IGNORED

Phillips - Half Time Today

Cardy

I got to say that I thought this guy had turned the corner but I now really fear he is only here to see out his testimonial. I remember the other week he said in the press that he wasn't ready to replace Basso when he got injured and that it took him 20 mins to get into the game. Well at half time today Phillips was a disgrace, he was warming up with the outfield players with his hands in his pockets and really looked like he couldn't be arsed !! Sort it out Phillips.

I got to say that I thought this guy had turned the corner but I now really fear he is only here to see out his testimonial. I remember the other week he said in the press that he wasn't ready to replace Basso when he got injured and that it took him 20 mins to get into the game. Well at half time today Phillips was a disgrace, he was warming up with the outfield players with his hands in his pockets and really looked like he couldn't be arsed !! Sort it out Phillips.

Yea I noticed that said the same thing to my mate next to me, needs to buck his ideas up and quick, Think the only part of his testimonial I'll be going to will be to see Jacki back in a city shirt again. Ohh to see him skin Hollowhead and make him look the sad Gas head he is. :chant6ez::chant6ez::city:

I did quote earlier that before the game he was just messing about not even warming up just looking at his gloves and looking around the stadium for his old dear!

If he did have to come on at early parts of the game or at anytime in fact, he would be ferkin useless!

Cheero

Go soon or fear a huge backlash from people! :handbags:

After what I saw today he can sod his testimonial - Jackie or no Jackie. The guy was just so unprofessional it was a joke. If he acts like that in training then I can see why GJ picks Basso everytime. I really hope we offload him in the summer.

Ability-wise, I don't think there's much between the two of them, if anything I'd say Phillips' all round game is probably better (but that's a different argument completley), but his attitude since being dropped has been disgraceful for a so-called senior professional. On the few games I've seen, he's looked completley disinterested during the warm-up and half time, and appears to show little, if any, support or encouragement towards Basso.

Of course it will have been hard for him to lose his place, especially after being undisputed first choice for several seasons, but he doesn't appear willing to fight for his place. He'll almost certainly be gone in the summer, and it wouldn't surprise me if Abbey was on the bench for the rest of the season.

Yea I noticed that said the same thing to my mate next to me, needs to buck his ideas up and quick, Think the only part of his testimonial I'll be going to will be to see Jacki back in a city shirt again. Ohh to see him skin Hollowhead and make him look the sad Gas head he is. :chant6ez::chant6ez::city:

no chance, i will bet money, ollie is in training now, kust to clatter a few of the auld enemy! it may be a testimonial, it may be a 'freindly' but our ollie will take no prisioners!!

Bring it on! the cult legend will be the consumate gashead he always was!

(I cannot wait to see him line up against a city team again! all this talk of jacki and so on, ollie will destroy!)

((Blame Desperados for the talk i say, it took me 10 minutes to write this coherently!))

I think when Phillips was named in the 2nd division team of the season it went to his head, he's not as good as he thinks he is. He's just had it to easy over the past few seasons, no compitition. He hasnt got the right attitude for Johnsons team so i think he'll be gone in the summer, wont be missed to much in all honesty, that sort of atitude problem teams can do without. Would rather have Baso, he just looks delighted to be playing first team footy!

For christ sake ..

What on earth is he going to do at half time ? Get between the sticks and dive around mercilessly ?

I certainly havent seen ANY reserve keeper do that.

All he can do is have light kickabout.

Oh and I must point out at 10 mins before kick off he was smiling happily sighning autographs for kids.

Just for once shut the **** up and get off the blokes back.

no chance, i will bet money, ollie is in training now, kust to clatter a few of the auld enemy! it may be a testimonial, it may be a 'freindly' but our ollie will take no prisioners!!

Bring it on! the cult legend will be the consumate gashead he always was!

(I cannot wait to see him line up against a city team again! all this talk of jacki and so on, ollie will destroy!)

((Blame Desperados for the talk i say, it took me 10 minutes to write this coherently!))

typical gas talking s... :@

You people who say that phillips shows no interest in the club, should go and watch the reserve matches, he has been brilliant in every game he has played,or do you just watch first team matches? Phillips is city through and through thats why he has been at the club for ten years and played over three hundred games.Give him a break for once ten years service and you discount all that because he has his hands in his pockets at half time thats what i call a a little bit trivial perhaps he ought to do a few hand stands at half time. Better not though the same people will say he is a big head then.

ah right is he is GK and needs to keep his hand warm?? or is it just BS

For christ sake ..

What on earth is he going to do at half time ? Get between the sticks and dive around mercilessly ?

Oh and I must point out at 10 mins before kick off he was smiling happily sighning autographs for kids.

Give it a rest Stu. don't you know that Phillips is public enemy number 1? Look, if you cant keep up to date on the latest boo boy targets then don't come on here. :whistle:

What Phillips should of been doing was diving around as if his life depended on it, then get injured. Then everyone could slag him off for that.

Give it a rest Stu. don't you know that Phillips is public enemy number 1? Look, if you cant keep up to date on the latest boo boy targets then don't come on here. :whistle:

What Phillips should of been doing was diving around as if his life depended on it, then get injured. Then everyone could slag him off for that.

No-one is saying that he should be 'diving around' as you put it, but if you can honestly say that he looked in anyway professional at half time on Saturday then you must have been at a different game. His attitude and body language were an absolute disgrace.

No-one is saying that he should be 'diving around' as you put it, but if you can honestly say that he looked in anyway professional at half time on Saturday then you must have been at a different game. His attitude and body language were an absolute disgrace.

What exactly was a disgrace ?

Are you by any chance a psychologist with the gift of being able to read "Body language" ?

For christ sake ..

But S Red he still a paid B City pro.........these kids notice things like that, I'm not knocking him as a keeper but he,s in the public eye. He must show he,s a pro weather he plays or not mate

Tell you what, instead of the bleached blond mimer, give him the Mike and he can perform a couple of songs. Will that be better???? The Tremeloes 'Call Me Number One' perhaps, or Engelberts 'Please Release Me'. Skippy can do 'Waltzing Matilda' and Bas can do 'Send In The Clowns'.

Tell you what, instead of the bleached blond mimer, give him the Mike and he can perform a couple of songs. Will that be better???? The Tremeloes 'Call Me Number One' perhaps, or Engelberts 'Please Release Me'. Skippy can do 'Waltzing Matilda' and Bas can do 'Send In The Clowns'.

Yeah and we can all have a :dance: while wer'e at it.

IMO Steve Phillips will leave BCFC this summer and that is why he has arranged his testimonial game before next seasons pre-season.

BCAGFC

I'm sorry if I am speaking out of turn, but that's when Testimonial matches are played. It's like saying that you saw him shopping the other week at the mall and because he forgot to put his smiling face on for 10 seconds, it means he's off in the summer - must be unhappy.

Nice "Barrel-Scraping" by the way. Should be in politics. :rofl2br:

Archived