IGNORED

Blings Weekly Rant

Lordofthebling

Water.

There's a whole lot of the bloody stuff on Earth...

Something like roughly 1,260,000,000,000,000,000,000 litres can be found on our planet. This water is in a constant cycle - it evaporates from the ocean, travels through the air, rains down on the land and then flows back to the ocean.

Now why, when I pop in to BP to buy a bottle of it - why is it so bloody expensive?

It costs more than carbonated drinks, a cup of coffee - even Petrol!

And now, In New York - they have a water menu so you can choose which water to go with your food.

Evian for Steak, Perrier for Chicken and Volvic for Salmon.

Whats up with that yo?!

You wouldnt say that living in the big L.

That ish has been through more people than Jenna Jameson.

Plus, people chuck ish like milk, oil and pee pee down there. It all gets mixed up and stuff.

Yeah, I've tried tap water in London, it's warm and cloudy.... It's basically soup!

You want to get yourself up to Scotland, Blingo!

Water.

There's a whole lot of the bloody stuff on Earth...

Something like roughly 1,260,000,000,000,000,000,000 litres can be found on our planet. This water is in a constant cycle - it evaporates from the ocean, travels through the air, rains down on the land and then flows back to the ocean.

Now why, when I pop in to BP to buy a bottle of it - why is it so bloody expensive?

It costs more than carbonated drinks, a cup of coffee - even Petrol!

And now, In New York - they have a water menu so you can choose which water to go with your food.

Evian for Steak, Perrier for Chicken and Volvic for Salmon.

Whats up with that yo?!

Wow, what an exciting new feature. Will these rants occur every Friday?

Regarding bottled water, it's bourgeois pretentiousness isn't it? There's nothing wrong with what comes out of the tap (yet).

Air's next on the list.

I would buy some of that. The salty aftertaste would compliment the salmon better than Volvic.

If I can extract 5ml per crying session, that would mean I would have to cry 500 times to fill a bottle of Evian.

Surely that should cost 500 times the price?

If anyone wants to offer me £345 for a bottle of my tears - I will gladly supply...

Anyways:

Shouldnt it be cioming down in price then?!

Wow, what an exciting new feature. Will these rants occur every Friday?

Regarding bottled water, it's bourgeois pretentiousness isn't it? There's nothing wrong with what comes out of the tap (yet).

Air's next on the list.

Due to the huge popularity of this new feature, I will endeavour to supply a rant every Friday until I get bored.

Pretentiousness, that sums it up for me. I blame Thatcher.

To sell a commodity at a high price to people who can get it for next to nothing out of the tap, the image is all-important - and not always realistic. Buxton Water is advertised on television and the bottle with pictures of the beautiful Derbyshire landscape. The water is bottled in an industrial estate next to a busy railway yard.

Now bring me my Foie Gras and Evian now...

If I can extract 5ml per crying session, that would mean I would have to cry 500 times to fill a bottle of Evian.

Surely that should cost 500 times the price?

If anyone wants to offer me £345 for a bottle of my tears - I will gladly supply...

Anyways:

Shouldnt it be cioming down in price then?!

I'll start saving now.

And with the whole water issue It's just like the old Homer Simpson saying...

"Water water everywhere, so let's all have a drink"

Ah yes the mighty water debate :)

Imo people who spends £1 on a bottle of water deserve to be ripped off.

What does Evian spell backwards? give you an idea of the people who buy this crap.

In England we have the best water in the WORLD, CoCo Cola (spits) in fact tried to bottle London tap water and flog it to unsuspecting Brits in bottles for £1.50, they did! and we were outragred when we found out we were paying £1.50 for normal water :rofl2br:

fair play to CoCo CoLa for exploiting the stupid!

If you want drinking water use tap water you silly people and stoping buying this crap with added suger now with 'hint of lemon' of whatever, what a load of complete and utter bolox, jesus christ somone hand me a rifle! and i'll shoot the people responsible! :yawn:

navie?

Anyway - I'm ready to be shot, just don't shoot me in my head, chest, arms, legs, feet or jolly areas.

Aaahh Coca Cola and Sidcup. mmmm mmmm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3523303.stm

naive!! :doh:

the only times I've ever bought bottled water have been out on walks on hot days when we've come across a shop, sometimes a little waters the bet thing, even if it costs a quid! :D

naive!! :doh:

the only times I've ever bought bottled water have been out on walks on hot days when we've come across a shop, sometimes a little waters the bet thing, even if it costs a quid! :D

I'm guilty of the crime.

I occasionly buy bottled water when i'm at college because I don't want to drink cancer's choice of beverage ie. Dr. Pepper/Coca Cola/Diet Coke

Archived