IGNORED

City And Rovers

The Enormous Turnip

City are meant to be having a dreadful season, which has brightened up of late since around Christmas time. In contrast, Rovers are having a "great season", and are "pushing for the play-offs".

Rovers have only got one more point than City all season, so is it the press or are the two Bristol clubs really having completely contrasting seasons?

Or is it about expectations, from both fans and the media? Why aren't Rovers treated more harshly, they are in the Basement League after all, and therefore their decades of constant under-achievement is even greater than ours.

Time for a Rovers bashing thread! :city:

Guest gashead1089

I wouldn't worry, the way we play it'll be like this for seasons to come.

We're having a good season, but still not good enough.

i think its more the fact we've been up at the top of this league pushing for promotion for the last 5 or 6 years while the gas have had a couple of poor seasons including finishing 2nd bottom of the basement. I think its just based on the fact that the gas are performing better than they have recently and that we were/are performing worse than the last few years. I don't think you can really compare the two seasons

I wouldn't worry, the way we play it'll be like this for seasons to come.

We're having a good season, but still not good enough.

That's just the point. You're not having a good season.

Just because Rovers aren't scrapping to avoid relegation again, (lets face it, you deserved to be relegated two seasons in a row) doesn't mean a probable mid-table finish is good. You seem to be very easily pleased, and your friends in high places in the local media keep the spotlight off your miserable failings. :city:

Guest DrFaustus

Rovers have lost two more games than theyve won, have a hugely negative goal difference and their fans are satisfied that they are having a good season! Makes I larf! :city:

Ah come on, you uncharitable bugger...we have great pasties.

Archived