IGNORED

Killing Off The Game

mozo

When teams have a one goal lead they often try to see out the last couple of minutes by taking the ball to the opposing corner flag and keeping the ball there as long as poss, often drawing a foul, throw or corner.

Am I the only one who thinks it's cynical?

Thierry Henry did it today, and I recall seeing him do it often, and for everyone but the home fans its frustrating and annoying.

Would it be worth referees giving obstruction against any player who does it?

Guest revkev

Have seen City players trying it in the past, til one of them fell over, gave away a goal kick which went up th other end and the opposition got a lst gasp equaliser :@

Have seen City players trying it in the past, til one of them fell over, gave away a goal kick which went up th other end and the opposition got a lst gasp equaliser :@

You reap what you sow, eh reverand.

When teams have a one goal lead they often try to see out the last couple of minutes by taking the ball to the opposing corner flag and keeping the ball there as long as poss, often drawing a foul, throw or corner.

Am I the only one who thinks it's cynical?

Thierry Henry did it today, and I recall seeing him do it often, and for everyone but the home fans its frustrating and annoying.

Would it be worth referees giving obstruction against any player who does it?

alex russell and luke wilkshire seemed rather adept at this on friday, it may have helped us win the game. like it any more now?

well i don't, it's bloody rubbish. what part of standing on the ball in the corner and doing nothing constitutes "playing football?"

alex russell and luke wilkshire seemed rather adept at this on friday, it may have helped us win the game. like it any more now?

well i don't, it's bloody rubbish. what part of standing on the ball in the corner and doing nothing constitutes "playing football?"

I totally agree. I'd rather see City win the hard way.

Another thing I'd love to stamp down on is defenders shepparding the ball over the goal line by blocking the attackers.

It's obstruction every single time, and should be treated as such.

Not so.

If the ball is within playing distance, it's not a foul at all. Otherwise you'd have to penalise a player like Brooker every time he held the ball up on the edge of the opposing penalty area.

Archived