IGNORED

Kevin Mcleod

Evy11_BCFC

But maybe he's another player with an attitude problem, great ability though!

Swansea City Kevin McLeod believes he has been harshly treated after being placed on the transfer list.

Swans manager Kenny Jackett has accused the midfielder of "not showing enough application", but McLeod says he is being punished for going out drinking.

"I was out on Saturday night because I was injured. I shouldn't go out full stop, but I've had a lot of things on my mind," McLeod told the Western Mail.

"It feels like the gaffer is using me as an example. I think that's wrong."

McLeod is currently out with a hamstring injury, which made him unavailable for last Sunday's League One match with Walsall.

He's being placed on the transfer list for a build up of things over a period of time said Swansea manager Kenny Jackett

But Jackett has nonetheless made it clear that McLeod's behaviour was unacceptable, and suggested that Saturday's episode was not an isolated incident.

"There's no particular thing Kevin has been transfer listed for - he's not been in any kind of trouble and he's not facing any kind of internal discipline," said Jackett.

"He's being placed on the transfer list for a build up of things over a period of time.

"Kevin has a lot of ability, but he hasn't shown enough application of late. His application to the job comes and goes. It is not consistent enough."

McLeod, 25, joined Swansea from QPR in February last year and has scored seven times in 28 League games this season.

He is under contract until June, 2008.

Would you still want to have him at the gate though?

But maybe he's another player with an attitude problem, great ability though!

Swansea City Kevin McLeod believes he has been harshly treated after being placed on the transfer list.

Swans manager Kenny Jackett has accused the midfielder of "not showing enough application", but McLeod says he is being punished for going out drinking.

"I was out on Saturday night because I was injured. I shouldn't go out full stop, but I've had a lot of things on my mind," McLeod told the Western Mail.

McLeod is currently out with a hamstring injury, which made him unavailable for last Sunday's League One match with Walsall.

He's being placed on the transfer list for a build up of things over a period of time said Swansea manager Kenny Jackett

But Jackett has nonetheless made it clear that McLeod's behaviour was unacceptable, and suggested that Saturday's episode was not an isolated incident.

"There's no particular thing Kevin has been transfer listed for - he's not been in any kind of trouble and he's not facing any kind of internal discipline," said Jackett.

"He's being placed on the transfer list for a build up of things over a period of time.

"Kevin has a lot of ability, but he hasn't shown enough application of late. His application to the job comes and goes. It is not consistent enough."

McLeod, 25, joined Swansea from QPR in February last year and has scored seven times in 28 League games this season.

He is under contract until June, 2008.

Wouldn't say no. Not for a huge fee though. Most worrying part for me was 'I've had a lot of things on my mind'. Ominous.

Johnson should be able to sort him out with a bit of luck. He's a quality left winger, we could do alot worse than him.

Wouldn't say no. Not for a huge fee though. Most worrying part for me was 'I've had a lot of things on my mind'. Ominous.

we have to look at why he's been listed, Jackett has said that it is not an isolated incident, so looks like it's a case of a his general behaviour is a problem and he's had enough chances and now they are bombing him out the door, he's fallen out with Holloway and Jackett now, personally rather not have him at our club, we have a happy steady ship at the moment and we don't need bad apples ruining the atmosphere!

Might be worth getting on loan with a view to a permanent transfer.

Mcammon supposedly had an attitude problem and GJ sees enough in him. So why not Mcleod?

The guy is quality and could be the natural left footed winger we have been looking for.

I am not saying murray should be dropped, he can play on the right, but coterill for me could do with a few games out of the side, as he has been a bit inconsistent, murray at the moment is the better goal threat.

Rich

McLeod says he is being punished for going out drinking.

Well I think Kenny Jackett is spot on. All power to him. Footballers want the money and the profile without the responsibility. My heart's not exactly bleeding. How can McLeod perceive himself as a victim here? You've got to give someone a reason to make an example of you before they can do it.

I wouldn't touch McLeod with somoene else's bargepole given his attitude here, let alone my own.

• Admin

He sounds exactly the type of character Tinnion & Johnson have been ridding our club of, is it any coincidence that the number of posts on here relating to players the worse for wear in town, has noticeably decreased.

He sounds exactly the type of character Tinnion & Johnson have been ridding our club of, is it any coincidence that the number of posts on here relating to players the worse for wear in town, has noticeably decreased.

No, don't think it is a coincidence, but it's not as if everyone who used to go on a night out has left the club. I think the reason for the reduction of players seen out in the town centre is because Johnson has layed down the law (like Tinnion tried to) but the players are listening to him, whereas they didn't have Tinnion's respect. Surely, if Johnson can turn a whole team of players who used to go out on the town to one which no longer does, then he can do the same with McLeod?

Personally, I'd like to see us try to sign him. As a player, we won't find many better left wingers that would be willing to play at this level, and everyone knows we need a new left winger.

I doubt Johnson will be interested in him as he's been booted out of Swansea because he likes his drink too much!

Quality player though, scored a couple of crackers against us at the Liberty and was unlucky not to score with an audacious shot from the halfway line.

I don't think left wingers come much better than him in our league. I always thought that he was a threat to defenders and showed great ability since when he was on loan at QPR from Everton a few years back. A player that sticks out in this league and maybe a player we can bring in. GJ will tame him, but I don't think he's bad enough to be thought of as a bit of trouble. He is in Wales, of course he is going to be upset! :whistle:

It seems a pretty natural signing:

1/ he plays in a position that we need someone for

2/ we're relatively local

3/ his club are happy to let him go

4/ we can sign him on loan first befor weighin up whether he has the mentality for GJ's regime

5/ we're one of the few clubs at this level that have the facilities and wage budget to appeal to him

6/ it keeps the current players at City on their toes and keeps the fans interested

Well I think Kenny Jackett is spot on. All power to him. Footballers want the money and the profile without the responsibility. My heart's not exactly bleeding. How can McLeod perceive himself as a victim here? You've got to give someone a reason to make an example of you before they can do it.

I wouldn't touch McLeod with somoene else's bargepole given his attitude here, let alone my own.

we shouldnt sign players like him just because they're good footballers... we've done badly enough with talentd, overpaid boozers.. lets try less-talented, more reasonably paid blokes who want to play football and improve themselves... and see where it gets us!

A club like Chester allways get their man too :whistle:

To be fair Mcleod is real quality, has got it all, however he is more interested in drinking, gambling and DJing.

He needs a massive kick up the arse. He is possibly on his day the most talented player in this div, unfortunalty his day hasn't happened for a long while. Within the last couple of months his form got to the stage it became offences to his teammates, fans and employer. His performance aaginst Gillingham was the worst I have ever seen be anybody ever. However against you he was stunning.

I would love him to go away to Chester say, realise that football at a small struggling club can be a hard tough way to make a living and sort his head out. To come back next season to us as a reformed character, sadly though there is more chance of Gazza and Merson becomming Priests.

Archived