IGNORED

Diving

Goldberg

I am fed up with all the diving at the top level of the game

Why is it every time their is a cheating issue it involves Chelsea, do they practice it in training?

Drogba admitted he cheats, SWP gor Robbie elliot sent off midweek by cheating and I won't even start moaning about Arjen Robben, I know other teams have players that dive, Pires, Ronaldo etc

Even John Terry is known to go down in the box a lot looking for penalties

I think they should implelent a rule that if you are found guilty of diving by TV cameras the club they play for should be deducted a point, every time it happens, they will soon stop it then

How you would implement that into cup games I don't know but it is something the FA should look at

I am worried that the World Cup will be spoiled by cheating foreigners :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

I couldn't stand it on saturday when Drogba said that diving was just 'part of the game'...erm no!

good sportsmanship is part of the game :@

i think FIFA and UEFA are starting to try and sort things out...

FIFA on diving

UEFA on diving

saw on football focas aswell, players who dive more than once could have to where a bright yellow band on their arm to show referees they are divers! ... anybody else see this?

i think FIFA and UEFA are starting to try and sort things out...

FIFA on diving

UEFA on diving

saw on football focas aswell, players who dive more than once could have to where a bright yellow band on their arm to show referees they are divers! ... anybody else see this?

I kinda catched the armband thingy, Thought it was a joke myself- Armbands keep you afloat in water. Get what I mean.

Video evidence should be introduced for this I think. Very simple solution I have thought of. Ref has some kind of portible tv like on a watch or small enough to fit in a pocket. When the ref thinks that a player has dived he can request that the images be sent via wi-fi to this little tv thingy. The ref then sends both players that were involved in the incident to the side of the pitch, Just like if they were recieving treatment for a injury. This will also ensure the game runs smoothly and no team will be at adisadvantageas they would both hae 10 players whilst this is sorted.

The game will continue for 30-60 secs whilst the images are processed and sent. The ref will then get a beep or it will vibrate when the images are recieved. Then when the ball goes out of play naturally then the ref then looks over the pictures/video he has recieved and then makes his decision

If he sees it asa dive then he walks over to the player who dived, Tells him, Here is the video, Your clearly diving, Your trying to gain a unlawfull advantage by deception, I'm not having it, Your off. Players can argue about it but the truth is it's there for all to see. This process would take 1 min to 1 min 30 secs.

And if it wasn't a dve then the ref ust says ok carry on and deals with teh player who fouled him. Be it a warning or a yellow/red card. Theonly problem I see there being is if it's a penalty call. The only solution I can think of for that is to just stop play all together and wait for the images/video. At all other times out side the box then just have a drop ball.

It's all a bit rough and sketchy but i'm sure you will get what I mean.

watching the Barca VS Real Madrid game earlier on, i think that ref should be hired by the FA.

He booked players for dissent and was in control of the game the entire match, he even booked Ronaldo when he dived in order to win a pen, that's the sort of precedent that we need in the English game.

watching the Barca VS Real Madrid game earlier on, i think that ref should be hired by the FA.

He booked players for dissent and was in control of the game the entire match, he even booked Ronaldo when he dived in order to win a pen, that's the sort of precedent that we need in the English game.

That ref was indeed superb.

The only way to stamp out diving is to consistently punish it so harshly that it's not worth the risk.

Bookings aren't enough, in some cases nor are sendings off. A dive or playacting can get an opponent banned and fined, could put a team out of a cup, or even cost a team promotion or relegation.

The punishment needs to be harsh and humiliating and applied retrospectively with video evidence.

Archived