IGNORED

City Are Back!

mozo

It's been a long time since I last saw City players taking shooting practice because they had such a tight grip on a game. It's been a while since our last eye-catchingly comprehensive victory. Most important, it's been too long since we looked like a team destined for better things.

People, today's result was a statement that City are back.

It was a slow start today, but it came as no surprise to see Steve Brooker get the wrong side of the defender, take the ball into the box and finish to the bottom corner. He does it time and again, what a player!

Louis Carey is playing like a Championship player nowadays and his first goal was a lovely low shot from inside the box. He was monumental, as was his young deputy, Fontaine, a player with potential to go far in the game. Carey's second, a header, was the icing on the cake of a man-of-the-match performance.

Cotterill had a bad day, his form's dipped recently, but having just missed a clear chance he made ammends by earning both a panalty and a red card for the Gills player.

It was good to see, on the stroke of half-time, Cole Skuse was allowed to take the penalty to clinch his first goal for the club at senior level. He calmly sent the keeper the wrong way to side-foot in to his right.

Gary Johnson has said before that he likes to double leads after half-time rather than sit on them, and City did just that.

After Carey's second, Wilkshire drilled home minutes after coming on. City then coasted for twenty minutes.

Big Mac came on for the disappointing Savage and looked to have missed his chance to impress. However, in the last minute he won a header at a corner and the ball went in off the back of his head.

City look confident and it's unimaginable that this team will be dragged into a dogfight.

Well done Bristol City, Well done Gary Johnson on turning the club around.

It's been a long time since I last saw City players taking shooting practice because they had such a tight grip on a game. It's been a while since our last eye-catchingly comprehensive victory. Most important, it's been too long since we looked like a team destined for better things.

It was a slow start today, but it came as no surprise to see Steve Brooker get the wrong side of the defender, take the ball into the box and finish to the bottom corner. He does it time and again, what a player!

Louis Carey is playing like a Championship player nowadays and his first goal was a lovely low shot from inside the box. He was monumental, as was his young deputy, Fontaine, a player with potential to go far in the game. Carey's second, a header, was the icing on the cake of a man-of-the-match performance.

Cotterill had a bad day, his form's dipped recently, but having just missed a clear chance he made ammends by earning both a panalty and a red card for the Gills player.

It was good to see, on the stroke of half-time, Cole Skuse was allowed to take the penalty to clinch his first goal for the club at senior level. He calmly sent the keeper the wrong way to side-foot in to his right.

Gary Johnson has said before that he likes to double leads after half-time rather than sit on them, and City did just that.

After Carey's second, Wilkshire drilled home minutes after coming on. City then coasted for twenty minutes.

Big Mac came on for the disappointing Savage and looked to have missed his chance to impress. However, in the last minute he won a header at a corner and the ball went in off the back of his head.

City look confident and it's unimaginable that this team will be dragged into a dogfight.

well said, bcfc are back and back for the long term hopefully

Agree with most of that, though I won't be so bold as to say 'City are back'. Cautious optimism, perhaps? :whistle:

I thought Carey was immense today and was by far and away MoM. Not only because of his goals but his defensive work was matchless.

Fontaine impressed too, for the first time for me, and he and Carey were solid at the back with Fontaine showing some of his technical prowess too. However, I wouldn't get excited about signing him, he looks too good for Fulham to let go on the cheap.

Woodman and Orr completed a very solid looking back four and the Gills didn't really didn't get a look-in.

Up front, Brooker was, well... Brooker... and led the line in his usual manner, while Savage was, well, Savage... all effort and no end result... I think it's unfair to expect Brooker to carry Savage. We have to play with TWO strikers, especially at home, and - I'm sorry - but Savage doesn't do it for me...

Cotterill needs a rest, even though he won the penalty I think he's looking a little jaded and still hasn't quite grasped the art of knowing when to dribble and when to pass. I thought Andrew was much more effective whe he replaced him.

Finally, though I'm not his biggest fan, I have to give an honourable mention to Skuse today, who played well, passed the ball well and linked up well with Russell, who had one of his better games in a red shirt, too.

All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon, even though it was shockingly cold and Mr Johnson can rightly feel proud of his players.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Archived