IGNORED

Funniest Chant Saturday

Uncle Ern

Swindon Hater- That was a mouldy oldie from the days in the top flight and always follows the "Give us a C " routine.I'm not sure of it's exact origin but our lot dug it up again and has given us amusement when everyone looks at us like we're out of it ! In fact on Saturday after we sung it someone shouted "What the effing hell was that"

If someone could fill us in as to it's meaning I would be grateful.

I think the funniest chant would have been if the commentator (god, I cannot for the life of me remember his name now  :D ) had followed through with his threat to chant along with the fans after Tommy scored  :D
Richard Hoskin?

Not sure if that is correct, but for some reason that name is in my head.

In a town where I was born,

Lived a team and thet were great.

Bristol City were their name and they played at Ashton Gate,

2-3-4 We all p!$$ in a blue and white pot etc

The other chant is exactly as Swindon Hater wrote.

Check out the back of the East End Saturday for more raves from the grave.

Whilst on the subject of chants what theme/music does the "we wanna build a bonfire chant" go ??

Also the new blazin Squad songs chorus (if thats what you call it) can be used to good effect something along the lines of Grimsby town fans f off, f off, f off etc think you need to know the jingle for this to make any sense though!

Well lads you're all likely to hear a few funny ones up at sheffield especially when the Groucho's appear.

DolmanRed will know the meaning - as he is a great exponent of sing something simple.

There are a few beauties which usually accompany a full version of a give us a C.

You've already mentioned E-a-E-a-E-a-a

There's also the chant that goes after give us a C - I'm in love with the girl next door......

But even funnier were the ad-hoc events like when Sargeant Egor used to roam the East End, covered in gob and the chant of "who's that tit with the nipple on his head - Dixon, Dixon"

Similarly up at Warsaw in the 90s play offs when the bill linked hands, we all started singing Auld Lang Syne.

Bolton -It'sjust like watching the Bill!

And against sheffield weds in 1991 when we had a blizzard all the roads and rail networks were cut off leading to the AG crowd singing in unison to the 400 Owls fans (over 3000 expected that day) - One bed and breakfast, theres only one bed and breakfast!

Listen out soon - as I have over 12 pages of songs collected

Archived