IGNORED

City's Biggest Mistake

mozo

Biggest Blunder  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This season has been crap. But next time round we'll go in which renewed hope, and hopefully get back to winning ways.

But here is one last chance to vent your frustration.

You'll be hard pushed to find a City fan who doesn't have an opinion on this, so use your one vote wisely and we'll get an interesting concensus (and I might be redeemed for my last poll!).

Seems his sale of Lita is considered the biggest blunder of the season thus far in the voting.

Yes it does but I don't think he would of made alot of difference really. He wasn't "loved" by all his team mates and I feel a bigger rift may of happened as Tins just let the dressing room got out of control.

Lita has also now suffered 3 injuries this season so he may of also got them here and would also bemissing the rest f the season then would move at the ed of his contract for nothing. We did a good deal at the right time as Noel would say.

• Admin

Seems his sale of Lita is considered the biggest blunder of the season thus far in the voting.

I'm sorry, Tinnion had to go and all that but..... "HIS sale"???

Lita being sold to Reading so that we could reduce our debt was NOT a decision Tinnion was in favour of in trying to produce a successful Bristol City football team.

I'm sorry, Tinnion had to go and all that but..... "HIS sale"???

Lita being sold to Reading so that we could reduce our debt was NOT a decision Tinnion was in favour of in trying to produce a successful Bristol City football team.

Tinnion was the manager, that's all. I wasn't blaming anyone.

Interesting that 'releasing Bridges' has taken second place. I think we need more votes to get to the bottom of public perception.

I don't understand why selling Lita was the biggest mistake. How can it be? compared to keeping Tins on for so long without an experienced person alongside him, Playing Bas Sav for so long, etting rid of a top player in Bridges. Oh and we got a million out of selling Lita so that aint that bad when keeping him on would mean he could walk for nothing in a few months and we still could be in the same position as we are.

I voted selling Bridges. He wasn't given a fair crack of the whip here sadly and he's looking as though he'll prove people wrong. However, I'd say selling Heffernan before Lita's future was resolved was possibly even more so of a blunder. I think alongside Brooker, we had our 20 goal a season striker ready and waiting there - it's a shame as he was another player that never really had the chance to prove himself. I'd take him or Bridges over Stewart anyday.

• Admin

I don't understand why selling Lita was the biggest mistake. How can it be? compared to keeping Tins on for so long without an experienced person alongside him, Playing Bas Sav for so long, etting rid of a top player in Bridges. Oh and we got a million out of selling Lita so that aint that bad when keeping him on would mean he could walk for nothing in a few months and we still could be in the same position as we are.

Because if Lita was up front alongside Brooker we wouldn't miss Bridges & we wouldn't have seen Bas take 19 games to score 1 goal.

Because if Lita was up front alongside Brooker we wouldn't miss Bridges & we wouldn't have seen Bas take 19 games to score 1 goal.

Unusually I agree with you :shifty: selling Lita probably cost us promotion, now he`s in the prem :doh: lets hope the same mistake is NOT made this year by cashing in on Brooker :doh:

I voted for bridges going

also we should have keeped heffernan

GJ's Granade i think will be one of the best things

to happen to this club in years.

Yes to start with it had a negative effect

But this club and most of the playing staff

needed a kick up the ass

GJ only wants players who give HIM and the club 100%

needed a kick up the ass

That's what I think too.

The only thing with Heffernan is that we had Brooker, Stewart and Bridges at the time, so it was understandable that we would sell him if he wanted to leave. Obviously we would of kept him in hindsight and we would have a quality strike force now.

I'm going to vote for Bridges, but again, I can understand why he got sold.

needed a kick up the ass

I knew I'd overlook something, and really, heffernan shoulf be on the list. I'm not sure he would have been one of the contenders though.

Strangely, the events surrounding Lita, Bridges and Bas are the joint top three right now.

Need more votes for a clear winner/loser.

I think my vote 'The appointment of Johnson' is still in with a sporting chance.

:fingersx:

Well we've only had one vote since my plea yesterday so I wouldn't bet on it matey. Not unless Tinnion gets his mates to vote.

i've jumped on the "releasing Bridges" bandwagon.

we cant blame it on Bas, afterall, we were in a mess before he came here, he's "entertained", albeit he aint scored that many. Bridges deserved a chance of first team footy, dropping Stewart i don't think is the problem, i think more of the issue with Stewart is that he needs service to score goals. (remember Mark Robins when he played for us??? he did nothing for 90 mins, but give him the ball in the box and he'd score}.

Lita is a tricky one, afterall, 1 million to a club like us is a lot of money, i know people say we are a big club, but in all honesty, we aint, we may have the stadium plans and the potential fan base, but we've been stuck in this damn division for years now, and when we got promoted we came back down again :@

I think the notorious nightclub incident helped us go onto a 9 game blundering streak which ultimately has cost us this season but having said that, releasing Bridges was a shocker - him alongside Brooker - I can't see how that would not have yielded goals.

Archived