IGNORED

Steve Lansdown Pre-match Forum

Jay

Personally, I found the information regarding Scott Golbourne to be very interesting. £200K + £50K if Reading are promoted + addtional fees based on performance/appearnace & sell-on.

I thought Steve was open & answered all questions thouroughly.

Who else went & what did they make of it?

Guest ashtonyate

Well if you can buy young players like Golbourn for 200k plus add ons why try to produce them he must have cost us nearly that to produce.He was under contract to us and no need to be sold.

Personally, I found the information regarding Scott Golbourne to be very interesting. £200K + £50K if Reading are promoted + addtional fees based on performance/appearnace & sell-on.

I thought Steve was open & answered all questions thouroughly.

Who else went & what did they make of it?

If i was right in what i heard it was between 400-600 dependant on appearances.

I totally agree. Couldnt fault Mr Lansdown and it was all very convincing!

Guest ashtonyate

Why did you not ask that question?

What the point all you would get is the player wanted to go infact, if he is under contract to us its our chose if he goes or not.But the question is still if you can buy top kids for that money why produce them.

If i was right in what i heard it was between 400-600 dependant on appearances.

Agreed - a potential £850K for a player that wasn't featuring much seems like a fair deal to me.

Also, 'fair play' to the student who asked Steve about his season ticket price. He wanted to know whether the price was going back down again (as it had doubled in price to help cover the cost of the stand that is not being built).

Well if you can buy young players like Golbourn for 200k plus add ons why try to produce them he must have cost us nearly that to produce.He was under contract to us and no need to be sold.

If the kid wanted to go, what else could we have done other than get the best price?

Come on Ashton, let's hear what you would have done to keep him?

Also, 'fair play' to the student who asked Steve about his season ticket price. He wanted to know whether the price was going back down again (as it had doubled in price to help cover the cost of the stand that is not being built).

That was my mate!

Steve L was well and truly stumped to be fair. They doubled the price of student season ticket prices this season to supposedly raise funds for the new stand - so now the stand isn't going ahead............????

I would accept a 20% reduction in the price of my season ticket for next season and we shall be writing to Mr Lansdown suggesting that this happens - otherwise he may lose a few season tickets.

What the point all you would get is the player wanted to go infact, if he is under contract to us its our chose if he goes or not.But the question is still if you can buy top kids for that money why produce them.

Did you get any education as a child? Because you seem absolutely hell bent on preventing some of these lads one, amongst other things..

Because we can't buy them for that money because we don't have that money...Reading have that money...we have enough money to get the likes of Savage et al...unless we sell some of the players that we bring through...

And on what planet do you really expect it cost close to £200 grand to put hime through 2 1/2 years of an academy education?? It hardly costs that for a bloody fighter pilot..

:@ :@ :@ :@

The academy costs around £200k (from memory) a year to run, in the past year Golbourne, Lita, Cotterill, Skuse and Anyinsah have come out of there.

£200k/5 = £40k.

That's a 400% profit we made off him then - and don't forget some of the £200k spent last year went to up-and-coming talents, so we made more than 400% profit in reality :)

hello. here I am behind my PC. I sang sack the board today, like I have done for a couple of weeks. I will stop when I see improvements. Bye

I take it you're selectively blind then :yawn:

It went on for an hour and a half so theres not really a short answer to that, it was filmed though, so we will hopefully be doing something with that.

....and that we will! Video is being converted, split in to sections and will appear on the Supporters Trust home page in the next day or two.

The footage is around 75-80 minutes long & needs to be broken down so that people don't have to trawl through one long, continuous piece of film. :pinch:

The two interesting one's was his reaction to whether Bridges has a sell-on clause he replied "no, and he won't go anywhere!!" not sure what he meant

And that there will be three more academy kids given contracts soon I think it will be Artus, Wilson and Klein-Davis.

Overall he came across well and most of the feedback was positive

hello. here I am behind my PC. I sang sack the board today, like I have done for a couple of weeks. I will stop when I see improvements. Bye

Heard you if that was you in with the subbers. Quite an inappropriate outburst.

More or less lone voice though and i'm not surprised.

SL was very convincing today in his Open Forum and despite the fact he has made mistakes left the overwhelming impression thay we are lucky to have him.

Those who went, and listened, will be far slower to condemn in future.

Archived