IGNORED

The Ultimate Solution

BB.

Following on from the 'A Simple Solution' thread...

I'm hoping we can create an ultimate solution to the ongoing calls for terracing to return to Ashton Gate!

Please throw all your ideas and thoughts into the thread, whether they're for or against terracing (but hopefully constructive).

What are all the pros and cons? If everyone chips in, we should find them all!

To vote in the poll, click here.

I'll appreciate any views, so thanks in advance.

mate. if it was cost effective and worked I'm sure ashton gate would have terracing.

however you know nothing to do with what your chatting about and your ideas(however much id love them) are complete useless and pointless. unless you come up with a good solution then i think you should give up.

mate. if it was cost effective and worked I'm sure ashton gate would have terracing.

however you know nothing to do with what your chatting about and your ideas(however much id love them) are complete useless and pointless. unless you come up with a good solution then i think you should give up.

Thats what this thread is about, coming up with an ultimate solution to terracing, by pulling all our knowledge, opinions and ideas together.

I know for a fact that there are people who would return to Ashton Gate if their desire for terracing was catered for. I.e. more money for the Club.

The best way to find out if it is cost effective is to try it!

Anyone got any thoughts/ideas on how terracing could be re-introduced to Ashton Gate?

What are the reasons that the board might give for saying "no" to terracing?

The "we want a modern stadium" statement can be cancelled out by the fact that they put terracing right next to the corperate boxes in Germany, as the people who use the boxes love the atmosphere. Also, freedom of choice is "modern".

Lets pool our thoughts together!

I think until you get somebody running the Club who actually aspires to keep everybody satisfied, learns to grow a pair of b0110x and learns to look beyond the end of his very long nose (Pinnochio), then I don't like the way the Club is headed and I know for fact that there are others who are drifting away and others who have long gone.

In case you haven't noticed, the current lot want you to be seen and not heard, so although I admire your efforts they are essentially pointless.

Following on from the 'A Simple Solution' thread...

I'm hoping we can create an ultimate solution to the ongoing calls for terracing to return to Ashton Gate!

What ongoing calls?

I don't want to return to terracing, although I don't want a new stand until we can pay for it and that's a bigger issue.

It isn't going to happen......it's a bit like calling for the reintroduction of Horse & Carts :angry:

Those using terracing would need to be willing to pay the same price for their tickets as they do now for their seats. Otherwise money would be lost on ticket revenue.

Yes. And they would be. :Sleep12:

What ongoing calls?

I don't want to return to terracing, although I don't want a new stand until we can pay for it and that's a bigger issue.

It isn't going to happen......it's a bit like calling for the reintroduction of Horse & Carts :angry:

You don't want a return to terracing but there are people who have drifted away completely and others close to the brink due to this suppossed modern age failing to provide them with the experiance they are looking for when attending AG. How modern thinking is it really? Although the pole on terracing isn't particularly valid due to it being an unrepressentative cross-section of fans, it does indicate that there are calls for terracing.

Is it really that hard to satisfy everybody's wants and needs?

Why do we need a new all seater stand when we have four already that are only really ever half full?

Your horse and cart analogy is a very tenuous one as although it would be better for the environment and would mame and kill less people each year as well as being debatably more cost effective than the combustion engine, there is no call for it and it has nothing to do with AG anyway.

We're not a league 2 team though, so whats the point in having terracing, the club would be seen as smaller than it is, bcfc is a huge club, why bother making it s##t

Frankly, you don't know what you're talking about.

I can only understand this comment if you're too young to have been to a football match with terracing mate.

All seaters are what has taken the atmosphere away from the Gate and football in general.

Personally I'd LOVE to see a return to standing at the Gate and if given the choice would choose that part of the ground every time. I'm a smoker too mind so... :blink:

To add to BB's 'thinktank' I don't see why it wouldn't be cost effective either. Maybe ticket prices would be less but surely it would increase the capacity to balance that out.

You'd get a better atmosphere as well which would encourage larger gates in general.

Unless the cost of policing a terracing section would be more but again, I don't see why it would be?

Does anybody know what the Football League regulations are with regards to the requirement of seated stadia? If, indeed, there are any.

