IGNORED

Three Thoughts On Today's Game

mozo

1. McCammon - Really good home debut. He looked every part a useful League 1 big man. His goal was a nice calm side-footed finish from a Cotterill pass. I think Big Mac has plenty to offer and will appease the fans who were critical of Savage, and takes a lot of pressure of Brooker.

2. Hayter - Stunning goal (25 yards , top corner). On his performance today, he would be well worth signing and I hope we can offer a good enough contract to lure him here in the summer. He was the only class player in the Bournemouth team. His movement and positioning were intelligent, his pace was a problem and he looks like the kind of striker we're missing.

3. Performance - It would be getting carried away to eulogize about the performance too much. The opposition were poor and we had a habit of dropping to their level at times. We used the wind to our advantage first half with good runs and long balls and should have scored at least three in the first half (and nearly paid the price when they snatched the equaliser). The first ten minutes of the 2nd half were very nervy and Brooker's first looked very fortunate from the Atyeo. His second was good though and the best team won. Cotterill, Noble, Fontaine, Big Mac and Woodman all had decent games. Tough game coming up and we need to play better for that one but we should be up for it.

1. McCammon - Really good home debut. He looked every part a useful League 1 big man. His goal was a nice calm side-footed finish from a Cotterill pass. I think Big Mac has plenty to offer and will appease the fans who were critical of Savage, and takes a lot of pressure of Brooker.

I agree, i thought he was very promising and as GJ after, imagine when he gets fully fit!

2. Hayter - Stunning goal (25 yards , top corner). On his performance today, he would be well worth signing and I hope we can offer a good enough contract to lure him here in the summer. He was the only class player in the Bournemouth team. His movement and positioning were intelligent, his pace was a problem and he looks like the kind of striker we're missing.

I think Haytor would be a good signing having seen him on other occasions, however, i thought apart from his goal, he did nothing, so credit to the defence and i suppose it takes a good player to get goals for a team who looked very ordinary.

I was much more impressed by Fontaine.

To be honest, i didnt notice Fontaine that much, but i prefer it that way to noticing him make a massive error which could cost the game. I did notice though that the defence looked much more confident and worked much more as a unit today :)

Guest number14

I agree, i thought he was very promising and as GJ after, imagine when he gets fully fit!

I think Haytor would be a good signing having seen him on other occasions, however, i thought apart from his goal, he did nothing, so credit to the defence and i suppose it takes a good player to get goals for a team who looked very ordinary.

To be honest, i didnt notice Fontaine that much, but i prefer it that way to noticing him make a massive error which could cost the game. I did notice though that the defence looked much more confident and worked much more as a unit today :)

From the person that told you that Hayter was not interested in signing for BCFC in the window (it had nothing to do with the bids, you could have bid whatever you wanted - he wasn't going to come)...another scoop. He's off to the championship in the summer

3. Performance - It would be getting carried away to eulogize about the performance too much. The opposition were poor and we had a habit of dropping to their level at times. We used the wind to our advantage first half with good runs and long balls and should have scored at least three in the first half (and nearly paid the price when they snatched the equaliser). The first ten minutes of the 2nd half were very nervy and Brooker's first looked very fortunate from the Atyeo. His second was good though and the best team won. Cotterill, Noble, Fontaine, Big Mac and Woodman all had decent games. Tough game coming up and we need to play better for that one but we should be up for it.

Thanks for that Mozo old chap. I couldn't make it today, so your thoughts are appreciated.

McCammon looked useful and did keep his head and take his goal well, he also seemed to be quite aware. However his touch wasn't great and he played a few bad balls. I'd want to see how much he improves as he gets fitter and sharper personally. He was certainly a goal threat and was unlucky not to get a second with a good header.

I did find today a pretty surreal match for several reasons. Murray put in a good cross with his LEFT foot. Bradley Orr's distribution was excellent, and he's by far our most improved player this season. Savage's standing still and doing two stepovers before the Bournemouth defender calmly rolled the ball away from him was hilarious. The Bournemouth goal disallowed for offside capped it all off.

Nibor

Apart from the goal Hayter scored albeit a screamer he had very little impact in the game. As Chappers has said i was also very impressed with Fontaine who with Carey had a blinding game at the back. I also thought Carey marshalled the threat of Fletcher very well kept him very quiet.

If Hayter is off to the Championship in the summer i'll take a guess that it will be to Bournemouth's parent club Burnley.

McCammon looked useful and did keep his head and take his goal well, he also seemed to be quite aware. However his touch wasn't great and he played a few bad balls. I'd want to see how much he improves as he gets fitter and sharper personally. He was certainly a goal threat and was unlucky not to get a second with a good header.

I did find today a pretty surreal match for several reasons. Murray put in a good cross with his LEFT foot. Bradley Orr's distribution was excellent, and he's by far our most improved player this season. Savage's standing still and doing two stepovers before the Bournemouth defender calmly rolled the ball away from him was hilarious. The Bournemouth goal disallowed for offside capped it all off.

Nibor

In fairness though, the second stepover that Savage did was pretty useful (certainly better than Downs League standard that he is so often compared to by total retards) and should have resulted in a goal for Scott Brown.

I only got to see the second half (after closing the car door on my four year old son's thumb and taking him to A&E and back home again!!) and I probably missed the best of McCammon who is clearly not yet match fit but looks like he could do a useful job. One player who seems to improving by the game is Skuse who looks far better than he did earlier in the season. It is amazing how the performance of a young player transforms when playing in a more confident team. And Orr was solid again too. Some of his distribution was iffy at times but as anyone who has played football knows, high winds are the worst conditions to play in - they absolutely ruin a game and make passing more difficult. Carey was immense I thought - I cannot believe the transformation in him and if we are quick to give Johnson stick on loan signings etc. then we have to give him credit for Carey's improvement.

Still, a 2-0 win is a good result (did I miss anything in the first half?!!).

P.S. For those of you who care, Marcus Stewart was in the gym today running on the treadmill so I would imagine he will be available for selection soon.

P.S. For those of you who care, Marcus Stewart was in the gym today running on the treadmill so I would imagine he will be available for selection soon.

You big bully you!

Anyway please stop posting these incessant scurrilous unsubstantiated sightings of Marcus Stewart, you'll have everyone believing he's fit soon.

I agree Skuse did well today, he even attacked a header aggressively. In my view Savage does some good things and has improved but not enough to justify a starting place at this level, and certainly not as one of the front two since he so rarely gets into goalscoring positions.

Nibor

Archived