IGNORED

Thoughts On Yesterday

Godzilla

It seemed that when Wilkshire came on, we were playing with a back 3 and Luke Wilkshire playing behind Brooker and Stewart. It certainly seemed to change the way we played because as you said, we sustained pressure a lot more.

I was very pleased with the performance overall, the midfield looked blanced and back 4 looked steady.

Was also happy with Stewart for the first time this season. Maybe, just maybe, he might be pushing for a starting place. I'm not too sure though. Brooker seems to play a lot better with a strong and taller striker next to him, so I wouldn't gamble on Stewart starting just yet. Afterall, we've got quite a good little record going and we don't want to disrupt that.

It seemed that when Wilkshire came on, we were playing with a back 3 and Luke Wilkshire playing behind Broker and Stewart. It certainly seemed to change the way we played because as you said, we sustained pressure a lot more.

I was very pleased with the performance overall, the midfield looked blanced and back 4 looked steady.

Was also happy with Stewart for the first time this season. Maybe, just maybe, he might be pushing for a starting place. I'm not too sure though. Brooker seems to play a lot better with a strong and taller striker next to him, so I wouldn't gamble on Stewart starting just yet. Afterall, we've got quite a good little record going and we don't want to disrupt that.

Absolutely. As I said, we went 3-4-1-2 with Wilkshire playing in the hole. It worked well because Skuse and Russell play fairly deep so, providing Carey and Fontaine looked after Holt and Tyson, they could pick up anyone coming from deeper.

Stewart did look more effective today but I am sure that it will be Brooker and McCammon to start at MK Dons. Given what Brooker has said about playing with another big man and in particular his comments about McCammon this is probably not a bad thing as he is by far our most important forward and we should try and make the most out of him.

We will not be able to start with the formation that we played at the end at MK DOns simply because we are away from home and a side in our position cannot take that risk but if things are not going according to plan towards the end i'm sure that Johnson will make the same changes.

I also felt that the two wingers, Murray in particular, seemed to have alot of space when we changed formation, probably becxause of the extra man playing through the middle in Wilkshire so this could be an effective tactic to stretch the game if we a struggling to break a team down.

However, it should be used as a plan B because it could see us being exploited down the wing, and away from home is a bit too adventurous.

I have to add that i thought Stewart and Wiltshire both came on and did the job that was asked of them.

Sitting in B block all season in the Dolman i still don't understand the negative people towards Stewart, money is obvoiusly a big issue to most. The same people were doing the same to Bridges (the mans touch was second to none at AG this season). People were even commenting on Wiltshires commitment, Johnson seems to be getting more tactical and the run we are on is good.

Changes are going to happen so lets get behind the team for the rest of the season and let the backroom staff worry about the players.

A good win at MK Dons will be good,as for Bas Savage the comments are right he will never score enough so should be out of the equation for the future.

Archived