IGNORED

Bas Savage

mightyreds89

Today was a very very good game and I am cofident about the future under Johnson.

Stewert tried hard when he cam on and looked good but obviously lacking match fitness!

I just cannot understand how Bas Savage plays for this club he is comedy value but I don't pay my season ticket money for comedy! I would never boo or discourage him whilst he wears the red shirt.

However he is appaling and is an embaressment to us for opposing fans! I also wanna see Phillips back in goal am I the only one you thnks Basso is a far worse kicker and catcher than Phillips!

I agree with your comments on Bas Savage, he is appalling at this level.

But Basso pulled out some awsome stops today mate? Although his kicking is inconsistent, some of the saves he made, made up for it, and kept us in the game.

I thought Bas was fine, again he did his work outside the box well and really didn't think that Stewart's touches were any better than anything Bas offered. But so many people have clearly made their minds about him that these type of post's are futile.

Guest Harvey9

In fairness, Basso just makes saves look harder than they are for the crowd. I would like to see Phillips back between the sticks. Also thought Stewart was good when he came on, hopefully he will start next game.

In fairness, Basso just makes saves look harder than they are for the crowd. I would like to see Phillips back between the sticks. Also thought Stewart was good when he came on, hopefully he will start next game.

Agreed, I thought that Stewart got himself into some dangerous positions, and had some good touches. He needs more games Mr Johnson, then we will see the best of him!

As for Savage, my heart sank every time he got the ball. Its like playing a match with ten men it really is.

Today was a very very good game and I am cofident about the future under Johnson.

Stewert tried hard when he cam on and looked good but obviously lacking match fitness!

I just cannot understand how Bas Savage plays for this club he is comedy value but I don't pay my season ticket money for comedy! I would never boo or discourage him whilst he wears the red shirt.

However he is appaling and is an embaressment to us for opposing fans! I also wanna see Phillips back in goal am I the only one you thnks Basso is a far worse kicker and catcher than Phillips!

Were you sitting in Platinum Row B? There was some idiot there who kept mouthing off Basso for the silliest little things...

In all fairness to Bas Savage he did show some clever touchers, hold up play and seemed to win a few more headers today. He did his job. Stewart has just returned from an injury so its no wonder he didn't start.

However, unfortunately there is no comparison with Mcammon, we need strikers who are capable of scoring goals and Bas just doesn't get into those effective positions. With more training he will get better I have no doubt, but to me he is a decent squad player rather than starter at the moment.

If he does play, he should get the support he deserves.

As for Basso, he kept us in the game today and despite his poor kicking, has proved to me that at the moment, he is the best keeper at the club.

i agree bas savage is probably the worst player i have ever seen at ashton gate he is certainly not the cult hero gj would have people believe,he does do the occasional trick but that normally ends with him losing possession,he wins nothing in the air,his touch is poor,never looks likely to score and on the whole is embarrasing however perhaps we could turn him into a centre half as he is brilliant at breaking up our attacks!

i also agree that phillips is probably the better keeper but basso is good value and has not done much wrong lately and has made some great saves.his kicking is a bit dodgy but does seem to be improving.

i agree bas savage is probably the worst player i have ever seen at ashton gate he is certainly not the cult hero gj would have people believe,he does do the occasional trick but that normally ends with him losing possession,he wins nothing in the air,his touch is poor,never looks likely to score and on the whole is embarrasing however perhaps we could turn him into a centre half as he is brilliant at breaking up our attacks!

i also agree that phillips is probably the better keeper but basso is good value and has not done much wrong lately and has made some great saves.his kicking is a bit dodgy but does seem to be improving.

Bas Savage in my opinion has great touch, and excellent technique for such as big guy, but he can't shoot, can't head and never ever looks like scoring, and he probably never will which I think is a pity.

I know this is about Savage but I just wanted to comment on Stewart - I wish it would work out for him but sadly I don't think it will. At the moment we seem in a catch 22 position with him. He isn't fit so when he plays he doesn't seem to affect the game, but we can't get him fit because we can't risk playing a striker who needs games until he gets goals and he needs games under his belt to get fit and therefore pose a threat so overall we end up in a vicious circle which is a shame because I would love it to work out for him but I just can't see it happening!

looks like i"m on my own here then, basso is a far better all round keeper than phillips, phillips will always be a liability, especially on crosses, i grant you he"s a better shot stopper, but i"m more confident with basso in goal. as for savage, if everybody gave as much effort and commitment as him we will be far better off, he"s not the most talented player we got, but i thought he had a good game today, stewart is not the answer, his better days are behind him, i really wish he would do well for us, but he has been a big let down so far.

