IGNORED

Just Why

BS10 RED

I would also like to dispell another myth - that Wilson had a policy against youth.

The average age of the first team in his last 2 years in charge was often around the 21-23 years old mark.

Ultimately perhaps one of his downfalls was investing too much of his budget in youth with Miller and Wilkshire when infact he needed more 'quick fix' options.

Think back to the last two seasons when DW was in charge, and name some of the great matches we saw. Tranmere, Mansfield away, QPR home, Hartlepool PO s/f) and the quality of football.

Now name matches that have reached those heights in the two years since he has gone !!

I have no axe to grind with the Directors, Tinman or GJ, I just want to sit at the Gate and enjoy my football like I was doing a few years ago.

Think back to the last two seasons when DW was in charge, and name some of the great matches we saw. Tranmere, Mansfield away, QPR home, Hartlepool PO s/f) and the quality of football.

Now name matches that have reached those heights in the two years since he has gone !!

I have no axe to grind with the Directors, Tinman or GJ, I just want to sit at the Gate and enjoy my football like I was doing a few years ago.

The only game I can think of that has had the same sort of atmosphere and quality football was against Everton in the Carling cup.

DW was on holiday in the close season when he recieved a phone call from SL informing him that Brian Jones (club psychiatrist and close friend of Wilson) had been sacked/laid-off with immediate effect.

A disagreement/arguement ensued between SL and DW, the exact details of which we don't know.

SL called an emergency board meeting and they all agreed that DW should be sacked.

We don't know that DW refused to accept cost-cutting measures, we do know he (unsurprisingly IMO) was unhappy to be told that Brian Jones and been sacked without his prior consultation.

There are certainly a few unanswered questions in my view.

Don't get me wrong, I was shocked when DW got the sack, in fact I'd somehow managed to convince my missus that Wilson would be a good name for a puppy.....about a week before he got sacked :doh: .....still feel like a plonker calling his name at the park!!!

I was even more shocked /disappointed when SL appointed Tinman out of the blue, but bearing in mind Tinmans appointment coupled with huge cost-cutting (some would say asset-stripping) since Wilsons departure, surely this would have been a pretty significant part of their discussion :dunno:

Guest ashtonyate

Wilson had 4 years to take the club to div 1 his teams were a load of poo when it really mattered like Cardiff the play offs he had to go.

The problem was Lansdown never backed up his sacking of wilson with either someone to help Tinnion or a more experance manager with Tinnion as his asstance.

As for Docherty And Cole The Doc only wanted to play when he wanted to and was a thug and was getting sent off two many times.Coles lost his way and was playing porely for most of last season and a move done him good.

Wilson had his chance- THREE seasons, spending loads of dough, culminating in the pray off luck, and the Mad Stad no show. Bad enough, but then "Defeat is not Failure" despite being warned failure to get promotion would result in cuts. Then huffed out. bye bye Danny Boy, who should have been sacked after getting caned by rock bottom Wycombe (No win in 13 till us!) And he didnt bring in many kids, he preferred journeymen like Peacock.......

The mistake was in hiring Tinnion. Big Mistake. We're STILL paying.

Archived