I don't know the exact details but I think from League1 downwards they're happy enough with terracing, not that they encourage it. Why this is the case, you'd have to ask them. Probably something to do with modern thinking I suspect. Worth noting also that fans at Premiership Clubs such as West Ham and Man City have had protests about the issue too.

It is the authoreties at the Football League that need challenging.

I am 99% certain that if other terraces around the Country start popping up and proved popular then BCFC would soon follow suit. It's a shame that we aren't advanced or modern enough in our thinking to lead the way, although not in the slightest bit surprising.

There is a 'Stand Up, Sit Down' campaign up and running, lets hope that this may break through and show the light to the bunch of dinosaurs in aurthorety.

Until then...... :grr:

Walsall did have terracing but they had to replace it with seats due to league rules. I don't know why that applies just to Walsall and not all the other clubs with terracing though...

Personally, I think the idea of having terracing would be a backward step. However, I can't see why the club won't consider introducing a block or two where standing in front of your seat is permitted.

As one who remembers as a teenager being scared senseless on occasions during the 70s in overcrowded terracing it is something I personally don't miss. Being crushed up against the one of the 'safety' barriers or even worse being lunged forward feet off ground as a surge happens from the back of the stand was pretty terrifying.

By contrast the terracing that i have stood on recently (Torquay, Yeovil) does nothing for me. Stewards constantly shouting at people to stay clear of the walkways with far more control and interference than you get sitting in a seat. My personal feelings are that terracing does not improve my matchday experience nor does it add atmosphere.

I feel if terracing were to be introduced then the stewarding would be as much of an issue as it is now. Instead of being told to sit down fans would find themselves in constant trouble for failing to keep the walkways clear.

As one who remembers as a teenager being scared senseless on occasions during the 70s in overcrowded terracing it is something I personally don't miss. Being crushed up against the one of the 'safety' barriers or even worse being lunged forward feet off ground as a surge happens from the back of the stand was pretty terrifying.

By contrast the terracing that i have stood on recently (Torquay, Yeovil) does nothing for me. Stewards constantly shouting at people to stay clear of the walkways with far more control and interference than you get sitting in a seat. My personal feelings are that terracing does not improve my matchday experience nor does it add atmosphere.

I feel if terracing were to be introduced then the stewarding would be as much of an issue as it is now. Instead of being told to sit down fans would find themselves in constant trouble for failing to keep the walkways clear.

This is a fair post.

I'm not too worried about not being allowed to block gangways so that ain't really my issue, I just find when I'm stood up with my chest pumped out I'm more inclined to sing up. Also, if I'm on the back row, or have everybody behind me standing (and so not blocking anybody's view) I do not see the point in the sit down law that the stewards have to enforce. It is not a danger in any way and it is not an inconveniance to anybody else. I just see it as authorety once again flexing their anal muscles.

ALL SITTING STIFFLES ATMOSPHERE AND THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE

Edit: I'd also like to add that if you were to fill an away terrace with many people who would prefer to be sat then it isn't going to add to the atmosphere. A terrace at AG would draw all the like minded people to one place and I'd feel more happy to take along mates who wouldn't enjoy being sat arms folded in silence for 90 minutes as I've found in the past when taking potential City fans into first the EE and then The Atyeo.

lets reintroduce hanging.

My suggestion is more likely.

I don't think thats actually true is it?

I don't think thats actually true is it?

In all seriousness it is. More than half the population believe in capital punishment and it is regularly debated in various arenas. There is more chance of me farting my way to the moon than SL introducing terracing.

In all seriousness it is. More than half the population believe in capital punishment and it is regularly debated in various arenas. There is more chance of me farting my way to the moon than SL introducing terracing.

Oh, fair play, my minds not really made up on capital punishment.

I've highlighted where I think the problem lies. CS is another massive stummbling block. Still reckon if other Clubs got it underway in the future, which I don't think is an impossibility and it were to become something of a trend, SL and CS would jump ships quickly enough.

Really am unconvinced about your farting/moon comparison but am always willing enough to be shown when wrong.

Edit:F-ed up the bold melarky, but I guess you've probably noticed that.

Archived