IGNORED

Crying Out For A Hero

potbelly

It struck me yesterday just how much this club is crying out for a hero.

We are desperate for a fans favourite, someone that makes you stand up everytime he gets the ball.

Murray did it last year, Robins almost did it when he came in, but i cant remember the last time we had one. Surely it cant be as far back as jacki.

don't bother replying to this if you are going to say Tommy or Tins, i mean a REAL Hero.

Lita has not yet proven that he could take on the role, but it seems that he is the nearest we have got.

At times yesterday there was a glimer of anticipation when he had the ball. The sort that makes you go all nervous inside and puts the fear of god in the other team and fans.

We need a hero. Any ideas??

Superman is too old anyway and although he might have a good track record, that doesn't suggest he would be any good for us.

He might be faster than a locomotive and able to leap tall buildings in a single-bound, but what we really need is a creative midfielder....

Besides, I think we should keep on waiting for our existing strikers to start scoring goals.

I don't want a player like that anymore because its always those players that get noticed and move onto another club and then were back in the same spot or even worse were up a division and about to take a hefty fall back into division 2!

I'd rather see a team that are all of around the same decent quality and play well together to win matches. I'm fed up of cheering a single player only for them to move on and leave us high and dry!

what r u talking about SPIKE

I'm talking about the "hero's" we have had.

Andy Cole

Darren Barnard

Scott Murray

Junior Bent (how funny)

nah just the general amount of players who city have had and when they have gotten the ball we have all cheered on and hoped they would create something and often did.

Are any of them still here other than Tinnion? No

reason why is the rest of our team is never good enough...

we have 10 average players and 1 player who makes us jmp out of our seats and then when the end of the season comes around and we havent got promotion they up and leave.

I'd rather 11 above average players without the one who makes us jump up and cheer and put in solid performances each week rather than depending on that one guy to liven the rest of the team up.

Maybe not an absolute hero, but when Greg Goodridge was in his prime he could certainly strike fear into the opposition. In all honesty, he couldnt really throw the ball that far, but the anticipation when he was about to launch it into the box was great. I remember one time a steward opened up a gate for him to go into the stand to get a longer run up and the ref stopped him! Well funny.

Maybe not an absolute hero, but when Greg Goodridge was in his prime he could certainly strike fear into the opposition. In all honesty, he couldnt really throw the ball that far, but the anticipation when he was about to launch it into the box was great. I remember one time a steward opened up a gate for him to go into the stand to get a longer run up and the ref stopped him! Well funny.

I have literally soiled my pants due to your unrivalled wittiness. I remember that too.

Its all well and good to have a player like that but you have to admit when those players leave moral seems to drop amoungst the fans because its another player we have grown to love and has disapeared

Isn't that what football is about though? Players coming to the club making a name for themselves, becoming an "icon" with the supporters, then moving on and doing the same with the next club.

When one "hero" leaves, surely somebody should step up and replace him as the player that the fans love?

Players will come and go. It's us supporters that are the ones that stick with the club through thick and thin. It's us supporters that contribute to the wages of these players. It's us supporters that will be here, supporting this club long after all of the current squad has left.

We are the club, and this may sound a bit lame, but aren't we the heroes?

Archived