IGNORED

Any Readers Here?

mozo

Heh yes I have.

I did creative writing at uni (well I got pished for 3 years) and that was generally the end product, it's a comedy and they fudge a lot of things up. I'm getting through a few episodes although I'm only sending out the first/pilot episode.

Heh yes I have.

I did creative writing at uni (well I got pished for 3 years) and that was generally the end product, it's a comedy and they fudge a lot of things up. I'm getting through a few episodes although I'm only sending out the first/pilot episode.

Goodluck with it. xx

I'm going to need a lot more than luck :unsure:

Anyone got any talent I can borrow?

Good for you for doing it. You've got an audience here to check your ideas by if you need it. So long as it's better that My Family you're on to a winner bud.

No, Bristolian builders. He's good at the contextualised national dialect thing.

Ah, that'll be where you're going wrong. Bristolians don't appear in the national "culture". If you'd scripted jolly cockneys or effervescent scousers you'd be writing depressing sotrylines for East Enders by now.

where it is going.

Not so sure about that. Marx is much maligned by people who have never read him, but he does provide many profound insights in Das Kapital.

He's definitely worth the visit, but ulitmately incorrect in my opinion. ;)

Good for you for doing it. You've got an audience here to check your ideas by if you need it. So long as it's better that My Family you're on to a winner bud.

Seconded Barry... Fair play to you mate... Any writer who can 'complete' something get's my utmost respect!

If you want any proofreaders or opinions just let me know...

Thanks for that chaps and chapesses, but back to the original thread eh?

I read a bit of Sun Tsu each night, best book in the world ever ever have probably read it 30 times.

Marx is a person who i don't agree with his ideologies are very limited and I've never taken the time to read him (outside of uni as that was plenty).

So, I'm reading In Cold Blood right now, Truman Capote's classic non-fiction novel, after a hundred pages it's going down well. Has anyone read it? Any thoughts on Capote (I quite like his long sentences)?

As for Marx, I never read Das Kapital and haven't read the Commie Manifesto for about five years. Can't remember much of it but I recall agreeing with a lot of it.

A lot of people frown upon biorgraphies but I've read loads.

I've read that Howard Marks one,. Bill Hicks, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, and other randoms.

**** a lot of people.

Bill Hicks offered the world far far more than the average. HENDRIX - I think the word ''Genious'' needs to be applied. JimmyM - bit of a **** imo.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

You know you're a sweet little heat breaker,Foxy, I wanna take you home, I won't do you no harm....ooh, foxy lady.... ('Foxey Lady' - Jimmy Hendrix)

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

**** a lot of people.

Bill Hicks offered the world far far more than the average. HENDRIX - I think the word ''Genious'' needs to be applied. JimmyM - bit of a **** imo.

You know you're a sweet little heat breaker,Foxy, I wanna take you home, I won't do you no harm....ooh, foxy lady.... ('Foxey Lady' - Jimmy Hendrix)

Ronnie O'Sullivan's was funnier than I expected, it's all about how he was addicted to weed throughout his career (hence his visit of Bristol courts I seem to remember).

I've got Peter Cook's biography that I haven't read yet but should be interesting.

Plus I still haven't read Atyeo: The Hero Next Door. That'll be good.

Guest revkev

Roger McGough's autobiography is excellent, and if you want blood curdling (and occasionally stomach churning) crime thrillers look no further than Val McDermit.

Make a change from high brow theology.

2. The Bible :blink::blink:

Interesting that the bible is listed with other works of fiction?! :shutup:

It does seem to be able to get a kind of deep psychological hold on people. I liked the books of Poverbs and Ecclesiastes best. Bit sceptical of the truth behind the gospels, this JesusC chap seemed like a fairly reasonable fella though. Slightly desterbed by Revelations.

I'm sorry but I have some very contraversial views of that fraudulent (-unt. He should die he did not write any of that drivel and I cannot beleive how fickel the modern day reader has become. If I had one bullet, it would be from me to him.

No, no and no.

WTFIGO WTF? Very entertaining read. Completely lost though. I have a friend called Eyebrow. Maybe we can compare stories over some marinated catapillars and mulled wine?

Old Sigmund did strike me as somebody that certain characters in 'One Flew Over The Cookoos Nest' were based on. Think the shooting of him may be slightly harsh though. Just a crazed theorest after all, are't we all though?

Just been out on a very fruitful catapillar hunt so if you can provide the mulled wine then its game on mate.

EDIT:I'm sorry, I rushed in deceived by the word Fraudulent thinking you were referring to Freudian (c word) so ignore the Freud comment as it is completely innapropriate. You could apply it to Dan Brown (or what ever his name is?) though if you like. I have it on fairly good authorety that none of his ideas are his own and he's just a cheeky little plageristic bar-steward.

I'll tell what the best football biography I've read is - 'Garrincha'.

