IGNORED

How Would You Feel...

Ben4BCFC

I know alot of people who support this club dislike Stewart for the fact that he started at the Gas and alot of people prove this by shouting abuse to him for no reason to do with him formerly being a Gas player. I got thinking, how would you feel if, hypothetically, we signed up for example Richard Walker or Junior Agogo, but that player got us the 20-30 goals a season we were looking for? Would you be delighted we had found the player but not too keen on him as he has come from Gas? Or would you not care that he was a Rovers player and just be over the moon we had a player we have been searching for since the Summer when Leroy left? Just interested. IMO I would be delighted if it worked out and figure that he came to wear a red shirt and who cares where he came from to be honest. Your views?

Guest PokerPirate

I know alot of people who support this club dislike Stewart for the fact that he started at the Gas and alot of people prove this by shouting abuse to him for no reason to do with him formerly being a Gas player. I got thinking, how would you feel if, hypothetically, we signed up for example Richard Walker or Junior Agogo, but that player got us the 20-30 goals a season we were looking for? Would you be delighted we had found the player but not too keen on him as he has come from Gas? Or would you not care that he was a Rovers player and just be over the moon we had a player we have been searching for since the Summer when Leroy left? Just interested. IMO I would be delighted if it worked out and figure that he came to wear a red shirt and who cares where he came from to be honest. Your views?

When Lee Matthews came over to us on loan he got a really good reception from us even though he played for your mob. Any good player should be welcome at either of our clubs regardless of who they play for.

If you bought Walker or Agogo I hope your fans would treat them with respect but I very much doubt they would be well received - but I expect we would be more upset about losing them to our arch rivals.

:englandsmile4wf:

Robbie Turner was an ex Gas player who took a bit of time to win over the fans, but his partnership with super Bob Taylor was questionable the most exciting strike force we had for a long time. Who will ever forget his two goals against Chelsea in the FA Cup? The fans will accept anyone that will put in the commitment to the club.

I'm just anti the idea.

Just strikes me as wrong.

Shouldn't happen.

What's the matter with people these days?

Never took to Beadle, Clueless was Clueless (or a spy on a special Gas mission sent to **** us up :shifty: )

Can't think of any more example's in my time.

Not to be trusted these Scummers, wrongn's the lot of em.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

He's only a poor little Gas'ead...........

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Hmmm, did like Johnny Ward though, dillema time.

Walker too old........... :Wave:

Savage straight swap for Agogo............. :whistle:

I always find it difficult to accept a gashead

player signing for us.In my view they have

to play really well to get me to change my

opinion of them.If I'm honest i would rather

not have any of them at City.We don't

need them.

I know alot of people who support this club dislike Stewart for the fact that he started at the Gas and alot of people prove this by shouting abuse to him for no reason to do with him formerly being a Gas player.

I have not heard people from the stands making these comments?

However, I have heard people having a go at Stewart because he 1) allegedly got a cob on with the manager 2) has failed to score goals and therefore 3) is not worth the money we are paying him.

Hope things work out, but maybe he could make a nice gesture? Take a wage cut and gives it some blood and sweat. I know that's what I and thousands of others would do if we got our lifetime ambition to play for the club we supported as a kid.

Accepting a blue nose into the City fold wouldn't be problem, IF, their arrival improved our team/squad.

I think Walker or Agogo would fall short of our expectations as they seem to be no better than what we've got.

Our previous manager signed enough second rate players, so, now is the time to look to add quality to our squad.

Admitedly, some of Johnsons loans have been questionable, but at least he accepted his mistakes and returned them. However, he seems to have improved on this front, as Noble and Fontaine have both added a little extra to our squad.

If a player plays badly, the fact that they were previously a gashead is always going to count against them. But ultimately it is their performances that count.

Me? They could have 'I'm a gashead' tatooed on their todger for all I care, if they scored the goals that took us up!

I don't give a t@ss if anyone played for the Gas first, as long as he put the effort in. Unlike Stewart who aint.

don't even care if they were a Swindler first, as long as the effort was put in....or bloody Baaaadiff either.

Archived