IGNORED

Martin Allen

Lordofthebling

The guy shows passion, can't knock him for that can you?

Stuart Pearce shows passion, Ian Wright shows passion loads of people show passion. The reason that people like these two characters is because they are natural. Martin Allen is like "look at me, look at me, look at me!". He comes across as doing things so people will give him the attention he seems to crave. He is an annoying little so and so too... Cringeworthy.

P.s. He has done a good job as manager so far and he might be a charming chap when you get to know him but, from what I've seen of him..... errrr!

Martin Alllen is a total prat IMO. Always has been, always will be.

Anyone else notice the media obsession over Brentford and Allen? I know the Sky Sports studio is very close to Griffin Park which might have something to do over it.

Got sacked for bullying a player at Reading I believe. Doesnt come accross as a particulary nice person.

But the media love his sort, Holloway another example.

Martin Alllen is a total prat IMO. Always has been, always will be.

Anyone else notice the media obsession over Brentford and Allen? I know the Sky Sports studio is very close to Griffin Park which might have something to do over it.

Got sacked for bullying a player at Reading I believe. Doesnt come accross as a particulary nice person.

But the media love his sort, Holloway another example.

Spot on. The fact that he's a Cockney helps him with the media, which is so ridiculously London-biased its scary. He's a good manager without a doubt, but he overplays the small club mentality, about how poor and underpriveliged his side are, even compared to the rest of our league, and the press swallow it every time.

He is the manager I dislike the most. Holloway is alright, he's entertaining, and seems like a decent enough bloke. Allen is just an irritating, gobby ####.

I can't disagree with some of the comments regarding Martin Allen already expressed but I think as a manager and motivator there are few like him.

I read an article about him yesterday in the Saturday Telegraph. The guy wants to win and he is incredibly determined. He was out of work from football a few years ago and left with no money. He turned to gardening to support his family and when he got the call to help out at Reading he was picking up leaves for £10.00 per hour. He says he never forgets this.

Brentford is his first management job and he has been there since March 2004. In that time he has rebuilt his team twice during the summer using free transfers etc. Last year his team got to the 5th round of the FA Cup and again this year. Last year his team made the League 1 play-offs losing to Sheff Wed. This season who knows but I'd be surprised if they weren't partcipating in the play-offs again.

It is also true that the club have no money.

So whatever you say about him, love him or hate him, the guy has been incredibly successful over the last 2 years and has my respect for that.

Archived