IGNORED

"our Season Starts Here"

Red Cloud

• Admin

"our Season Starts Here" - Another ill thought out comment, I paid for a season ticket that started on August 9th, have I a case to sue for a refund for the first eight games.

The personnel at the club are issuing bold statements and then the display on the pitch is miserably failing to match them.

Last season it was my belief that we achieved a playoff place in spite of Wilsons management, not because of it and I cannot see him turning this around, his track record backs this up!!

If your a true city supporter then get behind them 110%. we are still in touching distance of the top teams. the league is very close this year.

We cant rely on the players to lift the fans but we should get behind Danny and the boys and try and raise there games.

:Costumed19: COME-ON-YOU-REDS

If we start giving up and people start slagging off the players then surely it will knock the players morale and confidence.

Cidersam

theres a fine line between fantasy & reality!

Getting behind the team is one thing but when we consistantly (more often than not anyway!), put in abysmal performances, show no passion, flair or interest (Tinnion aside of course!), it's hard to believe in team that doesn't believe in itself!

4 seasons now of hope, unbelievable support (8,000+ ST's showing our famous fickleness!), & the enevitable let down, yep it's ONLY a 1/3 through the season but there is NO light at the end of the tunnel - a 1/2, 3/4 of the way through we'll be hearing the same of sh*#!

Cider Sam's opptomisim is to be applauded BUT you have to face reality if we are going to produce the run of results that you believe will happen then a major upturn in performance is required.

Luton had conceeded 10 goals in their previous two away games and despite a fair degree of secound half pressure clear scoring chances were at a premium. That is the consistanct form that City have shown this season.

It's been said several times previously on this forum the only reason city are in touching distance is the shocking quality of Division two.

I would also add it's because fans are behind and totally support Bristol City FC that they speak out when in blantantly clear that performances are not up to scratch. The easy way is to sit back and do nothing and have a witch hunt when it's to late and another season goes begging.

This football club is the envy of the majority of this division, it's board of directors have had unparalled support from the stands with record season ticket sales.

Bristol City is not a social club providing a place to sit down and have a pint with your mates on a Saturday afternoon, it's a professional football club in the business of winning football matches!

• Admin
If your a true city supporter then get behind them 110%.

Thanks for the tip, I have been a 'true' supporter since 1967, I've been to the highs of the first (now Prem) days to the lows of the 4th division and the current seasons displays are now approaching the some of the dark days.

What is there to be optimistic about? Tinman, Burnell, Hill and Peacock worked hard, that leaves six not up to standard and Peacocks work was all in the wrong areas of the pitch - not his fault, his team mates once again giving him a less than satisfactory service.

It would appear that motivation and tactics are the problem amd for that, there is only one place for the buck to stop........

Whilst at the game, I certainly do support the team, not resorting to booing or shouting abuse at individual players (or even the Manager), but using the freedom of speech available in this country, feel justified in expressing my concerns via this forum.

Over the last 30/40 years there have been times when 'something' dosen't feel right, sometimes it has been player v player conflicts that subsequently came to light or player v manager conflicts, those who have the same (or longer) time following City will confirm this. Unfortunately the current 'feeling' about the club is approaching, if not in one of these periods and if there is a behind the scenes problem, it needs sorting and fast.

Maybe if we can get the win that we so desperately need at Bradford Park Avenue this upcoming Sunday, we may start to continue winning league games again.

IMHO I don't think it matters who the opposition are this weekend, but it's the result that counts, and even if it means narrowly defeating a Unibond Premier side, I still think it could be City's turning point in the way things develop in our league games.

Come on City! Turn it all around this Sunday! :(

• Admin
Maybe if we can get the win that we so desperately need at Bradford Park Avenue this upcoming Sunday, we may start to continue winning league games again.

IMHO I don't think it matters who the opposition are this weekend, but it's the result that counts, and even if it means narrowly defeating a Unibond Premier side, I still think it could be City's turning point in the way things develop in our league games.

Come on City! Turn it all around this Sunday!  :(

I wish nearly 40 years, of mainly disappointment, hadn't knocked most of the optimisim out of me....... it must be lovely to be able to post that and believe it.

Unfortunately the scene is being set, for a repeat performance of underachieving seasons, seen at Ashton Gate many times in the past.

Archived