IGNORED

Coulda Woulda Shoulda

mozo

Coulda...beat them because they weren't half as good as I expected. They were very the away team, allowing us most of the possession and keeping it tight.

Their back four was rigid but effective and Holt & Tyson were professionally dealt with by Carey & Fontaine (both of whom were first rate).

Skuse and Russell were much more imposing than they have been in some games and really snuffed out the creative Forest players.

Southern going off injured was a plus for us, shame we didn't capitalise. They looked far too ordinary to go 1-0 up and it took a good goal for us to equalise.

Woulda...had a better chance of winning had we had a proper goalscorer causing their defence problems. Other than a few nice touches, Savage didn't impose himself in the way that McCammon did and nothing seemed to come off for Brooker or Cotterill. Sterwart came on for 35 mins but didn't do owt to really excite (the usual nice touches of course, and he probably should have started).

Shoulda...Kept a clean sheet, one defensive lapse cost us. It was a very nice finish but the Forest lad was unmarked.

And we shoulda made more of the late chances we had.

So...Forest were beatable, but it was good to see that City were by far the better team, at times were sloppy and frustrating, but at times played lovely football.

I don't know if I qualify to make comments about footballing matters, but I thought a draw was fair, if anyone was to win then it shoulda been us, but they did have that one of the bar at the end of the first half.

Couldn't see if our goal was offside, but the general feeling's from the City fans were that it wasn't.

I'd take a draw, especially after going 1-0 down, not so long ago we woulda folded and gone on to lose heavily. It shows good spirit to come fighting back.

Coulda won it near the end.

Overall, I'm happy with a draw. :city:

Guest alex1089

I think we had the better chances and should of made more of them, a draw is a good result though and again we looked very very solid! Good tactical change for GJ to bring on Wilks and make it a 3-5-2, also Stewart did well and he should just keep plugging away.

Guest Forest for life

I wouldnt say City were the better team in the first half. We created some fantastic chances not least the one that came down off the bar, onto the keeper who managed to keep it from going over the line. Perchys goal was against the run of play and City really came at us second half which was inevitable and with all the pressure a goal was always going to arrive. Tyson wasnt supported well enough by our midfield who defended too deep at times. That's the best i've seen our centre backs play all season Wes Morgan was immense. Overall a fair result with each side having their half of the game.

Archived