IGNORED

Play Offs

mossey

yipeee, good news at last, at least the play off finals are staying at cardiff, and it means that we will not have far to travel, but seriously folks, does anyone else feel as if the forum has lost it's way slightly, there hardly seems anything worth reading, let alone replying to, the subjects have got abit boring and predicable, what cars do players drive , best away match, best goal, worst haircut, etc etc, does it mean that alot of people have just given up on the season, and can't be bothered? :Sleep12:

Guest Harvey9

yipeee, good news at last, at least the play off finals are staying at cardiff, and it means that we will not have far to travel, but seriously folks, does anyone else feel as if the forum has lost it's way slightly, there hardly seems anything worth reading, let alone replying to, the subjects have got abit boring and predicable, what cars do players drive , best away match, best goal, worst haircut, etc etc, does it mean that alot of people have just given up on the season, and can't be bothered? :Sleep12:

Are you being serious, we are in a relegation dog fight. Not a play off push :doh:

Wow. Fancy using full stops?

Personally for me, topics that start off saying one thing, then cover about four different topics in a ramble make this forum hard work.

But your right, it wont be far to Cardiff in May.

the subjects have got abit boring and predicable, what cars do players drive , best away match, best goal, worst haircut, etc etc, does it mean that alot of people have just given up on the season, and can't be bothered? :Sleep12:

I don't believe it - I missed the worst haircut thread!! I'll start it again in a couple of weeks, no one'll notice.

seriously though, if we had made them I would be gutted to be going to Cardiff again, can't stand the place, nightmare to get in and out of, but yes the ground is good.

personally I want to be one of the first to go to the next wembley......ahhh! wait! wonder if the boss of the builders is a City fan and is dragging it out till we can make a play off place!

Are you being serious, we are in a relegation dog fight. Not a play off push :doh:

oh, sorry didn't notice, have to try and start going down more often, if thats the case, and it's relegation not promotion perhaps it's time for a change of manager! wilson out I say.

Wow. Fancy using full stops?

Personally for me, topics that start off saying one thing, then cover about four different topics in a ramble make this forum hard work.

But your right, it wont be far to Cardiff in May.

and that's another reason, too many people go on correcting other poeples grammer, spelling etc, how sad

and that's another reason, too many people go on correcting other poeples grammer, spelling etc, how sad

Ah, there I was thinking a whole thread on how there hardly seems anything worth reading, let alone replying to was slightly Napoleon Dynamite.

Apologies for trying to make your post more readable, as I stopped reading it halfway through.

Guest Harvey9

oh, sorry didn't notice, have to try and start going down more often, if thats the case, and it's relegation not promotion perhaps it's time for a change of manager! wilson out I say.

don't have a clue what you said in the first bit :blink: . The second bit i agree with, if you can understand what someone means then why pick at them?

If the spelling was bad and you totally couldn't read it then fair enough but it was just a few commas mate

Fact is, if we are discussing why there isnt much on here to read, maybe its because the good forum users who sparked a debate have been so put off by "just a few commas mate", text speak, poor punctuation and haircut threads - that they don't post anymore.

Thus meaning more frustrating threads that don't make sense and nobody replies to.

The Bristol City Forum - the forum to discuss how poor the forum is.

Fact is, if we are discussing why there isnt much on here to read, maybe its because the good forum users who sparked a debate have been so put off by "just a few commas mate", text speak, poor punctuation and haircut threads - that they don't post anymore.

Thus meaning more frustrating threads that don't make sense and nobody replies to.

so you now admit that they are commas, and not full stops, got that wrong didn't you! if you are going to post on here, make sure that everything is correct!

ps notice that you are on another topic having a go at someone else, (superfan)

Sprout jumped on my thread the other day criticizing my smiley saying it was arrogent or somthing, didnt say anything about the content of my post, just made a petty remark about my use of the smily, it took me ages to write that post, I hardly ever post new threads becuase i'm scared of exactly what happened, people cant wait to be the first to jump on and take the pee :crying:

seriously though, if we had made them I would be gutted to be going to Cardiff again, can't stand the place, nightmare to get in and out of, but yes the ground is good.

personally I want to be one of the first to go to the next wembley......ahhh! wait! wonder if the boss of the builders is a City fan and is dragging it out till we can make a play off place!

Following the cancellation of the FA Cup as the new Wembley's showpiece opening ceremony, I would've thought the next event to be held there is more likely to be the Community Shield or an England game - can't really see City making either of those...!

I think it would be highly unlikely the showpiece opening would be a third division play-off match between, say, Swansea and Bristol City. But I could be wrong...

Sprout jumped on my thread the other day criticizing my smiley saying it was arrogent or somthing, didnt say anything about the content of my post, just made a petty remark about my use of the smily, it took me ages to write that post, I hardly ever post new threads becuase i'm scared of exactly what happened, people cant wait to be the first to jump on and take the pee

Then surely the comment isnt worth worrying about? Take no notice of the petty remarks. Time wasters xx

Sprout jumped on my thread the other day criticizing my smiley saying it was arrogent or somthing, didnt say anything about the content of my post, just made a petty remark about my use of the smily, it took me ages to write that post, I hardly ever post new threads becuase i'm scared of exactly what happened, people cant wait to be the first to jump on and take the pee :crying:

