IGNORED

The Chosen One?!

Lordofthebling

Fulham 1 - Chelsea 0

What I don't understand is why he always takes off Cole and replaces him with Duff when things arent going Chelseas way.

They needed a goal, so Jose left Makalele on - a defensive midfielder, and took off Wright Philips as well.

I'm not Tactical Genius, but whan he changes from 4-5-1 and puts out a midfield of: Lampard - Essien - Makelele - Duff - thats a confusing line up.

5-4-1 works for Chelsea, but when they go a goal down - if I was him, I would of gone:

Cole - Essien - Lampard - Duff

Drogba - Crespo

And took off Wright Philips and Makelele.

Rant over. A confused Bling x

I agree - why take off the Englishman who I, and alot of others, consider to be on his best form in Joe Cole, and an incredibly quick and skillful winger In Shaun Wright-Phillips and put on players that won't do any better or could do worse! It makes me wonder sometimes that if he was in a worse team who don't get wins week in week out, pretty much, would he be as good a manager? :dunno:

Guest Tactical Genius

First of all I must state that I did not see the game today, but if I may indulge the Lord as to the thinking behind my mentor's master plans.

Firstly, you do not Makelele off. Ever. Ever. A finer defensive midfield player has not existed in the modern game. As Madrid are finding out, he may not sell you many shirts, but he stops you from being run through the middle of the park unless of course you are up against goofy and his african pal.

Essien is Frankie jr's minder and is thus exempt from substitution.

Moving to Chelsea has had the same effect on SWP as Thatcher had on the party of the same name. Totally nullified, has forgotten what made him good in the first place. Has forgotten how to take his man on, and his crossing was never that good in the first place. If he had no luck out of Rosenior in the first 25, I'd probably take him off too, don't expect him to play too often for Chelsea again. To an extent the same criticisms could be said of Duff, but the Irish lad is clearly the better of the two.

Taking Cole off I don't understand, and can only presume thay he either picked up a knock or was showboating. Putting the airborne presence of Drogba up against a Fulham defence that conceeded 5 against a powder puff Liverpool attack is a no brainer and he should have been on from the start, but Crespo will only be an effective foil when it comes to big-time charlie games. That is why he will look like Liam Robinson against the likes of Fulham, but come the World Cup game against England he will probably resemble Gerd Muller.

King Jose must have got the team sheet wrong on this occasion. Either that or he was taking the ****.

Archived