IGNORED

Dean Ashton

Dan C

Two goals tonight plus the other three he has scored for West Ham since joining them in Jan. So 5 goals in 6 games. Keep that up and surely he must have a chance of making the world cup squad. He reminds me of Shearer and will one day be a great player. If players like Crouch can make the england team tehnwhy can't he?

Two goals tonight plus the other three he has scored for West Ham since joining them in Jan. So 5 goals in 6 games. Keep that up and surely he must have a chance of making the world cup squad. He reminds me of Shearer and will one day be a great player. If players like Crouch can make the england team tehnwhy can't he?

He will be, but not this summer I reckon.

Good to see Reo-Coker and Barton in a tussle today. Both very good players.

I reckon Svenny has pretty much got the 4 strikers he wants in his mind already. Bent/Defoe - his only decision. However, injury's happen innit? So it is still very much in the interest of the likes of the, James Beattie and others to keep blazing their many good works.

Man City - West Ham 1/4 Final of the FA Cup, what a prospect for the neutral.

Shame I couldn't watch it. :(

He will be, but not this summer I reckon.

Good to see Reo-Coker and Barton in a tussle today. Both very good players.

Yeah i reckon this two are two for the future and ashton will have to wait till at least the 2008 european championship.maybe this world cup is a bit to soon for him.

Guest Tactical Genius

Oh please, Ashton has neither the touch, the speed or the speed of thought required for international football.

Now, Matthew Etherington, English, left-footed, willing to run at people, can cross a ball.......

Oh please, Ashton has neither the touch, the speed or the speed of thought required for international football.

Now, Matthew Etherington, English, left-footed, willing to run at people, can cross a ball.......

Etherington's form has been hit and miss for much of career so I hear. But with consistency you're damn right, he'd be good.

I think Ashton's able savvy enough to operate without a great deal of pace (they say he's learning from Steady Teddy, hope that's true, he could learn a lot). He needs a good year next season to prove his worth though.

Like I said earlier he remids me of a young Alan Shearer and he proved to be one of the greatest strikers england ever had. Shearer wasn't known for his pace either. More of being in the right place at the right time.

Ashton has played for both the under 19's and u21's so I feelif he were asked to make the step up he would do a job. Bent and Defoe? Hmmmm, I'm not that keen on any of them in truth. I don't feel they would be able to come on as a late sub and make a real difference and we need players that can come on and make a difference imho. They are the sort of the players that when playing for England need time to settle in and start frim the start. There not going to get that.

Ashton however is cabable of doing that and i would choose him over bent or defoe.

Like I said earlier he remids me of a young Alan Shearer and he proved to be one of the greatest strikers england ever had. Shearer wasn't known for his pace either. More of being in the right place at the right time.

Ashton has played for both the under 19's and u21's so I feelif he were asked to make the step up he would do a job. Bent and Defoe? Hmmmm, I'm not that keen on any of them in truth. I don't feel they would be able to come on as a late sub and make a real difference and we need players that can come on and make a difference imho. They are the sort of the players that when playing for England need time to settle in and start frim the start. There not going to get that.

Ashton however is cabable of doing that and i would choose him over bent or defoe.

I rate Ashton as one with potential, but I can't dismiss Defoe and Bent. They're pacy sniffers, a good foil for the gangly awkward Crouch and the deep-dropping superman Rooney.

Ashton and Rooney would work though. I'd drop Crouch out of the lot of 'em.

Ashton, for me, is over rated.

What about the guy who has been sticking them all season - Harewood?!

Ashton would have a tough time getting in front of Owen, Rooney, Bent, Defoe, Crouch, Johnson, Vassell, Cole, Harewood and Beattie before getting his hands on an England jersey this summer.

Guest Tactical Genius

I think that it's a given that the Manchester City re-shuffled back 4 afforded him more time and space than he would be allowed in the knock out stages of the world cup finals.

He is incredibly clumsy under pressure, and top class defenders would ensure that they draw the foul out of him every time. He'd offer no more threat for England than James Beattie did in his series of undistinguished appearances a couple of years back.

Bent, Defoe, Crouch, Johnson, Vassell, Cole, Harewood and Beattie before getting his hands on an England jersey this summer.

For me I recon that Ashton is on a par with any of those players if not ahead of the likes Beattie and Vassell. I've heard rumours that Newcastle want to sign Ashton in the summer to replace Shearer so he can't be that bad.

Ive heard they want Torres...

Hmmm Ashton or Torres... ?!

They may went Torres but i'm sure that 50 other top clubs also want him.

With Owen having another operation this may open the door for a surprise inclusion to the world cup squad and I believe that will be Ashton.

What you reckon? Bellamy or Ashton in my dream team?
A very hard one because they both different styles of strikers. However I would go for Bellamy just because he is at a better club with better players around him. But if Ashton goes to Newcastle then I would say Ashton.

A very hard one because they both different styles of strikers. However I would go for Bellamy just because he is at a better club with better players around him. But if Ashton goes to Newcastle then I would say Ashton.

Jigged it a bit and got em both in with Leeroy :D

Archived