IGNORED

Is Nottingham Forest Our Biggest Bogey

RedZepperin

I can't personally recall City ever beating Forest so I have just trawled through the stats on Soccerbase and as far as I can work out, the last time we beat this lot was on April 12th 1974. 32 years ago.

:(

Is this a record?

How many times have we played them in the league since 1974? not many and as Paul C says its overdue. I got it down for 2-0 to the City. I got 7 of the league 1 results correct on saturday so i reckon i am going to stay on the good side of luck. :englandsmile4wf: Forest without Gary Birtles are like a car with only 2 cylinders - on saturday they only needed 2 cos it was Swindle :rofl2br: who are going down. :D

I can't personally recall City ever beating Forest so I have just trawled through the stats on Soccerbase and as far as I can work out, the last time we beat this lot was on April 12th 1974. 32 years ago.

:(

Is this a record?

I can remember playing Crewe at home when we drew 2-2 and remember they said we hadnt beaten them since 1905 or something like that. Records are to be broken and we usually break one every season. Remember Notts County away our first win there since 1987!!!

How many times have we played them in the league since 1974?

I believe that when we got to the First Division, we managed to beat every team there at some stage during those four seasons except Nottingham Forest. Since then, in league and cup (playing them on a less frequent basis) we have never beaten them either.

We've gone 22 games in a row without beating them.

Forest with Birtles and Woodcock up front, one of the best sides I have ever seen at the Gate.

My memory could be playing tricks on me, but I thought that Kevin Mabbutt scored a hat trick against Shilton at some point ? (Yes, I know he scored one at Old Trafford as well).

If so, this must have been after 1974.

...........Saturday 14th December, 1974, when a certain Mr P Cheesley scored a cracking volley in a 1-0 home victory, attended by 10,006 fans. (see www.citystats.org.uk)

Barry White was at number 1 in the charts with the poptastic, 'You're The First The Last My Everything'.

On a serious note, the Provisional IRA were continuing to terrorise Londoners, during the early stages of what became a 14 month bombing campaign.

...........Saturday 14th December, 1974, when a certain Mr P Cheesley scored a cracking volley in a 1-0 home victory, attended by 10,006 fans. (see www.citystats.org.uk)

Barry White was at number 1 in the charts with the poptastic, 'You're The First The Last My Everything'.

On a serious note, the Provisional IRA were continuing to terrorise Londoners, during the early stages of what became a 14 month bombing campaign.

All very interesting!

You don't say!

Guest Forest for life

I never knew him personally but Friar wasnt the booze fuelled priest the media has made him out to be. He was a man for the poor and is nearly as famous as Robin Hood in Nottingham. The most famous clothman in the country behind maybe the Archbishop.

I never knew him personally but Friar wasnt the booze fuelled priest the media has made him out to be. He was a man for the poor and is nearly as famous as Robin Hood in Nottingham. The most famous clothman in the country behind maybe the Archbishop.

Heh, and Charles Kennedy who has obviously done a lot for the religious movements of late.

Famous names in Nottingham really ends when you get to Clough and Jermaine Dupri. Classy bunch though.

St Anns (STANS) is beautiful.

Guest Forest for life

The whole St Anns, Meadows thing has been fuelled up by the media too. Everywhere has its fair share of trouble - there was a shooting in Bristol only last week. Knowle and Hartcliffe aren't exactly upmarket either.

The whole St Anns, Meadows thing has been fuelled up by the media too. Everywhere has its fair share of trouble - there was a shooting in Bristol only last week. Knowle and Hartcliffe aren't exactly upmarket either.

A couple of years ago I was walking through Stans at about 1am to go to a DnB night and my friend and I got chased and shot at (doubt it was aimed at me but a gun/bang went off). That's never happened to me in Bristol, Manchester or even in the frickin' Bronx.

Guest Forest for life

I'm not going to deny theres chav like gangsters that are like rats at night in St Anns because there are. But everywhere has those types if you go out in rough areas of Liverpool, Manchester etc etc you'll find trouble. Its the labour goverment's fault they haven't dealt with it at all.

I'm not going to deny theres chav like gangsters that are like rats at night in St Anns because there are. But everywhere has those types if you go out in rough areas of Liverpool, Manchester etc etc you'll find trouble. Its the labour goverment's fault they haven't dealt with it at all.

Well as long as we've got a scapegoat I'm happy.

I seem to remember Jimmy Mann beating Shilton with a hell of a shot (some 36 yards out as measured by groundsmans grass stripes). It certainly in the 70's. I was right behind it in the Williams. Midweek match I think.

Is that really the last time we beat them?

That Jimmy Mann thunderbolt was in September 1979 when we drew 1-1.

Looking at the head-to head stats we have beaten them only 3 times in competitive games since 1921 (honours were fairly even before then).

That would be 3 wins in 49 attempts. They did the double over us in our promotion season of 1975-76 even though we were brilliant that season and they ended up mid table. Now that's what I call a bogey team.

Can we make it 4 wins out of 50 on Saturday?

Archived