IGNORED

Well, What Do You Think Of Johnson Now,johnson Doubters

Red_Mat

One, albeit brilliant, 6-0 win doesn't mean there aren't still reasons to doubt Gary Johnson.

You seem to mistaking people like Robbored for children who change their minds every 5 seconds.

When I have reason to admit I was wrong to doubt GJ, then I'll hold my hands up and say it. That time isn't here because of Gillingham.

i've never doubted Gary Johnson, i know we had the run of defeats but remember that it wasn't his team and he commented about how unfit the squad were.

But what i do think is important, is that we must not get complaicent, yes 6-0 is a great win. And i know that we are SLIGHTLY pulling away from the teams in the bottom half, but they do have games in hand, and it only takes a run of 4 games without winning to put us back in trouble again. We shouldn't be over-praising him nor should we be doubting him at this moment in time.

Next season will show how good a manager Gary Johnson is, he would have had most of a playing season and a pre-season under his belt with us, and maybe a few signings (cough FONTAINE PLEASE cough).

Playoffs are too far a way me thinks, and we aint going down. Roll on next season

Danakin

I realise the initial post was a joke, but you will gain some serious replies to this thread so I might as well add my twopenneth.

Anybody who has read my posts and looks at my profile on the left will know that I think that Johnson is the type of Manager we need.

Having said that he all he has achieved so far is a level of consistency and a steadying of a very rocky ship. He is on a 3 year contract and none of us will know, until somewhere around the end of the second year whether he is the man for the job. Perhaps more than any other Manager in recent times, what he does in the summer could have more influence on this clubs future than even we realise.

Before you all start having a pop, read Bristol Boy's review.

As I say, I was just winding him up!

Mind you, I think he has done a good job since he came in and we have made significant progress.

Thanks

Gary's not done to bad either :whistle:

i've never doubted Gary Johnson, i know we had the run of defeats but remember that it wasn't his team and he commented about how unfit the squad were.

So the coaches that got them that unfit were retained :blink: I can never understand how players are allowed to be unfit and lots of incoming managers say it.On the other point, the players he brought in on loan were, in the main, the ones that let us down after winning three out of 4 with the ones he had in the first place.The side that won Saturday had 3 GJ signings

But what i do think is important, is that we must not get complaicent, yes 6-0 is a great win. And i know that we are SLIGHTLY pulling away from the teams in the bottom half, but they do have games in hand, and it only takes a run of 4 games without winning to put us back in trouble again. We shouldn't be over-praising him nor should we be doubting him at this moment in time.

Agreed

Next season will show how good a manager Gary Johnson is, he would have had most of a playing season and a pre-season under his belt with us, and maybe a few signings (cough FONTAINE PLEASE cough).

Playoffs are too far a way me thinks, and we aint going down. Roll on next season

Danakin

Ahh, next season, that old chestnut :)

too true, every season we say it, but i think we're starting to get a bit of stability now in the club, and i've said that before as well.

:doh:

Stability is normally good providing thier is progress.

In fairness to DW he achieved 9th, 7th, 3rd & 3rd.........so you could say he was sacked as soon as we failed to progress season on season.

The pre-season will have a lot to do with how far we progress next season and I'll back us to finish in the top ten this season barring injuries and a collasall downturn in form.

Stability is normally good providing thier is progress.

In fairness to DW he achieved 9th, 7th, 3rd & 3rd.........so you could say he was sacked as soon as we failed to progress season on season.

The pre-season will have a lot to do with how far we progress next season and I'll back us to finish in the top ten this season barring injuries and a collasall downturn in form.

And Brian Tinnion was sacked because it was clear that he was not going to progress on his previous season.

Lets give GJ a good go of it now...

City are back!

Archived