Awww in't he cute an' sensitive

Sprout jumped on my thread the other day criticizing my smiley saying it was arrogent or somthing, didnt say anything about the content of my post, just made a petty remark about my use of the smily, it took me ages to write that post, I hardly ever post new threads becuase i'm scared of exactly what happened, people cant wait to be the first to jump on and take the pee

Then surely the comment isnt worth worrying about? Take no notice of the petty remarks. Time wasters xx

Yeps your right no point getting all upset, ironicly though my thread was about this forum and the problems we have with in understanding each other and their posts, what i mean is its hard to convey yourself in a post so everyone reading knows exactly how you feel, some people are cheeky by nature, thats fine, but on a forum it may come across as very antagonistic, which is a shame really. :blush:

Yeps your right no point getting all upset, ironicly though my thread was about this forum and the problems we have with in understanding each other and their posts, what i mean is its hard to convey yourself in a post so everyone reading knows exactly how you feel, some people are cheeky by nature, thats fine, but on a forum it may come across as very antagonistic, which is a shame really. :blush:

I'll be honest, smileys annoy me :@ , but it's what's being written that's important. Spelling mistakes and bad grammar are fine if it's a genuine mistake but text talk's bad enough on phones let alone on here.

Very good point Mr Cider. A lot of communication is lost behind intention and false interpretation, something that everyone should bare in mind whilst going through two dimensional forms of communication such as forums. This is one reason for 'mis-communication' and results in intention's being misread and therefore in what is something of a pessimistic response as the reader is left in doubt to the meaning (negative connotation) which leads to the readers own interpretation (not the one intended by author). Therefore, to complain about something as minor as puntuation seems somewhat over the top when enough people struggle with expression of emotion let alone with these silly formalities that wouldn't look out of place in an essay. On that note, who comes on here for enterainment? And who enjoys writing essays?

Very good point Mr Cider. A lot of communication is lost behind intention and false interpretation, something that everyone should bare in mind whilst going through two dimensional forms of communication such as forums. This is one reason for 'mis-communication' and results in intention's being misread and therefore in what is something of a pessimistic response as the reader is left in doubt to the meaning (negative connotation) which leads to the readers own interpretation (not the one intended by author). Therefore, to complain about something as minor as puntuation seems somewhat over the top when enough people struggle with expression of emotion let alone with these silly formalities that wouldn't look out of place in an essay. On that note, who comes on here for enterainment? And who enjoys writing essays?

My thoughts exactly and put into words better than i'm able to write, this is another thing about forums, reasonably intelligent people (like me :me?: ) who does not have any school education and certainly no qualifications to speak of, who therefore can't spell, can't puntuate, or even have a great vocab can offen get instantly dismissed as an idiot poster simply becuase they are unable to communicate perfectly in English, this is not fair. :(

Don't get me wrong, i'm not looking for sympathy here so forget posting that violin smiley, my education is that of the world i suppose, i've been fortunate enough to have visited many countrys in all continents, half of my life has been spent living in strange and wonderful places far from old blighty, this was an education that was fun and i don't regret it one bit.

If you get the chance to travel then do it, there is a massive and awe inspiring world to be seen out there and its changing,so see it now while you can (safely).

There one think i can say with absolute certainty is you'll never regret traveling and if you have an British Passport you'll be taken good care of in most countrys.

I guess my point is, hmm what is my point? Sorry i've taken this thread way off topic :doh:

Oh yeah, thats it. Judge not lest thou be judged, and get out and see the world! :dance:

Guest DrFaustus

Ah alas good DR your still a million miles away :rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br: :razz:

Ah come on Glos, I'm allowed my fantasies, especially those that can be published on a family website such as this!

so you now admit that they are commas, and not full stops, got that wrong didn't you! if you are going to post on here, make sure that everything is correct!

ps notice that you are on another topic having a go at someone else, (superfan)

Mossey you daft brush - I was responding to the comment below by Harvey 9. In any case, how do I admit they are commas? I was only pointing out that you didnt use a full stop once.

Alright Poppet? No hard feelings eh? Everything is correct and yes, I am a superfan. In relation to me having a go, am I really having a go at you? Aww diddums. You will get over it I'm sure. In relation to the other post, fact that this forum is a popularity contest and everyone tries to outdo everyone else by going to more away games or buying the pencil sharpener I find slightly grating.

don't have a clue what you said in the first bit :blink: . The second bit i agree with, if you can understand what someone means then why pick at them?

If the spelling was bad and you totally couldn't read it then fair enough but it was just a few commas mate

Not far for us lot to travel :)

you might make it - hope u do frankly - gotta improve your consistency though

hardly worth celebrating if, after - how many seasons in div 3 i lost count - , we only make the play offs next season.

Yeah, it does seem like that to me.

1) If people don't have an interest in a thread, why not leave the thread quietly and leave the topic to be descussed by the people who are interested in it?

2) To the people who moan about there not being any interesting topics... Why not start a topic that you're interested in?

1) If people don't have an interest in a thread, why not leave the thread quietly and leave the topic to be descussed by the people who are interested in it?

2)Why not start a topic that you're interested in?

1)In what way is that going to course destruction and unhappiness I ask you? Plus, leaving quietly hardly constitutes atempting a 'funny' does it? failed or otherwise, apart from in that joke about the best way to wake a sleeping baby I s'pose.

2)I'm very shy and have no interests.

3)I give up now.

I am going to bed to escape my misery.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

....insane in the menbrain...('insane in the brain' - Cypress Hill)

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Archived