successes'.

The mad Brazilian goalkeeper was brought in because we only had one keeper and needed backup and competition.

Having a 'reasonable Third Division midfielder' is a bonus for a less than reasonable Third Division side.

Danny Wilson's treatment is more like Alan Pardew's. West Ham never struggled in the Championship, they just winning every game and only missed out on play-off promotion and went up via the P-O's a year later.

Let's hope you know more about Swindon than this half baked analysis of our club.Wilson spent 4 years getting us no where with a squad easily good enough for promotion each season.How exactly that makes him like Pardew who actually delivered promotion and a good first season in the Premiership I really don't know.

From your mouth to Gods Ears Mate.

I sincerely hope you're right.

Didn't they both manage Yeovil, as well??

He reminds me of Barry Fry.

Not quite as loud & mouthy but you're not the first person to say that to me.

I wonder, why is there such blind optimism about GJ, so far he has been pretty ordibnary, and most of his signings have been pretty poor.

Agreed

Lets face it, a mad Brazilian keeper (Who is absolutely no improvement on the previous keeper), and a reasonable Third Division midfielder are his 'successes'.

Spot On.Although I rate Phillips & Basso, they are much of a muchness.Noble usually starts slowly but he is of a consistent standard and the only game that I would say he was poor in was Brentford.His partnership with Russell is one of the reasons for our improvement and he suits GJ's "back seven" approach.As with all of our midfielders with the exception of LW goals are his major downfall and that is something that is holding us back

He might also be like Megson who ranted and raved about commitment and fitness and blamed everybody else for Forests problems, and yet things never improved. He might be like Tinnion who never really got it right. In fact he might be like Pulis. Oh go on, he might be like Alex Ferguson!!!

It's a precarious role and people forget that Ferguson was about one game away from "the big un" on more than one occassion.

Wilson had massive financial backing, he employed backroom staff that wouldn't have looked out of place in the Premiership ( sports psychologist and fitness coach) and even with all that at his disposal, he and his team lacked the vital ingredient to turn them from nearly men to champions.

I agree wholeheartedly although, it has to be said that we rarely occupied a bottom four spot under DW.

His record of 9th, 7th, 3rd & 3rd shows both bad luck and failure, given the points you have already made.

There is no doubt that his stubborness & poor selections against Brighton had a massive impact on the future of BCFC.

Maybe, both attack minded Managers

I can't go along with that.We took the field in some away games with a horrendous 4-5-1 formation and it didn't work.

The team that took the field at Barnsley had scored 17 League goals all season and the forwards, 1.His central midfield is bereft of goals.

and Pardew has certainly shut his critics up good and proper, as i'm sure GJ will do once we have this season over with and begin again with the next one.

I hope you're right on that one :city::city:

Alfie off the Fast Show :D

Football.Hardest Game In The World, Innit??

Yeh, I was innit 20 years, Man & Boy

I'll get me coat.

Archived