Garrincha was a 1950s Brazilian wing-wizard who was born in an impoverished shanty town. From birth he had crooked legs and doctors expected him to be crippled all his life, yet somehow he could dribble the ball like no other player in Brazil. He had outstanding pace and unparalelled trickery and was unstoppable down the right wing. He was an extremely selfish player and his favourite thing to do was to beat a player, leaving them on their arse, then wait for them to get up and get back in position so that he could beat them again!

He was notoriously thick and easily led and for most of his career had terrible alcohol addiction. Amusingly, he was also, although not a looker like George Best was, extremely well-hung and his thirst for sex was unquenchable. I'd imagine he out-sh@gged the brits from the 70s by a long margine.

I think he played for Botofogo and was part of the national teams of the 50s. Pele was coming though when Garrincha was in his prime, and attributed a lot of his success to his friend with the freakish legs.

I have heard of this dude, he certainly sounds like a card from what you're describing. Can't beat a good old fashioned nutcase in my eyes. Did you here about Faustino Asprilla fireing bullets into the sky in order to 'ligten things up' at Newcastles training ground? You've got to love the bloke.

Heh yes I have.

Have been tinkering with the idea of writing myself. I'd like to try and combine thought provoking insights with wit and base it around certain characters in my life. Might call it something like 'This crazy bar-steward world' or 'The People You Meet'. Done enough research - just over 24 years to be precise and as you may well have noticed have been blessed with a fairly parculiar imagination.

I'm going to need a lot more than luck :unsure:

Anyone got any talent I can borrow?

Robbie Keanes just scored a rather good goal, try and see if he'll lend you any. Failing that just try and believe in yourself isn't it?

Tom Sharpe, David Lodge and many others.

Err...that's it.

Ello BigBoy. Met a bloke that knows you the other day. Says my perception of you that I have gathered from this forum isn't to unaccurate.

'Same old Doctor - Taking the p1$$!'

Same old Doctor - Taking the p1$$'

Ronnie O'Sullivan's was funnier than I expected, it's all about how he was addicted to weed throughout his career (hence his visit of Bristol courts I seem to remember).

I've got Peter Cook's biography that I haven't read yet but should be interesting.

Plus I still haven't read Atyeo: The Hero Next Door. That'll be good.

Always been a big fan of young Ronald, and John Atyeo for that matter.

That Seattle post was s'pose to be quoted as well btw, wish I'd spoken to the poster a few months ago as I had to write an essay on the global justice movement and got an embaressingly crap mark for it.

Anyway, could blabber on and on and on about nothing in particular all day but unfortunatly have to go and do slightly more useful things.

Tada

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

...we've got a groovy thing going baby, got a groovy thing....('Groovy Thing' - Simon & Garfunkel)

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Old Sigmund did strike me as somebody that certain characters in 'One Flew Over The Cookoos Nest' were based on. Think the shooting of him may be slightly harsh though. Just a crazed theorest after all, are't we all though?

Just been out on a very fruitful catapillar hunt so if you can provide the mulled wine then its game on mate.

:blink:

Catapillars have a very limited shelf life so I'm affraid to say that whilst my mulled wine is happy and drunk, your catapillars will be dead, untasty and dust collecting. Which is a shame. We'll have to brush up on the catapillar ettiquette skills over the next few weeks.

Oh, the other thing, someone shot Freud? Our Sigmund? Had no idea! When did that happen and do the police know? We'll get them for you Sigmund, we'll get them :crying:

Dan Brown did strike me (couldn't you sue?) as somebody that certain characters in 'One Flew Over The Cookoos Nest' were based on. Think the shooting of him may be slightly harsh though (deserved!). Just a crazed theorest after all, are't we all though? I have it on fairly good authorety that none of his ideas are his own and he's just a cheeky little plageristic bar-steward ****.

Agreed.

Have been tinkering with the idea of writing myself. I'd like to try and combine thought provoking insights with wit and base it around certain characters in my life. Might call it something like 'This crazy bar-steward world' or 'The People You Meet'. Done enough research - just over 24 years to be precise and as you may well have noticed have been blessed with a fairly parculiar imagination.

Yeh, thanks and all, but we have a full quota of writers at the moment and we don't want any more of your type. Heh.

...we've got a groovy thing going baby, got a groovy thing....('Groovy Thing' - Simon & Garfunkel)

Is that copywrited cos if not I might copy you except to put in random Partridge quotes... Will you sue?

Generally stick to history books, for fiction i really enjoy reading Iain M Banks, great science fiction author. Has an incredible imagination and his development of characters especially the machine characters is stunning. Also his aliens are very, very odd, a strange man indeed. But a cracking writer, once i pick one of his books up i can rarely put it down and usually finish them in a few days.

Also quite like clancy books for the cool war **** that happens in them.

Archived