Those who say he's useless are mad.

He rarely gives the ball away and lays it off quite nicely.

What he doesn't do is shoot and is quite timid in terms of attacking. He's either an effective holding player, or would be an effective (dare I say it) offensive midfield.

He's not the fox in the box or outright striker that people seem to judge him to be and therefore unfairly slate him.

Therefore on days where Stevie Brooker isn't on top form, or is being marked out the game, he becomes (IMHO) a bit ineffective.

Give me big mac anyday.

And even though I'm not a big MS fan, I thought he did well today - some sublime touches.

I thought Bas Savage was brilliant, like he is most weeks. Held the ball up well, some good touches and good link play. How people can critisise him is beyond belief. The only thing that he is not good at is scoring but that is something that will start to happen.

Yeah fair enough he affects the game, wins headers (sometimes!!!) has good touches, and has good linkplay, but thats what Brooks is for!!! We need someone who can bang20-30 goals a season and keep us comfortably in this League and have us challenging for promotion and winning it next year not a player who has an unproven track record without goals. I just don't think he is the player we need at the moment. 1 goal in around 50 games is not good enough if we need a goalscorer sorry!

I know this is about Savage but I just wanted to comment on Stewart - I wish it would work out for him but sadly I don't think it will. At the moment we seem in a catch 22 position with him. He isn't fit so when he plays he doesn't seem to affect the game, but we can't get him fit because we can't risk playing a striker who needs games until he gets goals and he needs games under his belt to get fit and therefore pose a threat so overall we end up in a vicious circle which is a shame because I would love it to work out for him but I just can't see it happening!

Stewart linked up well with Brooker today being not fit. You could see his quality in some of his touches, but he needs to get his sharpness back and play a lot closer to Brooker before we see his worth to the team. Sorry we play savage and he cant score.

I thought Bas Savage was brilliant, like he is most weeks. Held the ball up well, some good touches and good link play. How people can critisise him is beyond belief. The only thing that he is not good at is scoring but that is something that will start to happen.

I read this post, and really felt the need to reply.

Brilliant? and most weeks?? are you serious. Nothing against the guy, but he is dreadful. the only thing he has going for him is his close control...he has no pace, no strength, he cannot head the ball and in all the games he has played for us so far, have you EVER seen him get his body behind a shot??....no, he has no power. he cannot score, he doesnt get in goal scoring postitions and he drifts everywhere......need I go on??

As for saying the goals will start to come, I GUARANTEE it they wont. He looks no more a goal scorer now then what he did when he came here, and if he is here next season I will really question Johnson ability in finding talented players.

This man is two leagues above his level........taxi to Forest green please

Savage is a conference player. Stewart had so much more to offer the team when he came on-such an intelligent player-seems to take a lot of pressure off of brooker in terms of holding the ball up and linking play as well. Made a big difference, as did wilkshire. Really cant see why these two boys don't start!

Bas Savage in my opinion has great touch, and excellent technique for such as big guy, but he can't shoot, can't head and never ever looks like scoring, and he probably never will which I think is a pity.

This is, imo, the most accurate thread on Bas. He is not a striker and never will be, however, he holds tha ball up well and can run at defenders dragging them out of postion. Personally, I think he is doing his job very well. But not a striker and never will be. The stick he gets from some quarters is uncalled for, and I believe it to be the loud minority, he was given a rousing send off when substituted today by the majority of the home fans.

This is, imo, the most accurate thread on Bas. He is not a striker and never will be, however, he holds tha ball up well and can run at defenders dragging them out of postion. Personally, I think he is doing his job very well. But not a striker and never will be. The stick he gets from some quarters is uncalled for, and I believe it to be the loud minority, he was given a rousing send off when substituted today by the majority of the home fans.

Yeah because he was going off! At the end of the day he still turns out for City. As you said he is not a striker, so when he plays we only start with one striker.

His first touch was very good today, he got away from the forest players quite alot but his pace let him down. Watching him closely, he won the majority of his headers today and put some really nice passes through to the likes of Cotterill & Brooker. I would like to see him played in midfield, he and Russel did a similar job for us today, clever passing and just taking the ball forward efficiently.

Edit: Looks like Xerox stole my thunder :(

just like puddytang

We will defo give basir another contract till next january, to keep him hungry says gary??? what he eats contracts, no wonder hes soo thin???

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Archived