IGNORED

So What...

fRed

... if Stewart hadn't have said he wanted to come here, would he have come here?

Yeah, to be fair, if you have a profile like Stewart saying on National TV that he wants to come to little old City, it's difficult to say no.

Can you imagine the fans' response if we hadn't of signed him? :pinch:

Would he of come here if he hadn't done that? Who knows? I doubt we would of gone in for him if we weren't aware of his interest in coming to us...

SL said that he knew he was going to sign Stewart the season before. Stewart had mentioned that it was always his desire to finish his days with City, the club he had supported since childhood.

SL said on the main site that he had intended from that time to get Stewart back to Bristol when last season was completed.

Imagine how Brooker and Gillespie felt when they were pushed aside for Stewart and Bridges. It did not take long before Brooker was back in the first team.

Earlier in the season we had a weaker back four and midfield, we had Brooker and Heywood off injured for extended times. Fontaine was not here, and Tins had lost the plot entirely. Stewart still scored 5 goals at an average of a goal every 3 starts.

Gj has put the squeeze on Stewart since he came back from injury and suspension, and has done him and the club no favours. Stewart is still going to love City, GJ is just a passing manager who he does not get on with.

Stewarts friends, family, and football club are all in Bristol, he will be back here after his playing days are soon over. The point is, his contract has another 1 or 2 seasons to go with us .

SL said that he knew he was going to sign Stewart the season before. Stewart had mentioned that it was always his desire to finish his days with City, the club he had supported since childhood.

SL said on the main site that he had intended from that time to get Stewart back to Bristol when last season was completed.

Imagine how Brooker and Gillespie felt when they were pushed aside for Stewart and Bridges. It did not take long before Brooker was back in the first team.

Earlier in the season we had a weaker back four and midfield, we had Brooker and Heywood off injured for extended times. Fontaine was not here, and Tins had lost the plot entirely. Stewart still scored 5 goals at an average of a goal every 3 starts.

Gj has put the squeeze on Stewart since he came back from injury and suspension, and has done him and the club no favours. Stewart is still going to love City, GJ is just a passing manager who he does not get on with.

Stewarts friends, family, and football club are all in Bristol, he will be back here after his playing days are soon over. The point is, his contract has another 1 or 2 seasons to go with us .

So are you saying that because Marcus Stewart "loves" Bristol City, he is more important to the running of the club than Gary Johnson? Why is the fact he apparently loves the club relevant in the slightest? I just cannot see any reason why a player who apparently loves his club should be able to affect the way the club is run. When you look at the facts over the last couple of seasons it seems that the Bristolian element of the club have taken the pi$$ more than any other. Carey's team bus comment (he soon came running back and is now playing superbly), Aaron Brown, Doherty, Coles, Anyinsah etc. So it almost seems to me that these players think that because they love their local club they are able to take more liberties than the rest. Total nonsense.

At the end of the day if Stewart does not get on with Johnson then it really is Stewart's problem and his responsibility to do something about it (if he wants to). Whatever the faults of Gary Johnson the one thing that is clear is that he runs the club. Have a look at successful teams at every level and tell me how many of them let the Local Players Social Secretary run the outfit?

So are you saying that because Marcus Stewart "loves" Bristol City, he is more important to the running of the club than Gary Johnson? Why is the fact he apparently loves the club relevant in the slightest? I just cannot see any reason why a player who apparently loves his club should be able to affect the way the club is run. When you look at the facts over the last couple of seasons it seems that the Bristolian element of the club have taken the pi$$ more than any other. Carey's team bus comment (he soon came running back and is now playing superbly), Aaron Brown, Doherty, Coles, Anyinsah etc. So it almost seems to me that these players think that because they love their local club they are able to take more liberties than the rest. Total nonsense.

At the end of the day if Stewart does not get on with Johnson then it really is Stewart's problem and his responsibility to do something about it (if he wants to). Whatever the faults of Gary Johnson the one thing that is clear is that he runs the club. Have a look at successful teams at every level and tell me how many of them let the Local Players Social Secretary run the outfit?

I think you'll find what he is trying to say is, Stewart is a city supporter, he will still be a city supporter, and come to watch us long after GJ has moved onto pastures new.

tinnion loved(loves) the club and look what happened there. unfortunately you have to produce the goods. if we go down the route of, yeah but he loves the cub we will end up like the rovuz because thats whow they got themselves in such a mess.

Archived