IGNORED

See Bhoys Are Shunned Again

grebes

What is it with Erickson. England struggle for a natural left sided player and don't offer Alan Thompson a chance. The fella has been playing Champions League football most years etc and is quality.

Thought Sutton might have had a chance, as the only England striker scoring is possibly Owen.

Sutton = regression.

This is England we're talking about here mate. Sorry, but if you want to compete with the best teams in the world you have to pick players who play in a quality league.

Would Sutton score regularly in the Prem or for England?

Who knows, but maybe he should have considered his options before moving to Scottish football.

Just though at least Sutton is scoring goals, where as no of the current England strikers are. Would you rate Heskey above Sutton?

On Talk Sport, they were saying Thompson was too old - which is rubbish, he would deffinately do a job for England in the summer.

Ahh well.

Sutton might be playing well against teams like Dundee and Aberdeen but what about the likes of Chelsea and Newcastle brimming with world class stars?

Sutton has played Champions League football on a regular basis scoring important goals. In UEFA Cup Celtic went to the final beating Blackburn and Liverpool on the way and Sutton scoring several times in that run.

I guess Heskey is younger, so if Sven is building for the future fair enough. I cannot believe Thompson did not get in with England short on the left side.

I agree that most clubs in Scotland might not be up to Premiership ability, but everytime these teams play Celtic or Rangers, it is like a cup game and they play above themselves. Celtic and Rangers cannot just urn up and expect to win.

Good to see Ireland matching Brazil last night.

Gardner is injured, that is why Spurs have been playing with the dismal central pairing of the useless dean richards and Gary doherty. it's not kings fault pleat is a fool and fails to notice that he is better than both Richards or Doherty. And with no gardner to pick King was the next choice. Although i think Upson is better but i don't know if he was injured or something at the time.

As for Thompson, i would have picked him, he may be getting on a bit but he's better than Gerrard on the left, or any other central mifielder on the left. The fact that he is not better than Gareth Barry i think could hinder Thompson, except for te fact that Erickson will not pick the only two naturally left sided players of any calibre.

Archived