IGNORED

Englandfans Ballot

tin

Just wondering if anyone on the forum got lucky in the Englandfans ballot tonight? I'm on ten caps and got **** all, yet I'm reading tales of people on two caps getting multiple tickets :dunno::grr:

That makes the whole process an absolute mockery IMO.

How did the rest of you get on?

:englandsmile4wf::crying:

I don't have a password? when I signed up to Englandfans I never had an email address so obviously couldnt give them any details. Anyone know of any other way I could find out?

Bloody hell! Guess you'll just have to wait until it arrives in the post then. Actually, just give a ring on 0845 458 1966. They're open til 5pm. Make sure you got your englandfans number at hand and they can tell you over the phone.

Bloody hell! Guess you'll just have to wait until it arrives in the post then. Actually, just give a ring on 0845 458 1966. They're open til 5pm. Make sure you got your englandfans number at hand and they can tell you over the phone.

on hold now :pray:

on hold now :pray:

:@ ah well, roll on 2010

On 6 caps and got the Sweden game and also the semi's and final.

Too scared to put this on the englandfans forum due to the atmosphere on there.

But i'm over the ##*cking moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky, very lucky!

I was on 5 caps and got no tickets.

On 6 caps and got the Sweden game and also the semi's and final.

Too scared to put this on the englandfans forum due to the atmosphere on there.

But i'm over the ##*cking moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fair play to you mate. :@ :crying:

The atmosphere on that forum is hardly surprising though when the ballot dishes out tickets to people on 2 or 3 caps for ALL three group games and some knockout matches as well. I'm still furious I haven't been given anything.

But the whole system is a farce in my book. The amount of time and money I've spent to go to every England game I could afford to go to has been worth it for the experiences, but not the rewards. I was quietly hopeful of getting one ticket but, between a group of three, I was sure one of us would get at least one ticket and we got **** all!

How people, who barely go to a game, can be allocated a World Cup ticket for not folowing the team, especially when there's loads of people who've just missed out on the automatic tickets, or 70% as englandfans calls it, is beyond me. It's a pure joke! :grr::englandsmile4wf:

Fair play to you mate. :@ :crying:

The atmosphere on that forum is hardly surprising though when the ballot dishes out tickets to people on 2 or 3 caps for ALL three group games and some knockout matches as well. I'm still furious I haven't been given anything.

But the whole system is a farce in my book. The amount of time and money I've spent to go to every England game I could afford to go to has been worth it for the experiences, but not the rewards. I was quietly hopeful of getting one ticket but, between a group of three, I was sure one of us would get at least one ticket and we got **** all!

How people, who barely go to a game, can be allocated a World Cup ticket for not folowing the team, especially when there's loads of people who've just missed out on the automatic tickets, or 70% as englandfans calls it, is beyond me. It's a pure joke! :grr::englandsmile4wf:

Obviously i'm well happy but i understand your frustration. I would be more than happy with the 1 cap 1 entry, 5 caps 5 entries etc in the ballot system.

This then rewards the people who just missed out on the 70/30 split.

I'm on 6 caps and got the Trinidad & Tobago game through Englandfans.

I think the system could do with a little bit of tinkering, though I still think it works ok and rewards loyalty/commitment as it stands. The 1 cap one entry thing would seem wise for the 30% in the ballot.

Can't wait till the World Cup!!

Basically you get one cap for a home game and two caps for away games, so the more games you go to the more chance you have of getting tickets. Used to be 1 cap for away games and non for home so one cap for Azer away and 2 for Wales away.

When you apply for tickets though they split the allocation into a 70% - 30%. The top 70% cappers who applied are garanteed tickets and eeryone else goes into a ballot for the rest of the tickets. It's not a bad system as it does allow people to get onto the ladder but also rewards the fans who have travelled most over the years.

Archived