IGNORED

Iran

mozo

It's late and I need to express myself.

Violins please...

When I grew up my best mate was an Iranian kid that I went to school with. His family were well nice and I spent a lot of time knocking about at the flats that he lived in. Since then I've made two more Iranian friends. So, all this talk about war with Iran gives me the blues. Governer Blair, (I'm sure you're reading this) when you and Georgie Porgie next talk about blowing up Tehran, could you maybe consider bombing a different place instead. No preferences. But Wales does spring to mind.

All the best,

Mozo.

It's late and I need to express myself.

Violins please...

When I grew up my best mate was an Iranian kid that I went to school with. His family were well nice and I spent a lot of time knocking about at the flats that he lived in. Since then I've made two more Iranian friends. So, all this talk about war with Iran gives me the blues. Governer Blair, (I'm sure you're reading this) when you and Georgie Porgie next talk about blowing up Tehran, could you maybe consider bombing a different place instead. No preferences. But Wales does spring to mind.

All the best,

Mozo.

Whoever, they blow-up, it's always the ordinary man or woman on the street who gets it. Y'know the guy who's just working for a living trying to feed his kids and the usual. The scumbag politicians always seem to get off lightly - look at Milosevic and Saddam (or Blair and Bush even).

But it does look as if the Yankee miltary machine has its guns fixed firmly on Iran now. They're talking of imposing sanctions. That always works a treat doesn't it? Just look at Iraq- the lowest in social ladder take the biggest hit while the politicians carry on regardless. It just inflicts even more misery on the people who are already suffering the most.

Is Iran really a nuclear threat? Who knows? Who can we even trust for an honest opinion any more? How can any take the US seriously anyway? They've got more nukes than anyone else. They are actively developing mini-nukes and arming space. Wouldn't the US demands be just an ounce more respectable if they were actively dismantling their own nuclear arsenal? Fat chance of that.

I just wonder how long it will take before the Bush clique start rolling out the old democracy crap. You know it's funny, but for a regime where the spread of democracy is meant to be a mainstay of US policy, the US is quite happy with Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Pakistan, Morocco and Libya. And yet where we see democracy working in Palestine (or Venezuela?) we see the US flexing its muscles against the democratically elected govt. I guess the US wants to see democracy that creates pro-US govts. just like over here. :ph34r:

In my opinion, US policy is nothing more than the 'imposition' of US friendly politicians who will do as they are told. This often amounts to opening up their internal markets to US corporations.

I wonder what Woodrow Wilson in 1919 has to say on the subject:

Since trade ignores national boundaries and the manufacturer insists on having the world as a market, the flag of his nation must follow him, and the doors of the nations which are closed against him must be battered down

So, we have it. But in case anyone thinks I'm being anti-US, let me re-state what I have before:

It's all about a capitalist ecomony and a political system of competing states. For me the, the question is whether this is a logical and natural development of the basic human ego or whether it is purely chance and that man can be master of his own destiny.

Anyone beg to differ?

Mozo I have Welsh blood allegedly, so be careful please. What about the Germans? ;)

You are both of course right. Its always the innocent who suffer in war. But that basket case president in Iran is more than a little flaky, and threatening to wipe nations of the face of the earth don't exactly inspire confidence, given that they wish to enhrich plutonium (only reason for that is a nuke or nukes) it does create difficulties.

I doubt any sane member of the human race would deny the Iranians peaceful nuclear power, but the enrichment is far from peaceful.

And yes I'm aware Isreael (Cant possibly think why they'd have nukes-can you :whistle: ) Pakistan & India all have them- but in those three cases I really cant see them using a weapon, without good cause- something the CURRENT Iranian government cant be garanteed to do.rather than better their peoples lives. Or am I just cynical?

Whoever, they blow-up, it's always the ordinary man or woman on the street who gets it. Y'know the guy who's just working for a living trying to feed his kids and the usual. The scumbag politicians always seem to get off lightly - look at Milosevic and Saddam (or Blair and Bush even).

But it does look as if the Yankee miltary machine has its guns fixed firmly on Iran now. They're talking of imposing sanctions. That always works a treat doesn't it? Just look at Iraq- the lowest in social ladder take the biggest hit while the politicians carry on regardless. It just inflicts even more misery on the people who are already suffering the most.

Is Iran really a nuclear threat? Who knows? Who can we even trust for an honest opinion any more? How can any take the US seriously anyway? They've got more nukes than anyone else. They are actively developing mini-nukes and arming space. Wouldn't the US demands be just an ounce more respectable if they were actively dismantling their own nuclear arsenal? Fat chance of that.

I just wonder how long it will take before the Bush clique start rolling out the old democracy crap. You know it's funny, but for a regime where the spread of democracy is meant to be a mainstay of US policy, the US is quite happy with Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Pakistan, Morocco and Libya. And yet where we see democracy working in Palestine (or Venezuela?) we see the US flexing its muscles against the democratically elected govt. I guess the US wants to see democracy that creates pro-US govts. just like over here. :ph34r:

In my opinion, US policy is nothing more than the 'imposition' of US friendly politicians who will do as they are told. This often amounts to opening up their internal markets to US corporations.

I wonder what Woodrow Wilson in 1919 has to say on the subject:

So, we have it. But in case anyone thinks I'm being anti-US, let me re-state what I have before:

It's all about a capitalist ecomony and a political system of competing states. For me the, the question is whether this is a logical and natural development of the basic human ego or whether it is purely chance and that man can be master of his own destiny.

Anyone beg to differ?

Mozo I have Welsh blood allegedly, so be careful please. What about the Germans? ;)

Dagest, you well know the Welsh comment was in jest, such was my desperation to get a cheap laugh out of a boring thread! Being half German and quarter Irish, I find patriotism a difficult concept to get my head round. I like Britain, especially Bristol, but I can't claim to be superior to anyone because of my nationality, including the Welsh, French, any Muslim Nations or any other xenophobes' whipping boys. We English can be idiots sometimes.

Take the lines off the map and let's all get along thats what I say.

As for politicians, what a strange breed. Could it be that the desire to run a country is an ego related mental illness? They need help.

Being half German and quarter Irish

You're just over here trying to nick our jobs!

Take the lines off the map and let's all get along thats what I say.

You and your utopian dreams!

As for politicians, what a strange breed. Could it be that the desire to run a country is an ego related mental illness? They need help.

If only we could all learn to ignore them. :pray:

You're just over here trying to nick our jobs!

More interested in your women.

You and your utopian dreams!

Touche

If only we could all learn to ignore them. :pray:

By and large we do. Just look at the elections. The problem is, they're so sneaky that you've got to keep an eye on the gits.

Archived